Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Script: It's A Trap getting errors and would love some assistance:

Hey all.  I'm new to API scripting in general and I've been amazed at what I can do with Roll 20 now that I've unlocked a pro account.  I'm super thrilled with the functionality of this script that I've seen on youtube, but I just can't seem to get it to work.  I've set up the options I wanted and see the trigger radius, but when a token moves into the perception radius, this is what I get.   Can I get any help?  I don't even know where to start, so I thought I would jump in here before going down the rabbit hole.  Many thanks in advance for any kind souls who show pity on me.  
Dave E. said: Hey all.  I'm new to API scripting in general and I've been amazed at what I can do with Roll 20 now that I've unlocked a pro account.  I'm super thrilled with the functionality of this script that I've seen on youtube, but I just can't seem to get it to work.  I've set up the options I wanted and see the trigger radius, but when a token moves into the perception radius, this is what I get.   Can I get any help?  I don't even know where to start, so I thought I would jump in here before going down the rabbit hole.  Many thanks in advance for any kind souls who show pity on me.   Hiya Dave, Could you post the rest of the setup? It is in the gm notes section of the token.
Ravenknight said: Dave E. said: Hey all.  I'm new to API scripting in general and I've been amazed at what I can do with Roll 20 now that I've unlocked a pro account.  I'm super thrilled with the functionality of this script that I've seen on youtube, but I just can't seem to get it to work.  I've set up the options I wanted and see the trigger radius, but when a token moves into the perception radius, this is what I get.   Can I get any help?  I don't even know where to start, so I thought I would jump in here before going down the rabbit hole.  Many thanks in advance for any kind souls who show pity on me.   Hiya Dave, Could you post the rest of the setup? It is in the gm notes section of the token. Hello. I am not Dave but i am having the same problem besides the trap doesn't move to another layer even whe spotted or activated. In my case, the gm notes section of the token has this: {"revealWhenSpotted":true,"revealLayer":"map","damage":"2d6","save":"dex","saveDC":15,"hideSave":false,"spotDC":15} Hope this help.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Did you also install the 5E trap theme script? You'll need to install that and set up your sheet on its settings page.
Hi again. I just re-install all the scripts and it is working properly. Thanks for the help!
From the Token GM Notes: {"effectShape":"self","stopAt":"center","fx":{"name":"Explosion"},"revealWhenSpotted":true,"revealLayer":"map","save":"dex","saveDC":14,"hideSave":false,"spotDC":18} I have the 5E Generic theme installed and made sure the perception scores, etc are listed in the theme.  
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Are you using a custom character sheet?
Nope. 
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
On the trap theme's settings page, do you have "roll20" selected from the drop-down menu and all the other fields left blank?
The theme's setting page was actually set to custom/none. I switched it to Roll20 and it worked!!!! Thanks so much!!
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nice! I should probably try to find some way for the script to auto-detect which sheet people are using. I get PMs about this a lot...
Stephen L. said: Nice! I should probably try to find some way for the script to auto-detect which sheet people are using. I get PMs about this a lot... Could you add drop down menu to the TrapMaker macro's configuration menu?