Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

BUG - delete folder dumps contents into the root instead of deleting contents

Also the display message matches the bug.  Currently it says "Are you sure you want to delete this folder? All items in it will be moved to the root folder." It should say "Are you sure you want to delete this folder? All items in this folder will be deleted." If I wanted to save something in the folder, I would have moved it out of the folder before deleting it.  My players are done with "Chapter 2", I want to delete "Chapter 2". That's why I have everything organized, if I wanted to have everything unorganized and be forced to delete items one-by-one, then I wouldn't have put them in folders to begin with. Delete folder is currently bugged as it behaves differently than every other delete folder I've come across on any system I've worked with.
This is actually the default behavior and it tells you to it will place the items in the root folder. Its been brought up before and many suggestion are in the suggestion forums that cover better organization tools. However the best thing you can do is move items out of the folder first and then delete the folder. Tedious I know.