Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Controller Access for Character Token Settings

Edited 1588541896
mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not sure what the etiquette is for opening a suggestion when a similar (read; the exact same thing)  was previously closed without enough votes, but in the meantime, I'm gonna post away. I would like for players who control a character sheet to be able to access more of the GM settings for tokens that represent that character. Specifically: Linking bars to attributes:  this is a pretty no-brainer expectation for I think most games, (wild anecdotal generalisation here, I have not done any research into actual numbers, lol) and right now the only person in the game who can edit these is the GM. We as players all know that GMs have a lot on their plate anyway, so wouldn't it be nice if we could take away some of that hassle? Updating nameplate, bar, and aura visibility:  whilst not as universally applicable as simply linking bars to attributes, changing the appearance of the token for the other players (and indeed the controller as well)  can make the game flow a bit easier, whilst also giving the controller some (ahem) control over what others can see - helpful for planning surprises! Updating a default token for Characters: something that I foresee perhaps being something a GM might want to disable, but allowing a player to do this comes with a couple of benefits for the GM, as well as the players: GMs will no longer have to upload the token to the game themselves, which means somebody who runs multiple games doesn't need to worry about running out of storage for assets where their 5 or more players have none used up at all GMs can still control this behaviour, which means that those GMs who set up a bunch of custom stuff for tokens the players aren't necessarily informed of will have less need to repeatedly configure new tokens. Players can enjoy switching up their appearances on the game board without using a rollable token, which can be daunting for newer players. (Not the biggest necessity, but it can feel nice in longer games to have an evolution of your character - IRL you could just swap in a different mini, after all) Thanks for the read, and please do enlighten me if I've stepped on some etiquette taboo by opening a largely repeated suggestion. (Two years does feel like a significant time-frame, however!) Please also let me know if you have any suggestions for how I can better word and explain this suggestion! Have a good game, everyone.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .