Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Please Help with Paizo Character Sheet

I need some assistance with the Paizo official character sheet. As shown above, in the spell casting section it lists the entry of CL allowing you to input your caster level. My current issue is the fields do not allow for the additional +4 misc modifier to be added to the roll from Spell Penetration & Greater Spell Penetration feats. My only current course of action is to increase my caster level to 14 to fix the roll to its appropriate total modifier, but doing so increases my concentration total value making it incorrect. Would someone please be able to assist me with finding the correct area to add the misc +4 to the roll? If there is no designated area for this, then would one of the developers be willing to make space for this need, please?
The CL field on the class row is for the base caster level due to class level.  I would look at the "Buffs" in the upper left corner of the sheet. This is where you would enter bonuses, especially those which can be turned on/off. You may need to refer to documentation for the sheet to find the specific attribute to apply the Buff to, but I suspect it would be "+1 to caster_level" or something similar. 
I see I am trying to work out the buff. So far using caster_level has not worked. I may have it worded incorrectly or something? This is how I have the buff written currently: +4 to caster_level

Edited 1589697674
Running into similar issues playing an Arcanist, which have the ability to boost their CL on the fly. Checking the Buff section of the help center ( <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037773733-Pathfinder-Official#PathfinderOfficial-BuffableStats" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037773733-Pathfinder-Official#PathfinderOfficial-BuffableStats</a> ), @caster1_level and @caster2_level are not buffable stats, so they can't be modified via a custom buff. If you're using @caster1_level as part of a spell or ability description, the closest thing I've found is to manually adjust the CL under the configuration tab, then adjust it back when done. Clunky and prone to me forgetting to set it back, but the only thing I've found that works. If you just want a caster level check for dispelling or overcoming SR, you could make a custom attack or macro that rolls 1d20 + @caster1_level + any consistent bonuses. A more limited scope, but functional. If you wanted to be super hacky, since concentration is a buffable stat, create a buff that adds the consistent bonuses as a modifier to concentration checks, subtracts your casting stat, and subtracts bonuses that are only supposed to apply to concentration, then roll a concentration check. Example buff: +4 to concentration*; -@{cha} to concentration; -2** to concentration; * is a hypothetical bonus from Spell Penetration or Dispel Focus ** is a hypothetical bonus from a feat like Combat Casting that applies to Concentration checks but not the CL check in question
The way I managed to fix this was to create a custom macro as you suggested Aureia. Though instead of what you did, I simply left the caster level at what it should be, 10 was what it was at the time. Then I hit the caster level button to see the result, then arrowed up to have it give me the code for what the sheet uses. After that, I created a custom macro with the bonus applied to the code, which was +4 for spell pen feats.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The only way I see to accomplish this on within the sheet is to turn on queries for saves and concentration checks.&nbsp; That brings up a dialogue box to manually enter your bonus.&nbsp; Outside of that, it looks like the custom macro is the way to go.