Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e][LFP][25+] [Free] Need 1 player to join an active campaign. Fridays 7-11 EDT. Would prefer experienced player.

I'm looking for 1 additional player to fill in a spot in a long-term homebrew campaign I'm DM'ing. We play on Friday nights and have 4 solid players, but might be losing our 5th. I think its a fairly balanced campaign thus far, with typical high fantasy themes. While I enjoy having 1-2 combat encounters per session, I'm also enjoying the roleplay aspects that my players bring and that they bring out of me. I'm always open to adjusting the game a bit based on player feedback so the more I know about what you are looking for, the more likely you will be satisfied with the campaign. This campaign is homebrew and built on the fly, so there is lots of room for you to build out your character's backstory, and drive the campaign towards things you'd like your character to do. If you are free on Friday nights and would like to join a long-term campaign with a level 6 character, please fill out the following (Bolded responses are my own, placed as examples) and either reply or send me a Direct message. Feel free to include any questions as well.  Name (whatever you'd like to be called while out of character):  Taylor Age:  34 RPG experience, including any experience as a GM:  Solely 5e, started playing weekly 3+ years ago. have mostly DM'ed the last 2 years. Always homebrewed If you had 100 points total to allocate to the following, how would your ideal game be balanced? (example given) Exploration:  25 Roleplay:  30 Combat:   45 What else do you like about D&D or RPG's?  Coming up with a fantastic plan that always gets spoiled. Meeting people who enjoy similar things Are you able to attend sessions on Friday nights with frequent regularity?  Yep, occasionally have to call a session on my account, but not often. If you do need to miss a session, are you able to give reasonable notice?  Also yes. What aspects of D&D/Roll20 are your strong suits?  Roll20-   Have started fleshing out journals pretty substantially, utilizing some API's that enhance things. D&D- roleplaying situations that I have expected, tying player characters to a narrative, Providing roleplay, combat, and exploration opportunities that are cohesive and related to a larger story. What aspects of your D&D/Roll20 game could use some improving?  Roll20- remembering the damn jukebox, lol. making maps/ adjustments to maps  on the fly. General file organization. D&D-fleshing out knowledge of lore, utilizing DM tools that already exist in the DMG (loot tables, random encounters, poisons, siege weapons, optional rules, etc...) If you have a character concept, feel free to list it out here. 

Edited 1589195487
Name (whatever you'd like to be called while out of character):  Sean (typically I like the character name Volhard and go by that on the internet) Age:  33 RPG experience, including any experience as a GM: Only 5e. Played for 1 year biweekly, 1 year weekly - biweekly table top. Have played last 1 - 2 months weekly on Roll20. (Played tons of RPG video games as well.) If you had 100 points total to allocate to the following, how would your ideal game be balanced? (example given) Exploration:  25 Roleplay: 25 (I additionally enjoy the aspect of roleplaying for the sake of flavor as well as coming up with plan for puzzle solving, exploration, and combat) Combat:   50 What else do you like about D&D or RPG's? I like the idea of being able to pretend to be someone you are not. It is very liberating. In real life I am a type A medical student. It is fun to play characters that either work well with that (ahem wizard) or are completely opposite of that (ahem barbarian). I like the idea that the decisions you make can affect the world and there is an interaction there. I like potential consequences for actions. I like that you can basically attempt  anything in DND. I like working as a team. In terms of loot and planning, I like to share with all players. With loot I like to see it go to the person where it would benefit the team the most as I am a team player. Are you able to attend sessions on Friday nights with frequent regularity? Yes, my schooling is typically done by 1 hour before session start, unless I have extenuating circumstances like an infrequent exam. If you do need to miss a session, are you able to give reasonable notice?  Yes, it is a massive pet peeve of mine to be given < 24 hours notice on anything that changes interpersonally. There would be weeks in advance notice unless emergency (very rare). What aspects of D&D/Roll20 are your strong suits? I know alot of the rules (and if I don't, I can quickly look them up). I have watched critical role and rollplay for years, so that helps with that. I am happy to assist others with rules or the DM, if desired. I can also STFU and let others do their thing, whatever is desired. I know the rules for alot of spells (at least the good ones), and if I play a caster won't slow you down by figuring out how my spells work on the fly.   