Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Very Laggy Response on a Page

Hey folks, I tried to play last night and found the performance was too laggy for my players to even play.&nbsp; They would click to move a token, and there would be a huge delay between the click and the actual movement of the token. But I think this has something to do with the page itself, because I tested today, and it's still the same, but when I tried another page, it worked fine. What could be causing this?&nbsp; I didn't think the page was too big; it's only 47x70.&nbsp; It does, however, have dynamic lighting and advanced fog of war enabled, and there are lots of not-straight lines (in the southern half of the map) for the dynamic lighting.&nbsp; I've read this could cause a problem.&nbsp; (The actual map I'm using is here:&nbsp; <a href="https://images.app.goo.gl/cbYu1FqXbDC21ab77" rel="nofollow">https://images.app.goo.gl/cbYu1FqXbDC21ab77</a> &nbsp;) Any suggestions on what it could be, and what I could do to fix it? Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Best guess? The laggy page likely has both Advanced Fog of War and Global Illumination turned on. If so turn off one or the other and check to see if that fixes the problem.
That seems to be exactly the problem!&nbsp; Thanks for the suggestion.&nbsp; I've taken global illumination off, and just made some big lights for the areas that are out in the sunlight on the map.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There should be warning logic in place on that combo, similar to the warning a user get s when creating a map with an extremely high number of units. But the entire system will be deprecated soon enough with any luck.