Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The DnD 4E Character Sheet

Edited 1400238831
Not sure where the best place to put suggestions on improving a character sheets that are already posted - but my 2 cents on the current (awesome work BTW) DnD 4e character sheet: Do you think there should be a roll-able 3rd column in the attribute section that covers "attribute checks". Not that it happens often but there are instances where you may have to do a straight up strength check, and the "checks" are not equal to the "mods". Thoughts?
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
I am not aware of any official attribute checks, if you can point me to a WotC source (page and book will be fine) I will have a look and add them. I currently am trying as hard as possible to only support the actual rules. It should be pointed out that even I dont use this sheet, I have edited it to use the ton of home brew rules my campaign uses, this is my personal opinion as to how sheets should be handled, I will not intentionally add functionality for home brew rules but I will not prevent side effects that let you implement home brew rules, I feel this is what the custom option is for and its not like the source isnt publicaly availible for you to copy and edit.

Edited 1400366882
Ability checks are an official thing, Page 26 of PHB1. Edit: What else do you have planned for the Official D&D4E Sheet?
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Jarret B. said: What else do you have planned for the Official D&D4E Sheet? No what exactly does it need?
One quick fix for the sheet, currently the damage for the Basic Attack workspace is being calculated with half-level added as you are setting the mba-mod, and equivalent variables for each attack type, to *-mod-level. If you simply add @{halflevel} it would be simpler. Also, although it isn't on the basic sheet, I added an armor check penalty under the skills that modifies all of the str/dex/con skills. Pretty simple edit that makes the sheet much easier to use. Not saying that you should necessarily add it to the default, but at the very least something to keep in mind for other DMs if they wish to modify it.

Edited 1400500413
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Martin W. said: One quick fix for the sheet, currently the damage for the Basic Attack workspace is being calculated with half-level added as you are setting the mba-mod, and equivalent variables for each attack type, to *-mod-level. If you simply add @{halflevel} it would be simpler. Also, although it isn't on the basic sheet, I added an armor check penalty under the skills that modifies all of the str/dex/con skills. Pretty simple edit that makes the sheet much easier to use. Not saying that you should necessarily add it to the default, but at the very least something to keep in mind for other DMs if they wish to modify it. I left the box for skills as a misc, i don't think it really needs more than that, as for the Basic attacks i noticed that yesterday and the fix is up on my fork at this time. Does anyone have any other sugestions before i push to the main repo?

Edited 1400642253
Lets see, inventory space, ability mod box for defenses? Edit: Did you look at page 26 of PHB1?

