Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issues with Advanced FOW and Dynamic Lighting

I purchased Lost Mine of Phandelver from the Marketplace. On the Cragmaw Hideout map, I dragged players tokens over but they could only see a black screen. I later discovered that this was due to their tokens not being checked as "Has sight". However, in the interim, before I realised this was the issue, I deactivated AFOW and DL and shifted to standard fog of war. After the game, when I realised what the problem was, I switched everything back on, however:- It seems to be working for the players (or it does when I do the CTRL+L thing to see their view) just see the map in it's entirety and not the view I originally had, which showed the lit and shaded parts. This makes it difficult for me to understand what the players are seeing. No amount of switching things back to the way they were helps (opacity is set same as other maps which are working). I've reset the fog of war multiple times but to no avail. Any ideas how I get that GMs view of the AFOW/DL back?

Edited 1586121165
AFoW has a lot of issues in it's current state. The whole lighting system is being revamped, which as a Pro user you can test the new version on the Dev server. I would recommend disabling AFoW. Resetting Fog of War should conceal the whole page, then you can manually reveal the areas you want players to see.