Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tips Sought on How to Highlight "Mapped" Areas as Opposed to Just Explored Areas? (Explained In Body of Post)

Hi all, I'm running game where once players have mapped an area in character, they no longer need to roll to move through those areas. Now as I use fog of war to reveal the map as they play like most DM's, I'm looking for a way to highlight areas within the revealed areas once they have been mapped. The thing is, the draw tool fills cannot have an opacity set, so I don't think this will work. So here I am wondering if anyone here has any ideas how to accomplish this elegantly. Thanks for your time.
The best thing I can think of with the limited drawing tools is just draw around the area in a specific color and make it a bolder line? or you could use a transparent png image for a token and set the aura up to cover the area. Hope that helps!