Edited 1400655389
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Pull Request just in, ability box for defenses (settings down at the bottom), Ability rolls, and an Inventory. Also added a basic macro builder.
Awesome, Thanks Alex!
Awesome. Can't believe I forgot it, what about an equipment section too? Like with all of the slots. Thanks for the update though!
making an ability check in 4E uses the ability mod + 1/2 level. so, a 4th level fighter with an 18 STR would use 4+2 = 6 for a Strength check mod most of the checks in the game (ability, attacks, skills) use the ability mod and 1/2 level. also used in Defense calculations and Initiative. it is not used in Damage.
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Jasen said: making an ability check in 4E uses the ability mod + 1/2 level. so, a 4th level fighter with an 18 STR would use 4+2 = 6 for a Strength check mod most of the checks in the game (ability, attacks, skills) use the ability mod and 1/2 level. also used in Defense calculations and Initiative. it is not used in Damage. ... Thats great ... Good for you ... Jarret B. said: Awesome. Can't believe I forgot it, what about an equipment section too? Like with all of the slots. Thanks for the update though! I have added a Dropdown to the Inventory list, I don't feel there is any need to create any more clutter.
Hi Alex, Good work on the character sheet, it looks really good, I like how it almost feel like the right thing. I have a few suggestions for the powers section, I don't know if its possible, - you have the time, or anything else would be in the way to do it, regardless, I don't know where you'd want the suggestions posted so I hope this thread is okey. #1 Suggestion: Would it be possibly to make the additional information for powers "collapse", so one would only see the same amount of lines as for "melee, ranged and implement"?.. (one line, and when pushing "edit" it would open the other fields, ). Reasoning: The reason is that when I've added 7 skills, one has to scroll quite a bit to get to the actual ability, and the actual "Roll" button for that skill. #2 Suggestion: I could see the "-initiativeCheck" button turn up on the "Token" this is such a cool feature , Would it be possible to perhaps have all the abilities added under "Powers" show up when selecting a character. I Don't know if this can be made "Dynamic" but could be awesome if possible. Reasoning: well having skills right at hand and on the character without having to locate the character sheet every time would be nice. #3 Suggestion: There are some informations like "Racials" (like Feats), "Languages" (textbox) and "Class / Path / Destiny Features" (like Feats) and other abilities, would it be possibly to add these as well? Reasoning: These abilities usually influence the game and would be important information to have.- #4 Suggestion: Color the Daily, Utility, At-will, Encounter abilities, like in the books, to keep it aligned.- I did some testing to see if it would clutter the overview, if done right I don't think it will clutter up the sheet to much. Reasoning. it would just make it easier to find, particually when looking in the books #5 Suggestions: The "Power Hit" , "Power effect" and "Miss" - fields are they meant to be free text or are they able to accommodate a macro function? Reasoning: I'm thinking about this as some Powers have a "trigger" ability, that goes into effect when the power hits, crits or misses... Anyway , keep it up, it looks really good. //Lucas
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Lukas M. said: Hi Alex, Good work on the character sheet, it looks really good, I like how it almost feel like the right thing. I have a few suggestions for the powers section, I don't know if its possible, - you have the time, or anything else would be in the way to do it, regardless, I don't know where you'd want the suggestions posted so I hope this thread is okey. #1 Suggestion: Would it be possibly to make the additional information for powers "collapse", so one would only see the same amount of lines as for "melee, ranged and implement"?.. (one line, and when pushing "edit" it would open the other fields, ). Reasoning: The reason is that when I've added 7 skills, one has to scroll quite a bit to get to the actual ability, and the actual "Roll" button for that skill. #2 Suggestion: I could see the "-initiativeCheck" button turn up on the "Token" this is such a cool feature , Would it be possible to perhaps have all the abilities added under "Powers" show up when selecting a character. I Don't know if this can be made "Dynamic" but could be awesome if possible. Reasoning: well having skills right at hand and on the character without having to locate the character sheet every time would be nice. #3 Suggestion: There are some informations like "Racials" (like Feats), "Languages" (textbox) and "Class / Path / Destiny Features" (like Feats) and other abilities, would it be possibly to add these as well? Reasoning: These abilities usually influence the game and would be important information to have.- #4 Suggestion: Color the Daily, Utility, At-will, Encounter abilities, like in the books, to keep it aligned.- I did some testing to see if it would clutter the overview, if done right I don't think it will clutter up the sheet to much. Reasoning. it would just make it easier to find, particually when looking in the books #5 Suggestions: The "Power Hit" , "Power effect" and "Miss" - fields are they meant to be free text or are they able to accommodate a macro function? Reasoning: I'm thinking about this as some Powers have a "trigger" ability, that goes into effect when the power hits, crits or misses... Anyway , keep it up, it looks really good. //Lucas 1. Can't 2. Can't 3. Just use the Feat boxes ..... 4. Can't 5. They are free text.

Edited 1401210029
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alex L. said: Lukas M. said: #1 Suggestion: Would it be possibly to make the additional information for powers "collapse", so one would only see the same amount of lines as for "melee, ranged and implement"?.. (one line, and when pushing "edit" it would open the other fields, ). #4 Suggestion: Color the Daily, Utility, At-will, Encounter abilities, like in the books, to keep it aligned.- I did some testing to see if it would clutter the overview, if done right I don't think it will clutter up the sheet to much. 1. Can't 4. Can't 1. Challenge accepted! (... when I eventually get free time =/) 4. I have, during the course of the character sheet development cycle, written a jsfiddle which simulated a select element using a set of radio buttons. This would then make the recoloring possible. Of course, making all of it look presentable would be a pain in the butt, but it's within the realm of possibility. (I'd still rather do it with JS, or the next version of CSS, but the former isn't allowed on character sheets and the latter isn't supported by browsers yet.) Also: Considering 4e characters have a finite number of non-item powers, it might be worthwhile to consider having the powers hardcoded in rather than part of a repeating section; if we could come up with a means to only display the power following the last filled-in one, then it would be a matter of determining what the maximum number of powers on a character are. Then the powers data would be more accessible.

Edited 1401210558
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Brian said: Alex L. said: Lukas M. said: #1 Suggestion: Would it be possibly to make the additional information for powers "collapse", so one would only see the same amount of lines as for "melee, ranged and implement"?.. (one line, and when pushing "edit" it would open the other fields, ). #4 Suggestion: Color the Daily, Utility, At-will, Encounter abilities, like in the books, to keep it aligned.- I did some testing to see if it would clutter the overview, if done right I don't think it will clutter up the sheet to much. 1. Can't 4. Can't 1. Challenge accepted! (... when I eventually get free time =/) 4. I have, during the course of the character sheet development cycle, written a jsfiddle which simulated a select element using a set of radio buttons. This would then make the recoloring possible. Of course, making all of it look presentable would be a pain in the butt, but it's within the realm of possibility. (I'd still rather do it with JS, or the next version of CSS, but the former isn't allowed on character sheets and the latter isn't supported by browsers yet.) Also: Considering 4e characters have a finite number of non-item powers, it might be worthwhile to consider having the powers hardcoded in rather than part of a repeating section; if we could come up with a means to only display the power following the last filled-in one, then it would be a matter of determining what the maximum number of powers on a character are. Then the powers data would be more accessible. Yes 1, and 4 would only work if i took the powers out of repeating sections. You are correct i may look at that before tomorow.

Edited 1401217307
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't think #1 would require removing the repeating section. You should be able to do it with a stylized checkbox (or possibly pair of radio buttons) and some CSS wizardry. Edit: Here's a basic example of what I'm talking about. The checkbox isn't being styled, but you could, for example, replace the checkbox with a left-pointing arrow while checked and a down-pointing arrow while unchecked. The Exalted 2e sheet and the WoD sheets have styled radio/checkboxes without nesting them inside other elements (important!) as an example. So long as you can get a radio or checkbox as a sibling to the element(s) you want to show/hide, you can use the :checked property to do it.

Edited 1401280532
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Brian said: I don't think #1 would require removing the repeating section. You should be able to do it with a stylized checkbox (or possibly pair of radio buttons) and some CSS wizardry. Edit: Here's a basic example of what I'm talking about. The checkbox isn't being styled, but you could, for example, replace the checkbox with a left-pointing arrow while checked and a down-pointing arrow while unchecked. The Exalted 2e sheet and the WoD sheets have styled radio/checkboxes without nesting them inside other elements (important!) as an example. So long as you can get a radio or checkbox as a sibling to the element(s) you want to show/hide, you can use the :checked property to do it. Yes but then you are stuck with ugly looking check boxes all over the place. Also just so you know you can't reliably style check boxes or radio buttons, the styles wont work in firefox.
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Alex L. said: Yes but then you are stuck with ugly looking check boxes all over the place. Yeah, but it works, and that's what ultimately matters.

