Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Add another template to Roll Query =desc

I have made following macros, which I would like to use the following "Roll Query" just with 5E template output (not using API): &{template:dmg} {{rname=Potion of Healing}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[2d4+2]]}} {{dmg1type=Healing}} &{template:dmg} {{rname=Potion of Greater Healing}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[4d4+4]]}} {{dmg1type=Healing}} &{template:dmg} {{rname=Potion of Superior Healing}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[8d4+8]]}} {{dmg1type=Healing}} &{template:dmg} {{rname=Potion of Supreme Healing}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[10d4+20]]}} {{dmg1type=Healing}} I would like THIS ROLL QUERY MACRO to have the same outpit as above. I've tried for hours and I don't know what to do. &{template:desc} [[{{desc= ?{Choose a Potion of...|Healing, **Potion of Healing**: [[2d4+2]] |Greater Healing, **Potion of Greater Healing**: [[4d4+4]] |Superior Healing, **Potion of Superior Healing**: [[8d4+8]] |Supreme Healing, **Potion of Supreme Healing**: [[10d4+20]] |Keoghtom's Ointment, **Keoghtom's Ointment**: [[2d8+2]] and cured of poison and any disease} }} Checking the wiki only confuses me more than helps: ?{Name of Query| Label 1, ?{value1| Label 1A, ?{value1A| Label 1Ai, value1Ai | Label 1Aii, value1Aii } | Label 1B, ?{value1B| Label 1Bi, value1Bi | Label 1Bii, value1Bii } } | Label 2, ?{value2|value2} } I even tried to create Macros with each template, but when I create a "master macro" to call it from, it cannot find the other macros"
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You've got this on the second line, [[ and it doesnt belong there, nor does it seemto have a matching set of ]] anywhere. Open brackets always need a matching set of close brackets. Also, a rolltemplate needs to be all on one line. You can have a new line where you have |, but the | must be at the end of a line, not the start. Try this: &{template:desc} {{desc= ?{Choose a Potion of...| Healing, **Potion of Healing**: [[2d4+2]]| Greater Healing, **Potion of Greater Healing**: [[4d4+4]] | Superior Healing, **Potion of Superior Healing**: [[8d4+8]] | Supreme Healing, **Potion of Supreme Healing**: [[10d4+20]] | Keoghtom's Ointment, **Keoghtom's Ointment**: [[2d8+2]] and cured of poison and any disease} }} I dont use the sheet so I've never used that rolltemplate, but the syntax errors are corrected so hopefully it works.
Thank you GiGs, but it still doesn't change the cosmetics - that's why I want it in another 5E OGL template than this if possible.

Edited 1588098198
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Having looked at your examples above, it does look more complicated - you cant put that in a rolltemplate without using html substitutions.  To convert those into a query, you can first reorganise it a bit to &{template:dmg} {{rname=Potion of Superior Healing}} {{dmg1=[8d4+8]]}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1type=Healing}} The order doesnt matter. But rname and dmg1 both need to be in the query, so you want them next to each to minimise the work done. Then the query part will start out as ?{Choose a Potion of...| Healing, {{rname=Potion of Healing}} {{dmg1=[[2d4+2]]}}| Greater Healing, {{rname=Potion of Greater Healing}} {{dmg1=[[4d4+4]]}} | Superior Healing, {{rname=Potion of Superior Healing}} {{dmg1=[[8d4+8]]}} | Supreme Healing, {{rname=Potion of Supreme Healing}} {{dmg1=[[10d4+20]]}} | Keoghtom's Ointment, {{rname=Keoghtom's Ointment}} {{dmg1=[[2d8+2]] and cured of poison and any disease}} } I'm not familiar with the sheet but I';m concerned about the last one - having dmg1 include some text in addition to the number might cause the rolltemplate to fail. So maybe change that to Keoghtom's Ointment, {{rname=Keoghtom's Ointment}} {{dmg1=[[2d8+2]]}}{{desc=and cured of poison and any disease}} } (I dont know of desc is the right term here. So probably best to leave off that ointment entirely during testing. So we know what the query should look like, we need to change some characters to their html entities. It looks like this one is fairly simple - just need to change each set of double closing curly braces }} to their entities. So that would be ?{Choose a Potion of...| Healing, {{rname=Potion of Healing}} {{dmg1=[[2d4+2]]}}| Greater Healing, {{rname=Potion of Greater Healing}} {{dmg1=[[4d4+4]]}} | Superior Healing, {{rname=Potion of Superior Healing}} {{dmg1=[[8d4+8]]}} | Supreme Healing, {{rname=Potion of Supreme Healing}} {{dmg1=[[10d4+20]] } } } You can test that alone in chat to see if it works (it wont be formatted as a rolltemplate, but you can see if it is working or not.) Then you can paste it into the full template from above &{template:dmg} ?{Choose a Potion of...| Healing, {{rname=Potion of Healing}} {{dmg1=[[2d4+2]]}}| Greater Healing, {{rname=Potion of Greater Healing}} {{dmg1=[[4d4+4]]}} | Superior Healing, {{rname=Potion of Superior Healing}} {{dmg1=[[8d4+8]]}} | Supreme Healing, {{rname=Potion of Supreme Healing}} {{dmg1=[[10d4+20]]}} } {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1type=Healing}} Notice it gets placed where rname and dmg1 were. See if that works. If it does, remember if you save this as a Macro, never reopen it or those html entities will be erased. Maybe save it as a character sheet ability instead. Finally, if you want an easier solution, look up Chat Menus.
Thank you SO MUCH for this explanation. It works! Tomorrow I will sit down and fiddle with it, to see if I can create a "Dice-Roller" macro the same way (currently using Chat Menus for this).
May I suggest a trick for Keoghtom's Ointment: &{template:dmg} ?{Choose a Potion of...|Healing, {{rname=Potion of Healing}} {{dmg1=[[2d4+2]]}}| Greater Healing, {{rname=Potion of Greater Healing}} {{dmg1=[[4d4+4]]}} | Superior Healing, {{rname=Potion of Superior Healing}} {{dmg1=[[8d4+8]]}} | Supreme Healing, {{rname=Potion of Supreme Healing}} {{dmg1=[[10d4+20]]}} | Keoghtom's Ointment, {{rname=*and cured of poison and any disease* Keoghtom's Ointment}} {{dmg1=[[2d4+2]]}}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1type=Healing}} Depending on your system and/or browser, you may want to replace the carriage return after *and cured of poison and any disease* with 
. Gigs is right; you should think about using a character to hold your macro: Stupid roll20 tricks and some clever ones .