Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Animations OR Music, not both :(

Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
For some reason the animations have really started to slow and be a bit laggy.  however, if you combine them with music, there is no way.  Both they and the music chug and fail.  But even without music, the animations are starting to really lag these days.  I see the feedback thread has this issue from over a year ago.  Any further development? Thanks! 
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
bump
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
bump
Gold
Forum Champion
I'm just following this thread to see. Not sure yet if my audio skips are attributable to GIF animations running, or not. I have skipping audio issues too. There is another thread about it, someone started.

Edited 1588193362
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
Hm I guess my search-fu failed.  I did look before posting. The situation has not always been broken this way. It used to work fine. I have a presentation coming soon and this is totally messing things up for me.  I would appreciate some kind of dev response. The official post about this is over a year old. 
Gold
Forum Champion
Take a look at these (maybe post in them too, if related):&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8557631/jukebox-issues/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8557631/jukebox-issues/</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8546713/jukebox-doesnt-work-if-there-are-more-than-5-players/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8546713/jukebox-doesnt-work-if-there-are-more-than-5-players/</a>
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
Still no response.&nbsp; Still broken. I had to not have sound for my presentation.&nbsp; I have been a paid pro member for over 5 years and given this community 1000s of dollars. This is intolerable. Completely intolerable. Roll20:&nbsp; get your shit together.&nbsp;
Gold
Forum Champion
No clue how/why your Bug Report has gotten no official reply.&nbsp; I read the Bugs forum and try to help people resolve. Rarely see a thread go this long without being answered with troubleshooting steps to help diagnose.
Gold
Forum Champion
Encountered this issue in my game yesterday. Entered the game table without GIF's, the music was playing okay-normally. Ran gif animations on tabletop later, noticed music stalling and starting, stalling and starting. Not positive the 2 are related but it seemed to overlap. Any solutions heard yet, Ahpook?
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
Not a peep as of yet sadly.&nbsp; And yes it definitely is the animations.&nbsp; Turn them off in the settings.&nbsp; Reload and play the music.&nbsp; It will be fine.&nbsp; Go into the setting and click allow animations.&nbsp; The music will immediately start starting and stopping as you described.&nbsp; As will the animations.
Gold
Forum Champion
Ahpook said: Not a peep as of yet sadly.&nbsp; And yes it definitely is the animations.&nbsp; Turn them off in the settings.&nbsp; Reload and play the music.&nbsp; It will be fine.&nbsp; Go into the setting and click allow animations.&nbsp; The music will immediately start starting and stopping as you described.&nbsp; As will the animations. Have you been able to figure out yet (confirm) that the music is buff'ing the same on the Player's end? e.g. can we tell for sure if GIF is interrupting the music on everyone's computer or just on lower-end laptops? (I'm on a temporary laptop, main computer went to shop right when quarantine closed the shop down).
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
I am not using a laptop.&nbsp; And I run major video games like destiny with NP.
Please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues: Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser. Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20. Please disable all add-ons/extensions Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4.(Don't forget the complete Console Log!) If you need additional information on how to capture a console log we have additional information here: Submitting a Console Log in Firefox Submitting a Console Log in Chrome Thank you!