Edited 1401300376
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alex L. said: Brian said: I don't think #1 would require removing the repeating section. You should be able to do it with a stylized checkbox (or possibly pair of radio buttons) and some CSS wizardry. Edit: Here's a basic example of what I'm talking about. The checkbox isn't being styled, but you could, for example, replace the checkbox with a left-pointing arrow while checked and a down-pointing arrow while unchecked. The Exalted 2e sheet and the WoD sheets have styled radio/checkboxes without nesting them inside other elements (important!) as an example. So long as you can get a radio or checkbox as a sibling to the element(s) you want to show/hide, you can use the :checked property to do it. Yes but then you are stuck with ugly looking check boxes all over the place. Also just so you know you can't reliably style check boxes or radio buttons, the styles wont work in firefox. You can't style checkboxes and radio buttons very well, that's true. What you can do (and what the Exalted/WoD sheets are doing) is make the checkbox/radio button translucent (opacity: 0), and put a styled element underneath it; I use span::before. Here's a minimal example of how it's accomplished. The dots on the radio buttons in the example are a little misaligned in Firefox, but the styling works just fine. Instead of putting a rounded rectangle underneath the invisible checkbox, you could put a right arrow or down arrow. An ugly example, by changing 2 lines and adding 3 to the previous one. Change the "v" and ">" to a pair of arrow images, and suddenly it would look pretty darn nice. (I don't know if the limitations on the character sheets would support it, but it'd be pretty cool if you could include some CSS animation on the transition, too. I don't have experience with CSS's animation stuff, though, and it may be that the syntax required is forbidden.)
Brian, you sir, should run for president.
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Lukas M. said: Hi Alex, Good work on the character sheet, it looks really good, I like how it almost feel like the right thing. I have a few suggestions for the powers section, I don't know if its possible, - you have the time, or anything else would be in the way to do it, regardless, I don't know where you'd want the suggestions posted so I hope this thread is okey. #1 Suggestion: Would it be possibly to make the additional information for powers "collapse", so one would only see the same amount of lines as for "melee, ranged and implement"?.. (one line, and when pushing "edit" it would open the other fields, ). Reasoning: The reason is that when I've added 7 skills, one has to scroll quite a bit to get to the actual ability, and the actual "Roll" button for that skill. #2 Suggestion: I could see the "-initiativeCheck" button turn up on the "Token" this is such a cool feature , Would it be possible to perhaps have all the abilities added under "Powers" show up when selecting a character. I Don't know if this can be made "Dynamic" but could be awesome if possible. Reasoning: well having skills right at hand and on the character without having to locate the character sheet every time would be nice. #3 Suggestion: There are some informations like "Racials" (like Feats), "Languages" (textbox) and "Class / Path / Destiny Features" (like Feats) and other abilities, would it be possibly to add these as well? Reasoning: These abilities usually influence the game and would be important information to have.- #4 Suggestion: Color the Daily, Utility, At-will, Encounter abilities, like in the books, to keep it aligned.- I did some testing to see if it would clutter the overview, if done right I don't think it will clutter up the sheet to much. Reasoning. it would just make it easier to find, particually when looking in the books #5 Suggestions: The "Power Hit" , "Power effect" and "Miss" - fields are they meant to be free text or are they able to accommodate a macro function? Reasoning: I'm thinking about this as some Powers have a "trigger" ability, that goes into effect when the power hits, crits or misses... Anyway , keep it up, it looks really good. //Lucas Ok quick update, just put in a pull request. 1. Done thanks to Brian, although i hate the way it has to be done. 2. Still can't be done unless i put a static amount of powers. 3. Still just use the feats box. 4. Done again thanks to Brian and again in the most Hacky way posible. 5. Removed completely. As always all my stuff is up on my fork at <a href="https://github.com/pigalot/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/pigalot/roll20-character-sheets</a>
Thanks for looking into my suggestions. 1. It all looks fairly well actually, I can see the change from Brian, and it does looks a little "messy" but it's not as bad as it could have been. 2. Fair enough, one can hope that it'll be possible somehow in the future :) 3. I've added my own boxes to look a bit more like the one we use for the table top. <a href="http://dnd4.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/charact" rel="nofollow">http://dnd4.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/charact</a>... 4. Love it, and keeping the "used" button is great. 5. Thanks a bunch, Now I can just hope that "power cards" and such will be available at some point :D //Lucas