I am here to have fun. Team player as mentioned above. What aspects of your D&D/Roll20 game could use some improving? In terms of roleplay, I have recently started branching out and playing archetypes that I have not before, and it has been a lot of fun, but it is not my strong suit. I am a team player, I want us to succeed and not die. So if I see a plan with potential for us to die or that isn't that well thought out or optimized, I will try to steer the group in the direction of a better plan. I don't mean to be controlling, but my character would simply not want to die and want the best plan moving forth. I also am typically very good at solving in game puzzles. I usually run my characters with decent intelligence. To be more of a team player I could back off on these two aspects of my play and allow others to have fun too. I am always cognizant of whether or not I am 'dominating' a session and when I play with a new group of people, I regularly ask for feedback regarding this as well as other things (which I would put in the strengths column, but it just wrote out well here). If you have a character concept, feel free to list it out here. I love casters. I have played wizards, sorcerors, clerics, barbarians. I might want to play a druid, warlock, bard, or rogue (not a skeezy one, a team oriented one) or one of the previous classes I have played.   I cannot provide a character concept without knowing more about the world and what would fit with the party. I am happy to discuss potential backstories or character concepts in the future. Questions: Could you tell me more about the world? Early on, are you okay with me asking alot of questions over a voice chat to see if we would be a good fit? Early on, are you okay with me asking alot of questions about how you would rule specific spells? (This is very important as I don't want to have a crappy character because of the way you rule certain spells.) (As a note, this would gradually taper off, but just as before I am about to acquire new spells, I would be wanting to ask you about how you would rule them.) Since it is a battle and the 6 seconds of a turn is used to facilitate, are we allowed to talk out of turn in combat?  (I don't like the idea that you have to wait the 6 seconds before saying anything as it narratively doesn't make sense. However, I can submit to any ruling you make.) Is it okay if I help with rules here and there or help other players if they ask for it?   Or are you the type of DM that says, "I said it, so it's law," even if it goes against rules as written? (Just clarifying what you mean by homebrew.) Do you use milestone or battle/quest experience/problem solving experience? (I prefer battle/quest experience/problem solving experience as it feels like constant character progression, which I like.) Otherwise, have a nice day! Sean
Age: 34 RPG experience, including any experience as a GM: played and dm 3.5, dm 5.0 played played shdowrun If you had 100 points total to allocate to the following, how would your ideal game be balanced? (example given) Exploration:  30 Roleplay: 35 Combat:   35 What else do you like about D&D or RPG's? I enjoy roleplaying and making up interesting new characters Are you able to attend sessions on Friday nights with frequent regularity? Yes If you do need to miss a session, are you able to give reasonable notice? Yes What aspects of D&D/Roll20 are your strong suits? I ran a game on d20 but haven't played in it in a long time but I can relearn the commands What aspects of your D&D/Roll20 game could use some improving? Role-playing I think I can be better at it 
Name (whatever you'd like to be called while out of character):  Nick Age:  31 RPG experience, including any experience as a GM:  Started with Pathfinder 7 years ago, transitioned to 5E 4 years ago at the group's  insistence .  Have DM'd some oneshots and one longer term homebrew in 5E and one disaster in Pathfinder. If you had 100 points total to allocate to the following, how would your ideal game be balanced? (example given) Exploration:  23 Roleplay: 33 Combat:   43 What else do you like about D&D or RPG's? Building characters, both mechanically and lore wise.  I have far too many to keep track of at this point, very few actually written down beyond enough information to remind me what it was I was making.  It's led me into my love of 3rd party content as well to better fit the flavor and set up of the characters I make. Are you able to attend sessions on Friday nights with frequent regularity? As of now I have no issues and don't see any in the future.  The world is always in flux though and unless an emergency comes up I should know anything coming in time to let the group know. If you do need to miss a session, are you able to give reasonable notice?  Yes What aspects of D&D/Roll20 are your strong suits?  Roll20-  I have experience in setting up maps mostly.  Some other DM work but nothing super in depth as most experience has been physical . D&D- Improvisation.  Especially of lore.  I am a bit of a master of pulling things out of nowhere and making them seem in place.  At least until you look at it too hard, that takes a little more time. What aspects of your D&D/Roll20 game could use some improving?  Roll20- The more technical side of Roll20, the coding and stuff. D&D-  Planning, it's my kryptonite.  Also remembering what I've already improvised to keep everything straight, especially if it's something small. I do have a question, is 3rd party stuff allowed in your game?
