Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I imported character from dndbeyond how come I can't click on spell and have it roll automatically?

Hello, When I create a character wizard from scratch I can click on firebolt and it will do a roll automatically but when I import a character from dndbeyond when I click on that wizard characters firebolt it just puts description in chat and doesn't roll?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You'll need to ask whoever set up the conversion process. It's not a Roll20 created or supported feature.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
If you created your character sheet from scratch and it works, why did you mention DnDBeyond at all? Roll20 Doesn't have any official method of importing DnDBeyond character sheets, so you gotta consult whoever did it to figure out what's wrong.

Edited 1587176659
Andreas J. said: If you created your character sheet from scratch and it works, why did you mention DnDBeyond at all? Roll20 Doesn't have any official method of importing DnDBeyond character sheets, so you gotta consult whoever did it to figure out what's wrong. I imported 1 character with dndbeyond and was wondering why it wasn't working so to test I created another similar character and then it worked. Ok I was wondering if anyone knew or had encountered it or if there was an easy fix.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think we are talking past each other. Without knowing how you did the import (since there is no supported way), it's a difficult question to answer. If you used a script of some kind, you would get better response asking the question on the thread for that script.
keithcurtis said: I think we are talking past each other. Without knowing how you did the import (since there is no supported way), it's a difficult question to answer. If you used a script of some kind, you would get better response asking the question on the thread for that script. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I actually use BeyondImporter. I'll look for the thread. I think the repo might not be active currently... Thanks for your help