Edited 1401393218
Heya Alex! A few things! First, I just wanted to take a moment to harp on how absolutely amazing this sheet is. It's freaking incredible. It's all very clean, very functional. My 2 groups that I DM for are absolutely in love with it, and it's going to save us a crazy amount of time! I do also have a few suggestions for you- not sure if they're possible or not. 1) Could you add a slot for an offhand weapon? I have a ranger that fights with two weapons. I added a few custom attributes to cover it, but it would be nice to have the automatic calculations and such that comes with having a weapon on the main sheet. As this is fairly common and well within the standard rules, I think it should definitely be considered. 2) I don't have any specific suggestions for this, but it would be nice if there were an easy way to have a power work for both ranged and melee- like two different roll buttons stacked together? You could obviously just add the skill twice- once for ranged and once for melee- but that feels like a fair bit of clutter. 3) On the same note, it would be nice to have just a tiny bit more info viewable on powers that are collapsed. Specifically, whether it's melee or ranged and what type of action it requires (Standard/Minor/Move/Free) in a dropdown menu. These would help speed up the game with a quick glance. 4) In the subsection to choose which defense a power goes against, you have a small bug: Reflex is listed twice and Fortitude isn't listed. 5) It'd be nice to have a spot for Inventory items where you could add descriptions of the item (e.g. what the item does, any powers it grants, etc). I know you could technically add this to the feats column, but that's going to get *very* cluttered when you're adding potentially 15 equipped items to it as well as a dozen feats. 6) Someone may have noted this, but having a specific box for armor penalties for skill checks might be nice in all of the Con, Str, and Dex skills. 7) It seems like with your updated layout it would make sense for the feats section to be as wide as the sheet, instead of half width. Thanks in advance for your consideration, and from my group to you- thank you so much for what you're doing. -Dungeon Master Drake -Rothmir -Sebastian -Senna -Milo -Estell/Dovdak -Caiiden -Lanius P.S. The new colored power section is really, really, really great and wayyyyy more fluid than the old style. Love it!
Oh, another small bug I noticed- you have "Defense" spelled two different ways on the sheet. It's "Defence" at the top, and in the bottom under "settings" where you choose which ability to use for each defense, it's spelled "Defenses." Both are technically correct, but in the interest of standardization you might wanna change both to be the same.
Came here to report Drake's #4 from above. I think the first Reflex is suppose to be Fortitude, and the second is for Reflex. Should be easy enough to fix. Any chance that the Defense and Ability pull-downs can be switched to more closely match the power cards? "Attack: Dexterity vs. Fortitude"
Is there a key to field names so we can write our own macros? I'm triyng to add a Revitalizing Charge card using the following macro... /me uses @{power-name} /@{character-name} gains @{strength-mod} hit points I am a macro novice...

Edited 1401445688
More suggestions after filling out a few of these for a 5 different types of characters. Sorry to bombard you with a bunch of suggestions,hope it doesn't make you feel like the stuff you've done is not appreciated cause it very much is! Possible minor tweeking: 1. +1 on the feat column being 2 columns ( with racial and class feats it gets pretty long). Also may some color/option/formatting to differentiate between RACIAL - CLASS - FEATS 2. Leave the feat column so, and add a block/column for background/Theme/Paragon/Epic/Campaign notes? 3. Currency - was the intention just to add it as an inventory item? it may look neato at the end of the inventory to have a few little blocks for: PP: [ 12] GP: [ 324] SP: [ 92] CP: [ 87] 4. @Drake #6 Skill check penalties - negative modifiers work in the misc box but yes, +1 to having a seperate box for ease of use would be nice. 5. Adjacent to the "Additional Effects for Spending Action Points" box add a "Languages" box 6. Lastly - the colors for the powers daily/Encounter/at-will don't seem to be very stable - often times when i have all the correct colors selected, click the "done" on modifying button, then go to look at the first page of the character sheet (pic/token page) edit it, save it, then go back to the character sheet proper, all my colors are scrambled. ok thats it - CAVEAT - the character sheet is just fine as is and please feel free to forget everything i just mentioned :-D
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I noticed that all of the delete buttons for the powers are in the same spot, making it impossible to tell which power you'd be deleting (although I suspect it would always be the last one; haven't tried). Not sure what CSS is causing that, nor whether it would be an easy fix, but it doesn't seem good. That said, characters rarely lose powers, more often replacing them.
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Brian said: I noticed that all of the delete buttons for the powers are in the same spot, making it impossible to tell which power you'd be deleting (although I suspect it would always be the last one; haven't tried). Not sure what CSS is causing that, nor whether it would be an easy fix, but it doesn't seem good. That said, characters rarely lose powers, more often replacing them. I haven't found a way yet. I will have a look at these sugestions at a later date.

