Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A ? for Mapmakers w/ Tiles

I've read that it's better to use one single image than multiple tiles, layered or next to one another.   For those of you who have experienced lag, or memory issues, about how many tiles does it take before problems begin to start?
There's actually a change on the dev server (dunno if it's live or not yet) that makes tiled maps viable now. I have a map I've been tinkering around with that has at least 300 tiles and objects and appears to render very quickly. I'm still adding to it and I also use dynamic lighting on it. I have yet to run a game with anyone else on the map yet though... I may try to run a pick up game here soon just to see what the performance is like for other people.
To my understanding it's (the update which changes how the server handels objects) not live yet.
It goes live today.