Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API: !Group-Init

Hey good people. Welcome to a really cold Saturday morning here in Queensland Australia and it's only the start of May! I've seen in some YouTube videos where people are able to have the !group-init API do things like highlight the next character up for initiative and also to have a button pop up in the character that is currently up for Initiative to let them move the tracker along. Any idea's on how to the the API to do that at all?  Would move the game along well as I constantly forget to move the tracker as the GM. Cheers guys.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
GroupInitative doesn't highlight tokens, it just provides the rolling of initiative for a selection of tokens. TurnMarker1 (<a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/TurnMarker1/TurnMarker1.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/TurnMarker1/TurnMarker1.js</a>) will give you an orange highlight and some output in chat for who's turn it is and buttons to move to the next turn. CombatMaster is another option.
Ahhhh.&nbsp; So if I load TurnMarker1 it will highlight them when I am using GroupInit?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yes.&nbsp; Neither requires the other, but they do go well together. =D
Cool.&nbsp; Sorry I am relatively new to this.&nbsp; Is there any way to get it to roll initiative every turn and not keep the same one from turn to turn.&nbsp; We do that in our game as it mixes it up a bit. &nbsp;
Oh and thanks for the help Aaron.&nbsp; I really appreciate it.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Lets see... You can use GroupInitiative's Reroll command: !group-init --reroll And it will reroll all the tokens in the Turn Order and apply the sorting function.&nbsp; As for automatically doing that, I'd probably need to write something for that and it might be a little bit difficult to do it generically.
Again cheers for that Aaron.&nbsp;&nbsp; That works beautifully.&nbsp; Made my day.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Sweet. =D&nbsp; Let me know if you need anything else. =D
Hey I do have another question if I may.&nbsp; We use Row3 (the red circle) for initiative bonus.&nbsp; Is there a simple way you can read off that for GroupInit at all?&nbsp; Just means if there is not a sheet for a monster, I can put the Initiative bonus in there and it is all good.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There is! &nbsp;However, in looking into an example, I realized it has a bug that makes it not work for tokens with no character. I've fixed it, but need to get it uploaded after I've finished a bit of rewrite on the help system.&nbsp;
Oh wow.&nbsp; You are stellar Aaron!&nbsp;
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ok, that took longer than I wanted it to...&nbsp; I've updated the script to fix that issue, and added done quite a bit with the help and configuration and such... Details here:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8599363/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8599363/</a>
Sublime! Thanks Aaron.&nbsp;
Hey Aaron, does the API script automatically update or do I have to reload it?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you have it installed from a one click, it will update when Roll20 updates the scripts on the repo. If you've copied in the source, you'll need to switch to the one click version, or recopy the new source over.&nbsp;
Cheers Aaron.&nbsp; I really appreciate what you do fo the community.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No problem! =D