Edited 1401546257
Jason M.
Sheet Author
Great work on the sheet! I was amazed to see the power cards being implemented as well. A couple of minor items that I have found have already been identified in posts above (2 ref for power def stats instead of fort, and being able to roll with stat mods as opposed to stat mods +1/2 level). I am a little confused about the bigger picture around spell casters and power cards. The powers seem to want to use melee or ranged base damage, but caster spells with implements aren't based on weapon damage. Do I just need to remove the attribute/ability calls, and just input the base dice? Again, amazing work on these!

Edited 1401569152
First off, awesome job on the sheets. My players and I are loving it, however I have an issue that may actually be a user error of some kind. This is related to clicking the check boxes for "At-Will", "Encounter", and "Daily" to make them color code. This works initially, however when I close out the sheet and re-open it, the change disappears (they all appear grey). I really like the coloring so that you can quickly distinguish the types of powers. P.S. I'm using Google Chrome to run Roll20. PS#2. I found another issue with the powers section. When changing "Melee" to "ranged" or "Implement" in the weapon tab, the macro doesn't change. Simply replacing all of the "melee" with "ranged" or "implement" fixes it. Otherwise you are using all of the dice rolls and bonuses from your melee weapon. Would it be possible to have fillable dice boxes for each power instead of making a generic melee, range, and implement set of boxes? I ask because many abilities for arcane and divine classes have different dice. A wizard's Scorching Burst deals 1d6 whereas Phantom Bolt deals 1d8. Again, the fix for me is simple (manually replace the macro text so that it rolls 1d6, 1d8 etc) but it would be nice to have it all pre-programmed to make the macro for you.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jeremiah, for the repeating section of powers, this appears to be a bug with the system, not the sheet. Although, inspecting the HTML, it looks like there is a bug for the color selector on the Melee Basic Attack and Ranged Basic Attack (the names don't begin with "attr_"), it shouldn't really be a problem in practice since both ought to always be At-Will anyway.
Brian, yeah the basic attacks stay green no matter what, but the other powers now remain grey no matter what I do. Hopefully there is a fix to the system? I also added more to my previous comment: "PS#2. I found another issue with the powers section. When changing "Melee" to "ranged" or "Implement" in the weapon tab, the macro doesn't change. Simply replacing all of the "melee" with "ranged" or "implement" fixes it. Otherwise you are using all of the dice rolls and bonuses from your melee weapon. Would it be possible to have fillable dice boxes for each power instead of making a generic melee, range, and implement set of boxes? I ask because many abilities for arcane and divine classes have different dice. A wizard's Scorching Burst deals 1d6 whereas Phantom Bolt deals 1d8. Again, the fix for me is simple (manually replace the macro text so that it rolls 1d6, 1d8 etc) but it would be nice to have it all pre-programmed to make the macro for you"
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
I will just make this clear, the powers will never be anything more than fancy macro boxes, as I had complaints the second I tried to make them anything else, I will put some examples but you will just have to work things out for your self. If you had problems with macros before it will be no different for these powers. I have fixed most of the bugs listed and I will be making the powers static, there will be 100 of them and anyone who manages to make a character with more powers than that can make a custom sheet. I am doing this because i played my first game on Friday and I hate not having my token actions. Also expect inconsistent spelling as i am trying to use the American spelling as that is what WotC use but everything in my bones tells me to spell them correctly :P If it bugs you just check out the code and correct it your self.
Thank you for your hard work Alex. I know everyone bugs you for additions and fixes but I appreciate the efforts you put in for your group and everyone else in this community. I have learn't quite a bit from looking at your work. and can see the effort put in to make it simple enough for people to understand aswell :).
Like everyone else, I love this sheet. Here are the suggestions I have to make it even better. 1. AC appears to use Intelligence or Dexterity modifier bonus at all times. According to PHB p. 30, this bonus is only granted when wearing light or no armor. Also, Wardens (PHB2 p. 153) can use Constitution instead of Int or Dex. Other classes may have similar options. The ability to choose any Ability or none at all would be nice. 2. The ability to modify pre-calculated fields. My player's characters have feats, items, etc. that cause unusual values to be used in certain circumstances. For example, my warlord has a Belt of Vigor (PHB p. 253) that increases his healing surge value beyond the norm. 3. The ability to choose what Ability is used for Initiative. My Invoker has the Battlewise feat (Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms p. 310) that allows him to use Wisdom instead of Dex when rolling initiative. I've made a workaround where I set his init-mod to subtract his Dexterity modifier from the roll and then add his Wisdom modifier, but that is a total hack job. 4. It has already been mentioned, but I wanted to clarify. There are two "Ref" options and no "Fort" option in the drop down box when choosing a target defense. However, if you select the first "Ref", the macro displays "vs. Fort" and the second Ref macro displays "vs. Ref". Thank you for what I am sure is very hard/time-consuming work have put into this character sheet. I love what you've done here.
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok i just put a Pull Request in will all the fixes. This will make Powers totally static (there are 100 of them) this makes things a little difficult when programing the macro but lets you use them as token actions.
As of today I seems that inventory is calculating incorrectly. The total weight and value shown for sequential rows beyond only return the weight and values of the first cell. I have tested this in multiple campaigns. I wonder if something changed today? Its only doing it for this specific repeating field. I can't seem to find this in anything else.
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Saevar L. said: As of today I seems that inventory is calculating incorrectly. The total weight and value shown for sequential rows beyond only return the weight and values of the first cell. I have tested this in multiple campaigns. I wonder if something changed today? Its only doing it for this specific repeating field. I can't seem to find this in anything else. Not even going to look at it yet, thats a old virson you are using and i have made a lot of changes.
I was using the one given by the pre-defined sheet. Meh.

