Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Train wreck - linking problems, missing artwork, disappearing tokens

Edited 1586882892
This past three days has been a train wreck attempting to use Roll20.  Where to start? Today in our game I noticed that the link from character sheet to token was not working for Armor Class (armorclass is the attribute name.). The existing tokens had a value, but new tokens when being linked to sheets would get nothing. (Please note I have a custom 3.5 sheet based on Diana P's 2.7.3 5/12/2016 build. Things have been stable for literally years.) Is it just this game? The game is three years old; is it corrupted? Create a new game - same problem. Go looking at a four year old game - same problem. Linking the attribute to a bar by hand does not work, linking it by TokenMod does not work. These are things I've done the same way for over three years mind you. This token/character combo is three years old. I noticed it not working today. The Bar 2 value does not track changes off the character sheet. This token/character sheet combo is brand new. I can tell it "armorclass" all day but will not show the value from the sheet. If I swap "actionpoints" with "armorclass"  - action points will show in Bar2 but "armorclass" will not show. Token Mod: !token-mod {{   --set represents|"Test Subject" light_radius|40 light_dimradius|=20 bar1_link|actionpoints bar2_link|armorclass bar3_link|hitpoints         }} -or- !token-mod {{   --set represents|"Test Subject" light_radius|40 light_dimradius|=20 bar1_link|armorclass bar2_link|actionpoints bar3_link|hitpoints         }} "armorclass" will show on the token as if linked, but nothing shows up.  Now the bars will not show me the "armorclass" attribute value. But my macro will: /w gm &{template:default} {{@{selected|token_name}}} {{Armor Class: [[@{selected|armorclass}]]}}{{ Touch: [[@{selected|touchac}]]}}{{ Flatfooted: [[@{selected|flatac}]] }}{{ HitPoints: [[@{selected|hitpoints}]]}}{{ Nonlethal Damage: [[@{selected|nonlethaldamage}]]}}{{ Speed: [[@{selected|Speed}]] }} The sheet appears to be working, and I can pull values from the sheet that I cannot link to the token now. Something changed. Missing Artwork: Being a Pro subscriber is great, if just that I can "create once - use multiple times." I copy a map over to another game... and notice half the artwork is missing. I go look at the original - half the artwork is missing. I pull up a four year old game - the same half of artwork is missing. Really??  (Please note this map was fine just this past Monday when I used it last. 06 April) Disappearing Tokens:  Guess it is not everyday that I go looking through my tokens for that one nice token to represent a gray ooze. I see it, I attempt to move it to the tabletop, and nothing. I try again - nothing. I try in another game - nothing. I can see it in my list of tokens, I can see the file name - I just can't use it.  ooze_gray_ooze from 40 - No Legged Fiends (KS) is showing but is unusable. What happened?? So I used a different token.. But... In summary: Processes I have used for literally two or more years have stopped working. Basic linking from a four year old character sheet has stopped working on at least one attribute. Maps that have not been touched in years, but copied over for use again and again, are now missing artwork. Tokens are showing up in the Art Library Tab but cannot be used. Something has changed, and not on my side. Something to do with the new Advanced Dynamic Lighting change?  I don't know. I do know something has definitely changed on the Roll20 side.  Original results were using Chrome -  Version 81.0.4044.92 (Official Build) (64-bit). Same results were seen using Firefox - Version 75.0 (32-bit).
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hey Erich, is armorclass an autocalc field or an attribute?    Can you create a tiny character sheet with a minimum reproduction of this?  Is it literally just the "armorclass" attribute that's being affected?  Does changing the name of that Attribute on the sheet make it work?  Just some thoughts around figuring out what's going on.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Just wanted to let you know, Erich, the issue with images should have a resolution as of this morning. We made some changes on the way we serve images to resolve problems that have occurred since your first report. On your Character Sheet issue, I'm more perplexed. We haven't made any changes to the Character Sheet system, but I'm looking into it further. Please let me know your status with missing images, and if you come across any more information on the character sheet problem.
Hello Aaron, how is the social distancing life treating you?  Hello Kenton, yes, the character sheet issue is perplexing. It was noticed when one poor character was fighting for her life and it was discovered that the bar being used to show Armor Class was not updating. So her AC was one point off. Just enough to be hit... But we figured it out and moved on with the game. I've looked at it with both Chrome and Firefox, with both brand new character sheets and tokens, as well as old ones.  To answer your question though on images and artwork; yes it all appears to be working fine now when I performed some limited testing on it last night. Thank you for asking. I had replied with the resolution on a post in the Pro forum when Nolan T. J. asked: "Thank you for the prompt reply. Looking into a game:  Artwork did not disappear. Missing token from the art library worked. Character sheet link to tokens still broke. Character sheets from over a week ago show the "Armor Class" in the link, though if changed on the sheet, will not update on the token (this is how it was noticed.) New tokens linked to character sheets refuse to show the "Armor Class" attribute at all. It's just blank..." I had also written that on another user's bug report last night, he was having artwork disappearing off of maps as well.  As to my last remaining problem: The character sheet - token bar link is still broke at this time. Aaron, yes it is an attribute. Here is the code from the character sheet: <td><input class="sheet-inputbox" type="text" name="attr_armorclass" title="armorclass" value="(10+@{armorclassbonus}+@{totalabilityacbonus}+@{armorclasssizemod}+@{acdodgemod}+@{acnaturalarmor}+@{acdeflectionmod}+@{acmiscmod})" disabled="true" style="height: 24px; width: 35px;" /><br><div style="font-size: 0.5em;">Total</div></td> The code for the character sheet has not been touched in the past three years. Also, while looking for Tent's post I found this one by Mad Tinkerer (aka Dave) who is having the same problem with linking tokens to character sheets on a different game/sheet system entirely. In my original post I had mentioned trying to link the Armorclass attribute to another bar. It did not work. When time permits I will do more testing. Thanks for replying.

