Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Apply Damage Button not Working

Edited 1586960913
Nico
Pro
I've recently upgraded to pro and have been enjoying learning more about the features available. API scripts are a big reason for the upgrade, however one of which I'm trying to use is Apply Damage. I have followed instructions I've found to install it from the github, (found here: <a href="https://gist.github.com/joesinghaus/9fd52108d07e5ef83ed879a7c6fdc68f" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/joesinghaus/9fd52108d07e5ef83ed879a7c6fdc68f</a> ) yet each time I try to run a GroupCheck command involving Apply Damage the 'Apply Damage' button doesn't do anything. Hoping anyone can provide some insight regarding how I get this to work properly. Alternatively, is there something else you'd recommend in its place?

Edited 1586968996
Having this same issue. Can't find a fix for it EDIT: Looks like I fixed it for myself at least. Apply Damage defaults to use Bar 1 for token health, while I use bar 3. To fix this I went into the "Apply Damage.js" and changed on line 18 ( bar: "1" ) into ( bar: "3" ) If this works for you great! If not, hopefully someone smarter than I can help you out. Happy Gaming!
Good eye, my friend. Thank you very much!
Use the alterbars script.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Alterbars has no synergy with GroupCheck+Apply Damage. With those two together, you can grab everyone within the radius of a fireball, for example, click once to have them all save, enter the damage and click "Apply damage". Every token makes an individual save and takes damage accordingly.
As a newbie to the scripting and API's, I can't find where the script editor is, if it's on the API Scripts Screen. Where can i find the scripts as i am also trying to fix the Apply Damage piece but can't figure out where. Thanks.
If I understand your question correctly, Harry, then you should be looking inside the API Scripts setting options, at the big wall of script with the black/dark green background. As Austin pointed out you can fix it on line 18 of the code you paste into the editor.