Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Walls not restricting movement

Edited 1586228126
Have been using the dynamic lighting restricted movment for the last 2 weeks with no issues. Today as I was working on a new section of map saw player tokens could move through all the walls. Checked other levels that were used Saturday with no issue and now can move freely through anything. Next tired another game and same thing, unrestricted movment. Lighting works correctly and moves as the token does. Anyone else running into this suddenly? Edit: Went to check one other thing, if token is clicked and you change into player view, it seems to restrict movement. If on the token level you can move them anyplace using the arrows and the walls don't seem to stop any tokens. At least from a game view it will work but was pretty sure before even as gm when i moved the token it would stop at walls.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you checked if the page settings are set to restrict movement?
I did check that once I noticed it. The new page I created had it set but the more odd thing was the map that was used the last 2 weeks was having the same thing occur and so I checked that as well, also was checked. Tried to uncheck and recheck it. Also did a complete close of the browser and went back, same thing.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, I think I understand your first post better, but pardon if I am still misunderstanding. Did you mean that players can move player tokens through walls, or that you as GM can move player tokens through walls? If the latter, this is normal. GMs can move tokens where they will. While using Ctrl/Cmd-L, movement is restricted. If you ever want to test something more thoroughly, either log back in as a player, or better yet, create a  Dummy Account  and log in that way.
That is good to know so thanks, you were correct. I was sure that before I was moving tokens and they would stop even as GM but thinking about it I wasn't moving much that way other than to be sure I could move them. But if that is how it is supposed to work I will keep it in mind. Still learning everything and something new every day. Thanks again.