Edited 1587161462
The Aaron said: Hey Erich, is armorclass an autocalc field or an attribute?    Can you create a tiny character sheet with a minimum reproduction of this?  Is it literally just the "armorclass" attribute that's being affected?  Does changing the name of that Attribute on the sheet make it work?  Testing 22 items on that can be linked, out of the hundreds from that sheet, and 18 of them will link properly while 4 will not. "npcarmorclass" works on the sheet while going back to "armorclass" several times does not. The ones that failed link appear unrelated - armorclass, alignment, character_name, and gender. Yet things like these worked: age, cha, class, deity, eyes, fly_speedm hair, weight, hitdie, initiative. Getting same mixed results on the D20 Modern sheet. As odd as it seems their version of armorclass, "damage," is not working. Swapping the bar links moves the working link but "damage" remains broken. <=- Tested character sheet - token linkage in my The Expanse Game. Everything worked fine except for character_name.  The Expanse uses the Dragon Age sheet. -=> Wow, the Stars Without Number sheet sure does look a lot different than last time I ran a game of it 18 months ago.... Tested character sheet - token linkage - it all worked fine. <=-=> There is a chance I am having problems with the DND 3.5 and D20 Modern sheets, and not the others I used, due to them sharing some code perhaps. Back in October of 2016 I asked a fellow named John W. for help. I think since then he changed his user name to Coke Fired Poppet or something, well he helped on things and next thing you know he stops answering messages and he releases the sheet. Go figure. Anyways, I wonder if the D20 Modern sheet inherited the problem from the DND 3.5 sheet I was modding? To give credit where credit is due: his product is more refined than anything I would have pawned off.  But the "Armor Class" entry for the DND 3.5 sheet and the "Defense" entry for the D20 Modern sheet are, different variables of course, pretty much the same. <td><input class="sheet-inputbox" type="text" name="attr_armorclass" title="armorclass" value="(10+@{armorclassbonus}+@{totalabilityacbonus}+@{armorclasssizemod}+@{acdodgemod}+@{acnaturalarmor}+@{acdeflectionmod}+@{acmiscmod})" disabled="true" style="height: 24px; width: 35px;" /><br><div style="font-size: 0.5em;">Total</div></td> <th><input type="number" class="sheet-ability" name="attr_Defense" title="@{Defense}" value="@{Defense-Base}+@{Defense-Class}+@{Defense-Equipment}+@{Defense-Dex}+@{Defense-Size}+@{Defense-Misc}" disabled="true"/></th>
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
do all the attributes that cannot be changed have  disabled="true"  in their specification?  Can you past a few that worked vs didn't, I'm wondering if there is a pattern in the definitions.
Here is what I have: Alignment - fails to show properly. <td><div style="float: left"><select style="width: 90px;" name="attr_alignment" title="alignment"> <option value="2" selected>CG</option> <option value="1">LG</option> <option value="3">NG</option> <option value="4">N</option> <option value="9">CN</option> <option value="5">LN</option> <option value="6">LE</option> <option value="7">NE</option> <option value="8">CE</option> </select><br>Alignment</div></td> Character_Name - fails to show properly. <td><div style="float: left"><input type="text" name="attr_character_name" title="character_name" style="width: 125px; text-align: right;"><input type="text" name="attr_character-name2" title="character-name2" style="width: 175px;">   <br>Character Name</div></td> Gender - fails to show properly. <td><div style="float: left"><select style="width: 90px;" name="attr_gender" title="gender"> <option value="2" selected>Male</option> <option value="1">Female</option> <option value="0">Asexual</option> Armorclass - fails to show properly. <td><input class="sheet-inputbox" type="text" name="attr_armorclass" title="armorclass" value="(10+@{armorclassbonus}+@{totalabilityacbonus}+@{armorclasssizemod}+@{acdodgemod}+@{acnaturalarmor}+@{acdeflectionmod}+@{acmiscmod})" disabled="true" style="height: 24px; width: 35px;" /><br><div style="font-size: 0.5em;">Total</div></td> NPC Armor Class (Works) <td class="sheet-table-left"><input style="width: 40px;" type="text" name="attr_npcarmorclass" title="npcarmorclass" placeholder="AC">(<input style="width: 290px;" type="text" name="attr_npcarmorclassinfo" title="npcarmorclassinfo" placeholder="Armor Class Mod Info">), Touch:<input style="width: 40px;" type="text" name="attr_npctoucharmorclass" title="npctoucharmorclass" placeholder="T AC">, FF:<input style="width: 40px;" type="text" name="attr_npcflatfootarmorclass" title="npcflatfootarmorclass" placeholder="FF AC"></td> Age - works <td><div style="float: left"><input type="text" name="attr_age" title="age" style="width: 90px;"> <br>Age</div></td> Hope this helps.
Just a quick note: the latest version of the D&D 3.5 sheet has the same error as my modded sheet. D&D3.5 v2.7.8. Linking  the Armor Class to the Token in any bar does not function.
Hello, just wondering if there was resolution to this issue? Not sure if it was mentioned but when I use an attack roll macro, the armorclass is calculated correctly so it definitely is just an issue with the token bar linkage.
On the D&amp;D 3.5 sheet, armorclass is an autocalculating field. Autocalculating fields are an older technique that sheets used before we had sheetworkers, and they are not as robust. It does appear that a recent change on Roll20's end has broken the linking of autocalc values to tokens. Roll20 is looking into this and will try to address it. See here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8427520/token-bars-not-syncing-up-with-values/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8427520/token-bars-not-syncing-up-with-values/</a>