Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 Developer Account type

Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey Roll20 I am a developer who likes to work on the community sheets. However in order to test my code I need the feature 'Custom Character Sheets', before I can upload my code to Roll20, and check that everything runs smoothly. In order to get this feature I need to be a Pro member, as it is the only account type that has access to the Custom Character Sheets features. Therefore I suggest a new account type: Developer The only perk of being an Developer would be the access of the 'Custom Character Sheets' feature. For me personally I have no need for any of the other features. I don't DM, and I haven't gotten into the API yet. I just need to be able to upload my code and test that it works
I would love this. I'm pro ATM specifically to work on a sheet, and plan on unsubbing after this month. It'd be great if I could keep testing new features for the sheet even into the future. If all we'd have access to is the custom sheet sandbox, this doesn't seem like it'd need to be a paid feature; we wouldn't be getting any benefit in-game, just the ability to expand the platform for everyone.
Loki
Sheet Author
Hi, I think the  Suggestion Forum  would be the right place for this. Personally I think it's ridiculous to make developers pay money in order to create something that benefits the community and also costs them a significant amount of time creating it. Therefore I'd like to see something like a developer account like you suggested being implemented.

Edited 1587461890
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The is a Suggestion that is essentially this. Please go vote & comment in the thread :D Allow Sheet Authors to make Custom sheets I agree with everyone here, and in the linked thread I've even described in a couple of ways how this might be possible to implement, in a way that the ability couldn't be used for other things. With the fairly recent Sheet Sandbox type of game, people with the "Sheet Developer"-account could for example have access to the Sheet Sandbox thing, while not being able to use custom sheets in their own games. Or alternatively they could creates limited "test" games with using custom sheets, but it would be limited to max 2 players to prevent it from being used in games in general.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Loki said: Hi, I think the  Suggestion Forum  would be the right place for this. Personally I think it's ridiculous to make developers pay money in order to create something that benefits the community and also costs them a significant amount of time creating it. Therefore I'd like to see something like a developer account like you suggested being implemented. Thanks for the heads up. I tried to go to the suggestion forum, but in order to create a post there you need some voting points, and to get voting points I need to pay for a larger subscription. This it kinda makes a loop of needs :)

Edited 1587475085
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Andreas J. said: The is a Suggestion that is essentially this. Please go vote & comment in the thread :D Allow Sheet Authors to make Custom sheets I agree with everyone here, and in the linked thread I've even described in a couple of ways how this might be possible to implement, in a way that the ability couldn't be used for other things. With the fairly recent Sheet Sandbox type of game, people with the "Sheet Developer"-account could for example have access to the Sheet Sandbox thing, while not being able to use custom sheets in their own games. Or alternatively they could creates limited "test" games with using custom sheets, but it would be limited to max 2 players to prevent it from being used in games in general. Thanks a lot for the link! I have no vote so I cannot post. I have to pay before I can suggest a lower pay... I hope something will come of it in the future!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Peter Bjerg M. said: Thanks a lot for the link! I have no vote so I cannot post. I have to pay before I can suggest a lower pay... I hope something will come of it in the future! Are you sure you can't post in the thread? I thought voting was completely separate from the ability to post in the threads
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andreas J. said: With the fairly recent Sheet Sandbox type of game, people with the "Sheet Developer"-account could for example have access to the Sheet Sandbox thing, while not being able to use custom sheets in their own games. Or alternatively they could creates limited "test" games with using custom sheets, but it would be limited to max 2 players to prevent it from being used in games in general. This is a great suggestion. I'd go further: everyone could be given a single sheet sandbox per account. You can't use it to play games, but it would enable anyone to create or edit sheets and test them.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Peter Bjerg M. said: I tried to go to the suggestion forum, but in order to create a post there you need some voting points, and to get voting points I need to pay for a larger subscription. This it kinda makes a loop of needs :) Everyone can vote...you just need to wait a year for the point to show up...even paid subscribers only accrue one per year, but a paid sub does provide access to a few more as well.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Finderski said: Peter Bjerg M. said: I tried to go to the suggestion forum, but in order to create a post there you need some voting points, and to get voting points I need to pay for a larger subscription. This it kinda makes a loop of needs :) Everyone can vote...you just need to wait a year for the point to show up...even paid subscribers only accrue one per year, but a paid sub does provide access to a few more as well. Wow.... one point per year? Okay that's why then. I have only been here 15 weeks :P But really... one point a year... that is really slow xD
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
It's to prevent people from making numerous accounts and upvoting their own recommendations.