Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ch. 1: An Adventure Begins in Kellee

Dungeon Master (GM): The adventure starts with the party coming down the Timori Road from the east of Kellee, when they spot a poster nailed to a tree. everyone see the poster?   Rahfen: yep   Dungeon Master (GM): ok   Rahfen: "A 1000 gold eh...."   Xenia Locoster: "Could be a way to earn some money"   Rahfen: "That's more than I've ever even seen..."   Xenia Locoster: "Keep eyes out for him, if we can catch him, we'll all have a good amount of gold"   Ulvall: "mhm."   Rahfen: I continue down the path   Xenia Locoster: Coming into or just leaving Barovia?   Rahfen K: (what town is this?)   Xenia Locoster: Town called Kellee I believe   Rahfen K: (got it)   Dungeon Master (GM): yes as you approached Kellee you saw the poster and as you enter the town a young fellow approaches you a young man of average build, in his late teens. He has close cropped, brown hair and gray eyes. He is wearing a leather cuirass and armed with a footmen’s mace.   Rahfen K: "Hello."   Dungeon Master (GM): the fellow says, "Hello Folks! Just passing through Kellee or are you staying someplace here?"   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Depends. Say, know anything about a fellow named Elgin?"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Hoping to find a place to stay "   Ullek H.: Ulvall just observes   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin stands silently watching the exchange   Eadgils: says, “My name is Eadgils. You all could stay at the Tall Mug Inn. Tell them I sent you."   [looking up what he says about Elgin. need to find another sheet.]   Rahfen: (k)   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Well Eadgils, Perhaps you would join us for a drink later this evening?""   Eadgils: says, “Sure, I’d be glad to.”   Ricardo the Elf Ranger Says: "where are yall from" , "I am from a place called Tejas " , "I am glad to be adventuring with yall"   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Same here, Ric."   Eadgil: says, "Oh Elgin, is wanted for the murders around town. Go see Dominond the Reeve at town hall over there (Points towards building)."   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Thanks.  walks ahead "   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "should we get a room then go see this Reeve then?"   Ullek H.: sounds good   Dungeon Master (GM): i will ping the building he points out   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Guess this is the spot."   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: ""That sounds like a good plan and we were thinking that we'd never agree on anything""   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "indeed"   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "In that case, do y'all wanna grab a room, while I ask about the job?"   Ullek H.: sure   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Starts strumming her lute looking around for a good spot to play   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "we should all go together i think"   Ullek H.: yes   Dungeon Master (GM): The Town Hall is one of the largest buildings in the whole of Kellee. It has sturdy stone walls and is covered with a roof of thick terracotta tiles. The Town Hall is made up of three sections.   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Do what you will..." I approach the front doors opens the doors and walks in   Buddy D.: same                Ullek H.: same but staying to the rear   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin follows   Town Guard: says, "Wait! What is your business here?"   Dungeon Master (GM): yea hold up, they are not letting you in just yet.   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Killing killers that kill and stuff. "   Town Guard: says, "Ah, I take it you saw the Wanted poster for Elgin?"
Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "We are looking for a place to rest for the night, Eadgils said we could come by here"   Town Guard: says, "Eadgils? Ah, I bet the fellow pointed you to the Tall mug Inn, it's the long building just down the road."   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Correct. May I come in?"   Town Guard: says, "So if you wish to inquire about the bounty on Elgin, I will inform the Reeve."   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "thank u"   Dungeon Master (GM): the guard excuses himself and enters the building. A moment later, someone calls for the party to enter.   Rahfen K: enters   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Follows inside   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "Hello, I am Dominond the Reeve of Kellee. I understand you are inquiring about the bounty on Elgin?"   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "Greetings, we seen your sign out there and are inyresred in the job"   bows slightly   Xenia the Tiefling Bard (Are we from this area or from elsewhere?)   Rahfen K: (I think we travllers)   Rahfen: (lol, the Reeve looks like he owns an italian bowling alley)   Dungeon Master (GM): Area Description: (Party enters the triangular middle section of Town Hall):   Dominond is setting behind a large wooden desk in a red wing backed chair. Behind him is a fireplace with a portrait of what looks like the Reeve when he was a young man, sitting on the mantel piece. There are two plush stools between the office’s door and the Reeve’s desk, for visitors to use. The hardwood floor is mostly covered by an ornate but worn rug, that is burgundy in color, with gold trim. As the party comes in the door, the Reeve motions them in with a beckoning wave. He points to the stools, and says, “Sit, sit”   Ricardo the Elf Ranger Says: "i sit"   Rahfen K: sits   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Takes a seat   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Yells out to the guards, “Bring in a bench, these brave folks deserve a rest!” Once that is done, Dominond asks the party, “So you are interested in hunting down that animal Elgin the Wolf?”   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin moves to sit   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "That's right. A dog to put down, and a fair pay."   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "I have a meeting in about 5 minutes with another fellow, so what are your questions?"   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "indeed we are, my companions and I are good at such things "   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "Good to know."   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Is Elgin from this area?"   Ullek H.: Do we know the general area were this dude fled   Dungeon Master (GM): Nope, you are new to the area, a group of adventurers simply traveling looking for something to do.   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Any idea where we can find him? Who he killed?"   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "what did he do? why is he wanted? and what is his last known location?"   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "Yes, he is from here."   Rahfen K: (the poster said he killed 5 people in the town)   Ricardo the Elf Ranger Says: "i would smack that guy around for you"   Barous Bloodbane: ( just wanted his words exactly)   Rahfen K: (k)   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "Right, it is suspected he is behind the 5 murders, yes."   Ullek H.: how did he kill em...method   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "Elgin has led a group of highwaymen that have plagued the roads of Tepest, and Nova Vaasa for the last five years. About four and a half months ago he and his band raided a silver mine on the northern border. They killed the four dwarves that ran the mine and made off with a fortune in silver. Shortly after that, two months later, Elgin went mad and killed all his men, seven of them. After that he started killing people who live north of the village. He has killed five in all. All lived on farms in the surrounding countryside "   “The victims have all died from stab wounds.”   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "May we see the crime scenes?"   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin nods lost in thought   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Still. I'd like to know where specifically. The tracks may still be present."   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "I don't have enough town guards to spare more time to investigate the murders, so thus why I am making an offer."   Ullek H.: We must be vigilant with this canut

Edited 1587582097
Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "how long since it happened? "   Buddy D.: I agree ullek   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Yes, that's why we're here. But, you surely know where or who it was that was stabbed right?"   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "I was hoping to hire experienced trackers to find Elgin and that can handle him."   “It has been a couple weeks now since the last victim.”   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "As far as you know, What if anything do the victims have in common?"   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "Yes, the 5 victims, lived on the north side of town and all had stab wounds and we know their identities."   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "trackers we have we but need a place to start are search"   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Who or where? That's all I need."   