Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Open ended D100 macro

Im looking for a macro that will roll a D100 open ended so from 01-05 it will go negative and 96-00 (100) it will roll again and add the two or more results. So if you roll 04 and 74 you gain minus 70 i.e.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This kind of roll on roll20 is called an exploding roll. I dont think there's any way to explode downwards, unfortunately.
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
I use [[1d100!>96cf<5+?{bonus} ]] . This will explode the d100 at 96 and higher (the !>96 part) and will color the 1-5 red (that's the cf<5 part) so you know that you will need to do another roll to subtract from it.  This does have an unfortunate side effect that if you roll a OEup and then a 1-5, it will still show you a red highlight even though the full roll is above 5 but you can mouse-over the result to verify it and can discount those situations.  You can use [[ ?{original roll} - 1d100!>96]] to have a macro to calculate the open ended down roll, but you would have to enter your original roll when prompted.  Unfortunately there is no way to do the open ended downward roll correctly automatically (and you can only do an open ended one direction at at time). If you also need to highlight natural 66 and natural 100 use [[1d100!>96cf<5cf=66cs=66cs=100 +?{bonus} ]]  This will color the natural 100 green and the 66 blue in addition to the red for 1-5.