Edited 1401744345
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Saevar L. said: I was using the one given by the pre-defined sheet. Meh. and if you read the post above yours you will see the post i made stating that i have fixed bugs and am waiting on Riley to accept the pull request.
Hey I was helping one of my players create his character sheet today and I noticed a bug in the powers section. In the box labeled attack, there is no number there. A couple days ago when I was making some character sheets it was working. The attack box was calculating the bonus to the attack roll just fine but now it is blank for any power that isn't the melee or ranged basic attack. I tried typing in the correct number in the attack bonus box to correct this but that number is ignored when I roll for that power. The powers also ignore the ability modifier when calculating damage as well. I'm using the firefox browser and was wondering if this is just happening in my campaign or if other people are having this issue. Any help or information on this would be appreciated!
Alex L. said: Saevar L. said: I was using the one given by the pre-defined sheet. Meh. and if you read the post above yours you will see the post i made stating that i have fixed bugs and am waiting on Riley to accept the pull request. In fact no. I appreciate the efforts done by you, but being a snob about me pointing out an issue that might not of been dealt with was all I was doing. I read all the posts. I searched for any similar complaint before posting, I saw you were waiting for Riley to put it up, regardless I was only bug reporting. So dude? Pipe down the attitude of treating others here like they are lesser then you JUST because you contributed something awesome kay? thanks.

