Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token size

i created a custom monster that is above average size , how do i get the token to stay that size when i drop it on to the map ? i tried changing the token size to 2 the same as a sphinx , witch is where i want it , but it wont stay there ?
You set the token up in every way: naming, bars, lighting / vision and then save it as the default token for the sheet by removing the old token and clicking save as default under character sheet edit.

Edited 1587588388
Xax
Pro
i did all of that and it is not working at all  and i feel as if i need to say here i dont use the bars at all . and the only issue im having is with token size , this is a custom token and monster . 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For a token to retain any characteristics, it must be attached to a journal character. A raw graphic will always drop at 1x1 on the token layer, 3x3 on the map layer or at native resolution if dropped during an upload. To get the token size to stick once attached to a character 1. Size it properly and get every aspect of the token the way you want it. Then and only then... 2. Save it as the default token on a character sheet (click edit on the character journal, delete any existing token and choose the selected token as the new default. Those steps must  be taken in that order. Saving the default is akin to saving your work in a word processing document. Nothing you do to the token after that will affect the default. Note also to do all of this on a page whose grid is set to 1:1. No fiddling with the scale while setting up the default or you will get unexpected results after the drag.
Sorry to kind of hijack this thread, but this on topic, so I figured I'd ask here rather than making another thread: My character can change sizes from normal to large. Is there a way for me to do it and take some burden off the GM's shoulder or will it always be his? And is there an automatic way of changing the size from the character sheet? TIA
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It would require the API for a player to do it. If the game creator has a Pro subscription, then it is possible.
He's a Plus. I assume it's not enough, right?
Awesome not sure what the 1:1 thing means but i made a new default map and it worked thanks !
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I just meant messing with the scale of a page, specifically "Cell Width"
Gold
Forum Champion
Felipe C. said: He's a Plus. I assume it's not enough, right? Correct, API access is a perk of PRO level subscription, a step up in cost & features from PLUS subscription level.