Name: Boss Age: 48 RPG experience, including any experience as a GM: 16+ years as a player, half online, and mostly, 4e D&D and PF. If you had 100 points total to allocate to the following, how would your ideal game be balanced? (example given) Exploration: 40 Roleplay:  30 Combat:  30 What else do you like about D&D or RPG's? Character development of all players. Are you able to attend sessions on Friday nights with frequent regularity?  Yes. I have no commitments other than family emergencies. If you do need to miss a session, are you able to give reasonable notice? As soon as I know, I will give prior notice for even possibility of tardiness. What aspects of D&D/Roll20 are your strong suits? I'm a casual player, a power gamer, and a storyteller. I played in a one-shot and had most everyone ROFL for 7 hours. Imagine Sean Connery as a dwarf rolling on some tree ninjas and a medusa mistaken for his Bond girl. I try to allow everyone to have fun. What aspects of your D&D/Roll20 game could use some improving? Better communication between all participants. Myers-Briggs (Personality type): ENFJ-A Protagonist Character name: Tuatha Race: Wildhunt Shifter Class: Cleric 1 (Life)/Druid 5 (Shepherd) Backstory: Long ago, Tuatha belonged to human nobility.  He was abducted by a rival faction to his family and abandoned in the cold wilderness.  Tuatha was found and raised in the frozen tundra by mammoth riders; he later experiences civilization only to largely reject it and return to the wild. Tuatha became the protector of the tundra and adopted the ways of the Gruul tribes.  The absolute breakdown of society. He believes as the Gruul that society has no place in the natural order. Call it instinct or impulse, the Gruul preach it just the same. They show an unrivaled bloodthirst. The only law that matters in the world is the law of nature. Instinct should always overpower logic. When Tuatha was an infant and assumed a human, Joga, leader of the mammoth riders, adopted Tuatha. Tuatha became a feral child revealing his shifter bloodline, and his tribe of shifters is known as the Kumiho.  His real common name is forgotten, until Tuatha is visited by his birth parents in a dream and returns to civilization to fulfill his promise to them. Alignment: Neutral
Name (whatever you'd like to be called while out of character):  Dylan Age:  21 RPG experience, including any experience as a GM:  Only 5e, been playing for about 2.5 years. Been involved in a good number of campaigns in that amount of time. If you had 100 points total to allocate to the following, how would your ideal game be balanced? (example given) Exploration:  30 Roleplay:  30 Combat:   40 What else do you like about D&D or RPG's? The unique characters and stories that come out of campaigns. I enjoy that anything can happen, in every situation. Are you able to attend sessions on Friday nights with frequent regularity?  Yes! I have no weekend work, and I do not work nights so this works perfectly! If you do need to miss a session, are you able to give reasonable notice?  Of course. What aspects of D&D/Roll20 are your strong suits? In Roll20, I can use the site effectively, but I do not have a lot of knowledge about set up of a session, as I am not a DM. In dnd, I feel that I have a strong grasp on the rules of the game and can also roleplay very well to suit my character. What aspects of your D&D/Roll20 game could use some improving?  In Roll20, pretty much anything that I haven't learned. I do not know what I should know, but am willing to learn. In dnd, basically roleplaying within combat can be difficult but it is something I actively try to improve. My idea for a character currently is a tiefling paladin, oath of devotion, and will be a bit of a tragic paladin. Follower of Ilmater.
Name (whatever you'd like to be called while out of character):  Tekno or Tek Age:  36 RPG experience, including any experience as a GM: I have been playing tabletop since 2 nd Edition Dungeons and Dragons which includes 3.0, 3.5, 4 th Edition, and 5 th Edition DnD and other systems including everything White Wolf has ever published (up to current New and Old World of Darkness), Legend of the Five Rings, Shadowrun, and too many others to list. This includes homebrew systems and both as a player and DM/Storyteller. If you had 100 points total to allocate to the following, how would your ideal game be balanced? (example given) Exploration:  30 Roleplay:  30 Combat:   40 What else do you like about D&D or RPG's?  I like the social aspect combined with the player and storyteller creativity. It's the closest we can get to meshing a collaborative project while retaining the imagination and artistic creativity. Every game and every group is different and that keeps things interesting. Are you able to attend sessions on Friday nights with frequent regularity?  Pretty much every Friday without fail. If you do need to miss a session, are you able to give reasonable notice?  Of course! Courtesy is a priority. What aspects of D&D/Roll20 are your strong suits? A s a player I tend to be the supportive type and like to play off of others, it's probably why when making a character I make mine last to round the group out in terms of both class balance and to make sure that each other character can have their moment to shine (Star Wars would be completely boring if the party was all Luke Skywalkers). As an on and off DM I always have a backlog of characters and NPCs to dip into and that makes making new characters a breeze. What aspects of your D&D/Roll20 game could use some improving?  Challenging myself to make to try and avoid the common fantasy tropes (Orcs are always evil, elves are always this etc) when crafting my characters and world building. If you have a character concept, feel free to list it out here: I have too many character concepts to think of currently and would like to be able to know what the other players are making so as to fit best in the group. If I am invited though I will dive right into character creation and be ready by game night.