Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

updated Dynamic Lightning makes Game unusable - 95% Ram usage

Hello i activated the new "better" dynamic lightning in the page editing section and now when i want to enter the page or open that game (cause i cant move away from the page) my RAM gets cramped up to 95% used and Chrome crushes. What to do? - I got 8gig of RAM the Solution to it shouldn't be to gear up my computer for the Webapp.
It isn't even connected to the big map i am currently working on, it just fills up the Ram till crash in any Map i tested it.
I can agree on this; the updated dynamic lighting system, regardless of map scale, creates an input lag of at least 1.5 to 2 seconds every time I move a token with sight enabled. This occurs as well when using advanced fog of war under the legacy system.
Yes. I. Thought the change was supposed to optimize it, but I'm straight up failing to load big maps. Chrome gives up before it can load it. 
Same here.  I enabled this on a large map tonight and it brought my computer to its knees, as it swallowed up all the RAM.  I could hardly move the mouse pointer, but just managed to get into the page settings to disable it. It was working OK-ish (still a bit sluggish like the old system) when I tested it earlier, but when 6 players joined the performance plummeted.
Same thing happened to me, older computer but the legacy system worked flawlessly, no lag. New system unplayable crashes both Chrome and Firefox.  Huge step backwards would stop paying if the system switches to this.
Yup tested on a large map. Legacy uses ~800MB of memory and updated uses ~3GB. Totally crazy amounts of memory utilization. Win10 with firefox.
Its happening with Firefox and Chrome. Its happening even without dynamic lightening. Tried without add-ons and scripts. Tried on a separate computer. Tried on a separate game without Dynamic Lighting and on a separate account with the dynamic lighting paid for. The Ram runs easily to 3 GB as GM and easily 1 GB as Player. Any information on this topic?
Is there any Update on this? Problem still occurs.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Report all issues with UDL in the dedicated, pinned thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8422745/a-new-light-bug-thread-updated-dynamic-lighting-and-fog-of-war" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8422745/a-new-light-bug-thread-updated-dynamic-lighting-and-fog-of-war</a>