Ullek H.: Were they common folks or had means   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "The only thing in common that we can see right now is that they are all locals and common folk."   Says: "It's been a couple weeks since the last murder happened."   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Well, shit. Probably dead tracks by now then."   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "The crime scenes have long since been cleaned up, i'm afraid."   Ullek H.: Were they commited at night or day   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "so tracks will be cold body buried any idea where to start?"   Ullek H.: or random   Buddy D.: Ricardo the Elf Ranger Says: "I am a tracker"   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says, “We believe at night, and random as we do not see any connection.”   Says: "Perhaps, ask the folks around town, if you will, perhaps they can provide leads."   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin nods   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "I can give you a map of Kellee and of the Tepest Region, to help find your way around the area,"   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "sounds like are only option"   Ricardo the Elf Ranger Says: "where is the nearest tavern"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Guess we go make our way to the Inn then""   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "that would be helpfull"   Ullek H.: ok   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " heads out "   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "The tall mug is just down the road to here (Pointing on the Kellee map)"   Rahfen K: Heads to the Inn from earlier   Town Guard: announces the Reeve's next appointment has arrived.        Dominond the Reeve of Kellee the Human Wizard Says: "Ok, looks like my meeting has arrived, so folks, I wish you good luck in tracking down Elgin for us and thank you for your time in this matter. So long!"   Ullek H.: nod   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin takes the map and follows others outside   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Heads to the tall mug Inn   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin checks out next appointment person on the way by   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " from outside  Thanks"   Says: " Heads to Inn "   Barous Bloodbane: ( so i now have the maps?)   Dungeon Master (GM): as the party leaves a fellow named Ingeld greets them at the door, he mentions he's here to see the Reeve himself. Ingeld is a tall plump man, with a shaven head and a pointed red beard. He wears a tunic style robe, that comes down to a few inches below his knees. Ingeld’s robe has gold and silver coins sown to its trim. The rest of the robe is a deep crimson. Yes you have two maps now.   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Cool...?  Walks past him "   Dominond the Reeve of Kellee: ok you make your way to the inn after greeting Ingeld on the way out as he enters. I will ping the inn, it's labeled #1 on this map   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " Walks in "
Xenia Locoster: By Popular Demand Background: Entertainer You can always find a place to perform, usually in an inn or tavern but possibly with a circus, at a theater, or even in a noble’s court. At such a place, you receive free lodging and food of a modest or comfortable standard (depending on the quality of the establishment), as long as you perform each night. In addition, your performance makes you something of a local figure. When strangers recognize you in a town where you have performed, they typically take a liking to you.   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " Walks up to bar  "Water please.""   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Hello, Eadgil told us we should come here"   Dungeon Master (GM): Area Description: The Tall Mug Inn is a long two-story building on the west side of town. It is on the north side of the Timori Road, directly across from the stables. The Inn, like most of the buildings in Kellee, has tall whitewashed walls with dark timber supports and crossbeams. Large ornate flowers decorate the front wall of the inn. Unlike most other buildings in the village the roof of the Tall Mug is made of heavy terracotta tiles. The main entrance of the inn opens into the dining room of the inn's tavern. It is a long low-ceilinged room with a bar on the far end. Eight heavy oak tables are staggered down the length of the room.   Rahfen K: I took one of the flowers from the front on the way in ties it to longbow   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " under breath : ...pretty. :3"   Aelswith the Innkeeper Says: "Hello Folks! Welcome to the Tall Mug! Come on inside!"   Aelswith the Innkeeper Says: "Do you all need a room, a meal or both perhaps?"   Dungeon Master (GM): Aelswith is a plump middle-aged woman with dishwater blond hair. She is friendly and outgoing. She wears a tan and green dress with a bodice.   Rahfen K: turns to Xenia   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "both please"   Aelswith the Innkeeper Says: "a single room is 6 silvers with meals included. Just having a meal is 15 coppers, additional beverages extra."   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " turns to Xenia  Say, any chance you could play for our stay?"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Both would be good for me, Would it be alright if I played a bit and sang a song or two?""   