Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 3.5 - Linking Familiar stats to Master

So a lot of familiar stats are based off the Master, so rather then changing them every level, I want to link those stats to the Master character sheet. For example: The familiar has one-half the master’s total hit points. So how do I tell the Familiar's Max HP slot to pull from the Master's Max HP slot, the divide and round down? Is that possible? Thanks, Nick
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So... you can  use calls to other sheets as values in your familiar sheet: floor(@{Wizard|hitpoints}/2) in the hp max field will print to chat when called as the right number BUT won't display on the sheet as anything but the formula, nor can you use it as a value in a token bar. Personally, I wouldn't bother... unless you plan on using chat output to check numbers for the familiar you'd be best placed keeping a list of things on the sheets 'Racial Abilities' or 'Other' text box that need to be updated each level and just doing it manually, there aren't many things to update and once a level isn't a regular enough occurrence to put too much effort into solving automatically at the price of so much other functionality. Sorry it isn't better news :/
Thanks for the help!