Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Advanced Fog of War - Sight for all Players

Hi...i have some problems with the Advanced Fog of War (and dynamic lighting)....hopefully you can help me with that (even if this is perhaps a  noob question). in my game, i'm using dynamic light and advanced fog of war. My players want to see, what each player is seeing / revealing. Example...the party is outside of a room and one pc enters the room. With dynamic lighting and advanced fog of war, the pc is leaving the line of sight after entering the room. Only he can see the room. But we would like, that all pc can see this individual pc and the new discovered room and an revealed enemy token while he is in there. I hope, you understand what i (german) mean. Perhaps it is just me struggling with advanced fog of war, dynamic light and with the "new dynamic light". So...if you can help me with that issue, i would appreciate it very much!  
Loki
Sheet Author
Hi Steve, in the token settings on the second tab (maybe something like "advanced settings" in english?) where you configure the radius of the light the token emits you can activate a checkbox that says something like "All players see light". Did you do that and if not, does it help? Cheers!
You need to make all tokens controllable, in the token settings, by all players.  That is how I do it in my IRL games using Roll20 and Dynamic lighting.  Also, I would recommend you not do large maps with AFOW turned on.  It was broken January of last year with an "Update", and has not worked properly since.  AFOW is to show your players where they have been.  I have just accepted that I wouldn't have that feature and so play without it. 
wow...thank you for the quick reply! @Loki: yes...I've already tried that but it was no solution. The Tokens disappeared nonetheless from the vision of other players. @Bob: oh....never thought about it this way. I will try it and hopefully, the players won't run amok with the right to control all player tokens :-)
Bob P. said: You need to make all tokens controllable, in the token settings, by all players.  That is how I do it in my IRL games using Roll20 and Dynamic lighting.  Also, I would recommend you not do large maps with AFOW turned on.  It was broken January of last year with an "Update", and has not worked properly since.  AFOW is to show your players where they have been.  I have just accepted that I wouldn't have that feature and so play without it.  That's the solution to my problem! Thank you very much! Never thought about giving all players control/edit rights for the other tokens/characters.