Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can link roll tables be whispered?

I made roll tables for an rpg I’m making. I need to link them to each other but my game has a table with occupations on it. Depending on which one they get, they need to roll for starting age. I’m not sure how to link that up. If the mortician is rolled then can it roll for starting age on the mortician roll? I need to find out how to whisper that to the gm so it doesn’t go to other players chats. Then I need a gm only roll of their date of death. Is this possible?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
You can whisper rolls to the GM with using "/w gm" or "/gmroll" instead of the usual "/r". Might need to put your dicerolling syntax inside double brackets [[ ]]]
I can get it whisper to the GM but how can I get the table result to roll a macro? I added the [[ but nothing changed.

Edited 1589326479
chat command to roll from a rollable table is Xt[tablename] where X is how many results you want, when calling from a macro dont use more than 1 as it show only the first.  so: /w gm [[1t[TableName]]]
No. The table rolls and the result is a macro. I have the macro roll open and to the GM.

Edited 1589326745
alas rollable tables are terribly limited, you cant execute an inline roll/calculation from a table result or call a macro from a table result.
OK. thanks.