Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Community Sheet + Variable Macro Help

Edited 1587807404
Hello. I am using Pathfinder Community Sheet. And below is the macro I'm using: /w gm &{template:pf_generic} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{?{Saves| Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|fort} ]] ]] | Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|ref} ]] ]] | Will, Will= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|will} ]] ]] }}} I would like to add the following snippet to the macro " + ?{Modifiers|0} ", but unfortunately for the life of me I just cannot figure where it goes. Any help regarding the matter would be highly appreciated! Also, what would be the snippet to also include the save notes from the character sheet using this method...? Edit Well, after hours of trying, I was able to come up with this code: /w gm &{template:pf_defense} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{save_notes=@{selected|Save-notes}}} {{?{Saves| Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20 + [[ @{selected|fort} ]] ]] | Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|ref} ]] ]] | Will, Will= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|will} ]] ]] } + [[ ?{Modifiers|0} ]] }} It works alright, but the input modifier prints as a separate field for the roll result. eg. 30 + 4, instead showing as 34. How do I get them to calculate together?

Edited 1587864256
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Memm said: Hello. I am using Pathfinder Community Sheet. And below is the macro I'm using: /w gm &{template:pf_generic} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{?{Saves| Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|fort} ]] ]] | Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|ref} ]] ]] | Will, Will= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|will} ]] ]] }}} I would like to add the following snippet to the macro " + ?{Modifiers|0} ", but unfortunately for the life of me I just cannot figure where it goes. Any help regarding the matter would be highly appreciated! Also, what would be the snippet to also include the save notes from the character sheet using this method...? Edit Well, after hours of trying, I was able to come up with this code: /w gm &{template:pf_defense} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{save_notes=@{selected|Save-notes}}} {{?{Saves| Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20 + [[ @{selected|fort} ]] ]] | Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|ref} ]] ]] | Will, Will= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|will} ]] ]] } + [[ ?{Modifiers|0} ]] }} It works alright, but the input modifier prints as a separate field for the roll result. eg. 30 + 4, instead showing as 34. How do I get them to calculate together? To add a nested modifier query, you'll need to make some special character substitutions  for | and }. NOTE: after you create/save this macro, do note edit it.  When you open the macro to edit it, roll20 will convert the special characters automatically which will break the macro. ;-(  Save a copy offline in case this happens or better yet, use a macro mule character that stores your macros.  Makes your macro portable and it will not convert special characters if you later open them to edit/update. Try; /w gm &{template:pf_defense} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{?{Saves|Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20 + [[ @{selected|fort} ]][fort] + [[ ?{mod |0} ]][mod] ]] |Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20 + [[ @{selected|ref} ]][ref] + [[ ?{mod |0} ]][mod] ]] |Will, Will= [[ 1d20 + [[ @{selected|will} ]][will] + [[ ?{mod |0} ]][mod] ]]} }} {{save_notes=@{selected|Save-notes}}} I also changed the template from pf_generic to pf_defense since it specifically includes key=value styling for {{save_notes}}
Vince said: Memm said: Hello. I am using Pathfinder Community Sheet. And below is the macro I'm using: /w gm &{template:pf_generic} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{?{Saves| Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|fort} ]] ]] | Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|ref} ]] ]] | Will, Will= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|will} ]] ]] }}} I would like to add the following snippet to the macro " + ?{Modifiers|0} ", but unfortunately for the life of me I just cannot figure where it goes. Any help regarding the matter would be highly appreciated! Also, what would be the snippet to also include the save notes from the character sheet using this method...? Edit Well, after hours of trying, I was able to come up with this code: /w gm &{template:pf_defense} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{save_notes=@{selected|Save-notes}}} {{?{Saves| Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20 + [[ @{selected|fort} ]] ]] | Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|ref} ]] ]] | Will, Will= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|will} ]] ]] } + [[ ?{Modifiers|0} ]] }} It works alright, but the input modifier prints as a separate field for the roll result. eg. 30 + 4, instead showing as 34. How do I get them to calculate together? To add a nested modifier query, you'll need to make some special character substitutions  for | and }. NOTE: after you create/save this macro, do note edit it.  When you open the macro to edit it, roll20 will convert the special characters automatically which will break the macro. ;-(  Save a copy offline in case this happens or better yet, use a macro mule character that stores your macros.  Makes your macro portable and it will not convert special characters if you later open them to edit/update. Try; /w gm &{template:pf_defense} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{?{Saves|Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20 + [[ @{selected|fort} ]][fort] + [[ ?{mod |0} ]][mod] ]] |Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20 + [[ @{selected|ref} ]][ref] + [[ ?{mod |0} ]][mod] ]] |Will, Will= [[ 1d20 + [[ @{selected|will} ]][will] + [[ ?{mod |0} ]][mod] ]]} }} {{save_notes=@{selected|Save-notes}}} I also changed the template from pf_generic to pf_defense since it specifically includes key=value styling for {{save_notes}} Thank you, it works!