Aelswith the Innkeeper Says: "Ok, good. Yes, go right on ahead, we miss Alee-Onna’s singing here. Thanks, (she hands you a key to the rooms you stay in, upstairs)"   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin hands over the silver   Aelswith the Innkeeper Says: "breakfast is still being served, we have goat chops and eggs with apple cider."   Xenia Locoster: Any stools or just benches?   Dungeon Master (GM): Stools are along the bar   Aelswith the Innkeeper Points to the stairwell   Says: "The rooms are up those steps, the keys have the room numbers on them."   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Sits down on a stool, starts playing her lute and starts to sing a song   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin joins the others sitting on a stool   Xenia Locoster: 14 | 10 PERFORMANCE  (7)   Rahfen K: notices the barmaid   Buddy D.: Ricardo is the ugliest elf on the planet and has no charm   Onela The Chamber Maid Says: "Hello, folks I am Onela, I am the Inn's chamber maid."   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "(To the barmaid) Hellooo. Tell me, what's the policy on 'customer interaction')" (Can I roll seduction?)   Onela The Chamber Maid: yes rahfen you can   Rahfen K: how I do that?   Onela The Chamber Maid: I would think a charisma check   Xenia Locoster: (Persuasion?)   Rahfen K: 10 | 2 CHARISMA  (-1)   Buddy D.: can I get a strong ale now   Onela The Chamber Maid: ok i'll say you seduce her   Rahfen K: ;)   Ricardo the Elf Ranger Says: "lady i need ale"   (From Buddy D.):  my guy is very rude and ugly   Onela The Chamber Maid Says: "Sure, one ale coming right up (goes to pour ale, slaps it down in front of Ricardo)"   Ricardo the Elf Ranger Says: "this ale taste bad"
Onela The Chamber Maid Says: "Oh my sorry about that, would you like something else?"   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " sternly  (whispers) Ricardo, don't screw this up for me. I can get info on the murders from her."   Dungeon Master (GM): [Just a reminder you can inquire about your murder suspect]   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Ricardo Just choke it down"   kicks him in the shins   Dungeon Master (GM): Aelswith and Onela are enjoying the bard's playing.   Ricardo the Elf Ranger Says: "ok I’ll sit by the fireplace........ (Ricardo is very ugly and offensive just so yall know) "   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Now, Onela was it? You see, we're here to deal with a 'wolf.' Sorry to bring down the mood, but what can you tell me about the poor souls that fell by the wolf??"   Rahfen: (it ok Buddy, ik.)   Onela The Chamber Maid Says: "The wolf? Poor souls? Oh you must mean Elgin and the murders."   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Yes."   Onela The Chamber Maid Onela is a young mother in her early twenties. She has dark brown hair that she wears in a bun, under her white kerchief. At work she always wears a plain brown dress.   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Anything you know about the victims..?"   Onela The Chamber Maid Says: "I know that Alee-Onna, is Elgin's girlfriend. I don't know much about the victims."   Says: "Don’t know what she sees in em. Could av any man in Kellee, she could. Why she lets em string her alongs more than I can reckon. Shes so art broke ain’t left the hoos in nigh on a fortnight. I be bringing er fresh greens and bread, sos I can check in on er every few days."   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin waits for his food to arrive the eats listening to the inns goings on   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " takes notes "   Dungeon Master (GM): the innkeeper Aelswith, is back by the stove preparing the meals.   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: ""I see..is that all?""   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Listens and watches the room as she plays and sings   Onela The Chamber Maid the Says: "I might know some more, have any more change on you? Yes."   Xenia Locoster: nope   Onela The Chamber Maid: heh   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Tell you what, meet me in my room in a bit and we can discuss it further? yes?"   Onela The Chamber Maid the Says: "Sure, I can meet you, upstairs."   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " winks and heads back to the bar "   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Gives Rahfen a wink and a smile as she plays   Rahfen K: gives flower from earlier while at it   Onela The Chamber Maid Throws Rahfen a kiss, as he goes to the bar. Thanks Rahfen for the flower.   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " blank face  (whisper) Alright, y'all I think that went well.", gives Onela a thumbs up :3   Aelswith the InnKeeper Says: "Ok, folks here is your meal. (sets plates down)"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard takes a break from playing   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Hey! Xeni! Great song as always claps "   Aelswith the InnKeeper Says: "Alee-onna, my singing girl is all twiterbated over that rapscallion. He done broke her heart. Ain’t seen her this moon. She’s hold up in her hoos."   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Think she'd be willing to talk to us?"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard smiles at the Innkeeper bows her head slightly at Rahfen   Aelswith the InnKeeper Says: "I don't know, maybe go check on her and see for us?"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "I think we should pay her a visit"   Rahfen K: gotcha   Onela The Chamber Maid Says: "For a silver I can tell you where Alee-Onna lives"   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "Wait, Xenia, can you and the others go do that? I made an...'appointment' with Onela over there. Do you think you can spare me your room for a bit?"  