Edited 1401759091
Hi, I'm messing around with your HTML to try and do some home rules for my campaign. One of my rules is that depending on the situation, different ability scores can be used for the same skill ie strength for intimidation, intelligence for insight (just for an example). Is there an easy way to do this? I don't have much HTML experience, but I've been piecing stuff together from your code. This is what I've tried, to no success: &lt;input type="number" name="attr_nature" value="(@?{{ability}-mod-level}+@{nature-trained}*5)+@{nature-misc}" disabled = "true"/&gt; I've also been trying to automate the power cards to work with HoneyBadger's script, with some success: &lt;div&gt;&lt;/div&gt; &lt;input type="checkbox" checked&gt; &lt;label&gt;Settings&lt;/label&gt; &lt;div&gt;&lt;/div&gt; &lt;input type="radio" name="attr_power-usage" value="At-Will" checked/&gt;&lt;label&gt;At-Will&lt;/label&gt; &lt;input type="radio" name="attr_power-usage" value="Encounter"/&gt;&lt;label&gt;Encounter&lt;/label&gt; &lt;input type="radio" name="attr_power-usage" value="Daily" /&gt;&lt;label&gt;Daily&lt;/label&gt; &lt;div&gt;&lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt;&lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;label&gt;Defence&lt;/label&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;label&gt;Ability&lt;/label&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;label&gt;Weapon&lt;/label&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;select name="attr_power-def"&gt; &lt;option value="AC" selected="selected"&gt;AC&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="Fort"&gt;Ref&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="Ref"&gt;Ref&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="Will"&gt;Will&lt;/option&gt; &lt;/select&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;select name="attr_power-mod"&gt; &lt;option value="@{strength-mod}" selected="selected"&gt;Strength&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{constitution-mod}"&gt;Constitution&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{dexterity-mod}"&gt;Dexterity&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{intelligence-mod}"&gt;Intelligence&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{wisdom-mod}"&gt;Wisdom&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{charisma-mod}"&gt;Charisma&lt;/option&gt; &lt;/select&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;select name="attr_power-weapon"&gt; &lt;option value="@{melee-com}" selected="selected"&gt;Melee&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{ranged-com}"&gt;Ranged&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{implement-com}"&gt;Implement&lt;/option&gt; &lt;/select&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;label&gt;Attack Bonus&lt;/label&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;label&gt;Attack&lt;/label&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;label&gt;Action&lt;/label&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;input type="number" name="attr_power-misc" value="0"/&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;input type="number" name="attr_power-tohit" value="@{halflevel}+@{power-mod}+@{power-weapon}+@{power-misc}" disabled="true"/&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;select name="attr_power-action"&gt; &lt;option value="Standard Action" selected="selected"&gt;Standard Action&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="Minor Action"&gt;Minor Action&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="Move Action"&gt;Move Action&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="Free Action"&gt;Free Action&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="No Action"&gt;No Action&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="Immediate Interrupt"&gt;Immediate Interrupt&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="Immediate Reaction"&gt;Immediate Reaction&lt;/option&gt; &lt;/select&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;label&gt;Power Macro&lt;/label&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;textarea name="attr_power-macro"&gt; !power --format|dnd4e --name|@{power-name} --title|@{class} Power @{power-level} --usage|@{power-usage} [[1d20+@{power-tohit}]] vs @{power-def} [[(1*@{melee-num-dice})d@{melee-dice}+(@{power-mod}+@{melee-enh})]] Damage &lt;/textarea&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/fieldset&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt;
Yipes. I think i'll wait until a few weeks to start using Roll20 sheets again. Just had all of the powers wiped clean with the new changes. Really looking forward to the finished product and keep up the good work!

Edited 1401762807
Did his new pull just go through? Edit: Welp, that's certainly different looking.

Edited 1401771347
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Love the update, even if I have to re-do my powers. The Power Action dropdown needs Immediate Interrupt, Immediate Reaction, and Opportunity Action, though. The total value/weight in the inventory seems to only be pulling from the first row, but that's probably either an issue with the system, or possibly the fact that the list is full of old values (pre-update). Those calculated fields aren't a big deal for me, so I'm not worrying too much, but I figured it should be reported. Finally, there's a textarea on each inventory item without a name, so it won't save anything... what's that supposed to be?
Great job on the update.

Edited 1401815956
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Brian said: Love the update, even if I have to re-do my powers. The Power Action dropdown needs Immediate Interrupt, Immediate Reaction, and Opportunity Action, though. Fixed The total value/weight in the inventory seems to only be pulling from the first row, but that's probably either an issue with the system, or possibly the fact that the list is full of old values (pre-update). Those calculated fields aren't a big deal for me, so I'm not worrying too much, but I figured it should be reported. Bug in roll20, I have reported it. Riley just fixed it. Finally, there's a textarea on each inventory item without a name, so it won't save anything... what's that supposed to be? Its a misc info box, it should save now. @Everyone: I have put in a pull request with the changes, when its updated you will see a version number at the bottom of the sheet. Please do not post any more bug reports until you have confirmed it is in the new version, I don't enjoy wasting my time looking through code trying to find bugs I have already fixed. Pull request has passed, all current know bugs should be fixed.