Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Two more questions (or three?)

Is there a way to limit the number of entries in a Repeating section based on other character stats? For example, a Feats area where the number of Feats is equal to the character's Level? And where can I learn about using the API to integrate an external database-like file into my character sheet, as Handouts or whatever? I've been reading over the API documentation and Forum today and they don't seem to touch on that area much. On the whole, I'm thinking about just building a website that does what I want my character sheet to do, even though it won't be attached to Roll20's maps and such. Am I crazy to pass up on the Roll20 features in my quest for a homebrew-system character builder?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can limit entries in a repeating section, but the way you'd do it is use getSectionIDs to count how many rows there are, then delete the last one if it it exceeds the limit. So every time a player creates a new row, it will be created then immediately deleted. You cant integrate an external database with the API. The reason no documentation covers that is because there is no way to link to external sites from within a campaign, roll20 blocks that. So you can create an external site to manage your character sheet, but there is no way to use that sheets features on roll20.