Xenia the Tiefling Bard Grins at Rahfen   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " nervous grin  weeeellll....?"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "I can do that, but, it'll cost ya (Winks)"   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " sighs  fine...but, remember, business first."   Xenia the Tiefling Bard offers him her key   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " takes it  thank you "   Dungeon Master (GM): [anyone offering Onela the silver for the location of Alee-Onna's house?]   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Well after we eat, lets pay the poor girl a visit, maybe we can cheer her up" Xenia will   Dungeon Master (GM): ok   Rahfen K: (how busy is the Inn?)   Dungeon Master (GM): It’s currently not busy at all.   Onela The Chamber Maid Says: "Alee-Onna Lives in a small cottage outside of town to the north east of here."   Rahfen K: (I don't wanna seduce her during rush hour, that'd just be rude.)   Xenia Locoster: (Wham bam Thank you Mam now get back to work haha   Onela The Chamber Maid Says: "Her place is about a two hour walk from town."   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "(North, you say....) Thank you Onela  smiles   hands her a silver " (lol)   Onela The Chamber Maid Takes the silver coin. Says: "Thank you. Alee-onna’s cottage is located north-east of Kellee at the foot of a tall snowcapped mountain. A well-worn foot path leads to it from the Timori Road,"   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " turns to party  Nows your cue. Maybe you can find something out from her." , approaches Onela   Dungeon Master (GM): [The Timori road is the main road through town]   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "So, got a second to 'talk'  gestures to the staircase " Says: "?*"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Lets take a walk then, come on"   Onela The Chamber Maid Says: "Yes, I have a second, to talk. (heads towards the stairs)."   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Shouts to Rahfen before they vanish "Remember business HAHA"   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " turns irritated  (under breath) shut. up!)"   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " Leads her into room "   Onela The Chamber Maid Follows Rahfen into the room.   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "(Can we  fade to black ?)"   Dungeon Master (GM): [There is no upstairs map, in fact this is supposed to be a 1 story building but as you can see, there would be no room for any bedrooms, so I added the stairs in!]   Rahfen K: [that's fine, I wasn't finna roleplay the whole thing, so let's just "fade to black" on it]   Xenia Locoster: oh well, so the rooms are above the common room hehe   Dungeon Master (GM): yea, so i guess you can hear any action going on So thus the group heard the bed being joustled from their love making...   Rahfen K: (oh god...lol)   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: " Finishes "business" with Onela "   Xenia Locoster: haha thanks now you probably need to get back to work... haha   Rahfen the Drow Ranger Says: "The name's Rahfen by the way. Call me again if you need help with stuff. But, tell me. Any more details you know about Elgin or his girlfriend?"   Xenia Locoster: thought we left to see the broken hearted singer   Dungeon Master (GM): ok they come back down to the dining room, the party having finished their meals.   Rahfen K: Yeah, y'all were supposed to be checking her out while I was with Onela   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, looks like that is next thing to do, does the party head on out to see the singer Alee-Onna? or is there something else in mind for the moment?   Rahfen K: I think we we're gonna have the rest of the party split off while I was chatting with Onela   Dungeon Master (GM): ok so, lets see if done that way Rahfen would be at the inn for at least say 6 hours alone in town while the rest are off to see Alee-Onna   Rahfen K: Yeah, let's just say I'm asking Onela random stuff (lemme know if I learn anything later). And for now, I'll just be silent while y'all check out Alee-Onna   Xenia Locoster: Nothing wrong with that what could go wrong?
Dungeon Master (GM): heh   Rahfen K: (oh god. why'd you have to say it) (>w<)   Dungeon Master (GM): ok Rahfen can stay in Kellee and do whatever he wants as the rest go see Alee-Onna is that ok with the rest of the party?   Buddy D.: sure   Rahfen: bloodbane?   Xenia Locoster: yeah its fine   Aelswith the InnKeeper Says, “Here take this basket of bread and meats up to Alee-Onna, I’m sure she will need it.”, hands the party the basket.   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, so the group minus Rahfen heads out on their way up to the cottage. (To GM)rolling d10( 3 ) = 3   Rahfen K: (meanwhile, I'm questioning Onella. And also, getting to know her well on a personal level)   Dungeon Master (GM): alright noted and as the party make their way up to the cottage an encounter happens everyone give me a perception check   Xenia Locoster: 2 | 14 PERCEPTION  (0)   Rahfen K: (good luck y'all..)   