Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How To Roll Chance+Rote in Chronicles of Darkness?

Edited 1587390125
The rules for rolling a chance die with the rote quality in Chronicles of Darkness are: 1: Dramatic Failure, no rerolls 2-7: Reroll once, keeping the new result 8-9: Failure, no rerolls 10: Success, no rerolls  I can't figure out how to make the Roll20 dice roller do the above properly.  The following two are my best guesses, and from how I understand the wiki they should (?) work: {{result=[[{1d10cf<1ro2ro3ro4ro5ro6ro7cs>10}>10]]}} {{result=[[{1d10cf<1ro=2ro=3ro=4ro=5ro=6ro=7cs>10}>10]]}} ... but I get the following error when I try: SyntaxError: Expected "!!", "!", "cf", "cs", "d", "k", "m", "mt", "r", "ro", "s", [0-9] or [>|<|=] but "o" found. I've also tried these, which don't cause a syntax error, but don't result in the desired behaviour: {{result=[[{1d10cf<1ro>2ro<7cs>10}>10]]}} {{result=[[{1d10cf<1ro>2<7cs>10}>10]]}} {{result=[[{1d10cf<1ro234567cs>10}>10]]}} Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated! (Regarding the official Roll20 Chronicles of Darkness sheet --- there are a few errors in how it rolls dice, at least in terms of 2nd edition.  Once I figure this one out, I'll post to the sheet authors so they can update the sheet)

Edited 1587392982
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks like the ro option doesnt support doing this: 1d10ro2ro3 It only works if there is just one ro in the dice expression.   The only way you'd be able to do this is with an API script. As an alternative you could create a macro for the roll, and include a button to roll that macro - when players roll 2-7 they can manually reroll it, just as they would at the table. Or you could do ro<7, and manually look at the dice rolled, if the first roll is a 1, ignore it. But thats tricky with inline rolls.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As an aside, that's a very weird roll.