Barous Bloodbane: 8 | 12 PERCEPTION  (0) Barous Bloodbane   Xenia Locoster: I see nuzhing   Dungeon Master (GM): Xenia, Barous are surprised   Buddy D.: 5 | 18 PERCEPTION  (3)   Rahfen: (afk)   Dungeon Master (GM): so is buddy and someone please roll for ullek's character ok   Xenia Locoster: rolling 1d20( 15 ) = 15   Buddy D.: 9 | 12 PERCEPTION  (2)   Dungeon Master (GM): he's not surprised you are all come upon by a hungry brown bear!   Buddy D.: Ricardo, the Elf Ranger, gets ready to make an attack move! INITIATIVE ROLL: 8   Xenia Locoster: 6.15 INITIATIVE  (2.15)   Dungeon Master (GM): Bear (Brown), the , gets ready to make an attack move! INITIATIVE ROLL: 17.1 Ulvall, the Human Rogue, gets ready to make an attack move! INITIATIVE ROLL: 4   Barous Bloodbane: 10.14 INITIATIVE  (2.14) Barous Bloodbane   Dungeon Master (GM): 1 more initiative needed   Buddy D.: Ricardo, the Elf Ranger, gets ready to make an attack move! INITIATIVE ROLL: 20   Dungeon Master (GM): ok let's see according to the turn order the bear goes for:  2 Ricardo   Buddy D.: Ricardo, the Elf Ranger, gets ready to make an attack move! INITIATIVE ROLL: 18   Dungeon Master (GM): Claws Bear Attack:  25  |  16 Bear (Brown) Attacks: Ricardo! Damage:  11  +  6  Slashing OUCH! Ricardo gets badly slashed for 17 damage!   Dungeon Master (GM): it's barious' turn now   Barous Bloodbane: k just a lil confused lol   Dungeon Master (GM): opps he was surprised so only Ulvall can attack the first round!   Barous Bloodbane: who got hit and where am i compared to bear?   Dungeon Master (GM): ok it's actually Ulvalls turn then round 2 starts   Buddy D.: im unconsious   Barous Bloodbane: kk thats what i thought so confused lol   Dungeon Master (GM): i will roll him 10 | 25 Rapier   (+5) ok that is a miss had to look on the sheet
Round #02 now and the bear goes for  3 Xenia   Dungeon Master (GM): Bite Bear Attack:  24  |  13 Bear (Brown) Attacks: Xenia! Damage:  6  Piercing   Xenia Locoster: I'm dead :(   Dungeon Master (GM): Now is Barous' turn   Barous Bloodbane: with sword and shield equipped 15 | 10 Longsword   (+5) Barous Bloodbane Attacks: Bear (Brown)! 10 Slashing   Dungeon Master (GM): a hit for 10! ok Ricardo   Xenia Locoster: I will cast Thunderwave and try to push the bear away from us   Barous Bloodbane: 23 | 23 Longsword   (+5) Barous Bloodbane Attacks: Bear (Brown)! 9 Slashing   Dungeon Master (GM): that is a hit   Xenia Locoster: DC15 Constitution   Save 9 Thunder Self (15-foot cube) Thunderwave   Dungeon Master (GM): Constitution Bear Ability:  15  |  4 the bear makes the save, and it was 9 damage with Barous' long sword   15 | 7 Rapier   (+5) Ulvall hits the bear! 11 Piercing   for 11 damage!   Dungeon Master (GM): that drops the bear!   Dungeon Master (GM): ricardo needs stabilized   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin uses his lay on hands between his to wounded companions   Xenia Locoster: 6 Healing Touch Cure Wounds   Dungeon Master (GM): ok 6 hp restored to Ricardo ok you make the rest of the trip up to the cottage without incident   Barous Bloodbane: was i wounded?   Dungeon Master (GM): only two of you got wounded, Ricardo was clawed and downed, Xenia was bit.   Dungeon Master (GM): Alee-onna’s cottage is located north-east of Kellee at the foot of a tall snowcapped mountain. A well-worn foot path leads to it from the Timori Road,   ok you guys approach the front door of the cottage what do you do?   Xenia Locoster: Do we see anything by the door?   Dungeon Master (GM): i'll clear it all up in the gaming summary!   Barous Bloodbane: kk all good   Dungeon Master (GM): just the path in front of it! You see a well, clothlines and apple trees around the place.   Xenia Locoster: Xenia will knock then   Dungeon Master (GM): and a wash bin   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Hey Alee Onle?"   Dungeon Master (GM): ok you knock and a voice answers   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "We came here to check on you, May we come in?"   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "Is that you Onela? Do you have any bread with you? said with melancholy"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Its Xenia and friends, We have good food for you"   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "Who are you?"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Under breath "Hope she likes the basket of food, we can give her rations as well.”   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "Xenia? I don't know a Xenia? why do you come here?"   Dungeon Master (GM): (the inn would have given you the usual supplies they bring Alee Onna)   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "We are travelers, we were told the sad devastating story of your love gone astray, I know that feeling, I can help you with it"
Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "My love gone astray? Whom have you talked to?"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Your dear friend, the sweet hearted Innkeeper (Insert name)"   17 | 9 PERSUASION  (5)   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "Oh, Aelswith? I see. Did anyone else say anything?"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Please Let us talk with you"   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "Did anyone else talk with you about me?"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "We have not talked with anyone else"   Dungeon Master (GM): [yes you have, you forgot about Onela!]   Xenia Locoster: 20 | 16 DECEPTION  (5)   Xenia Locoster: Hehe Shes trying to get her to let them in keep it between them   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "No one else said anything to you? Aelswith is well known in town, you could have just mentioned her."   Xenia Locoster: I dont recall Onela saying anything about Alee   Dungeon Master (GM): she did, at least that what the module tells me and yea she did mention her.   Rahfen: (she was the one who visits her and give her food. She told us about Alee Onna)   Alee Onna the Human Bard Opens the door a crack and sees the party and the familiar basket of food.   Xenia Locoster: I got a 20 on Deception can a common barfly beat that?   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "Oh ok, you all can come inside, (waves you all in)" One thing the module mentions is she would only let you in if something was mentioned   Xenia Locoster: Ah ok, got things missed up I thought it was the Innkeeper?   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "Nice of you all to bring me some food by why didn't Onela, come, is she alright?"   Rahfen K: (o_o) [hehe....]   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Shes fine, she just got to talking with one of our companions, I did not want to break them up so I offered to bring you the basket"   Dungeon Master (GM): ok, yea, checking on what was said at the inn, Aelswith mentions Alee Onna and so does Onela but the encounter mentions she only lets you in if Onela or something else is mentioned.   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "I see and thank you much for checking up on me" , "Sorry I don't have enough chairs for you all."   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "we have also come to find out about Elgin"   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "I am sorry that some of you will have to stand. The only company I normally have is Onela and …"   Says: "Elgin"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Looks around the place as she walks inside anything perhaps out of the ordinary?   Dungeon Master (GM): No, nothing is out of the ordinary; the place is spotless and neat.   Alee Onna the Human Bard You see her face overcome with rage   Says: "That bastard, that stupid bastard! I told him if he wasn’t careful, he’d end up like this! And what about me? He didn’t think about that, now did he?"   Alee Onna, buries her face in her hands and begins to weep.   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Hugs her "What do mean by ending up like this?   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin blicks at her outtburst and looks to xenia blinks   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Gives Barous a look and a nod   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "Ended up with Elgin gone, gone off into hiding."   Says: "I first met Elgin six years ago not long after I moved to Kellee."   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "What was it you wanted him to be careful about? Why is he hiding?"   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "He is hiding because the Reeve has him as a wanted man."   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Nods , says: "we need find him and bring him to justice any idea where he can be hiding?"   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "Elgin told me that if i ever needed a place to hide that I could go to his place."   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "where is that ?"
Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "I have a map, hold on, i will fetch it (goes to get map, comes back and places it on the round table.)"   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Says: "Alee, Why does the Reeve accuse him of a crime?"   Barous the Human (Vistani) Paladin Says: "i know not but law is law , its not our place to judge but if he is innocent then we will find that out as well"   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "He was the last known person with the victims."   Xenia the Tiefling Bard Sighs "Barous, now is not the time for your dogma"   Dungeon Master (GM): this might be the map   Alee Onna the Human Bard Says: "He had left for Candlestick Mountain the day before. No wait I have to start before that. Elgin, being my beau, used to bring me gifts when he’d come to see me. One day he gave me this bag of coins."   Alee, pats a leather sack hanging off her belt.   Barous Bloodbane: breaking here?   Rahfen K: Do we wanna hold the session here for now?   Xenia Locoster: (Sounds like Elgin is a Thief and Alee needs Anger Management hehe)   Dungeon Master (GM): we can, there is a long thing of text for what she says next so we can stop here and wait till next week for that.   Barous Bloodbane: sounds good   Dungeon Master (GM): alright then!   Rahfen K: Ok, thanks everyone for the session; had fun   Barous Bloodbane: have a great day guys see ya next week   Dungeon Master (GM): Please do not forget to comment on the play test session in the thread & Questionaire   Xenia Locoster: CYA next week   Dungeon Master (GM): Thank You all for Play Testing today!   Xenia Locoster: will do that later today   Dungeon Master (GM): Now I need to copy and convert this all for the 1e/2e game tomorrow! bye all!