Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20AM help

Can someone please tell me how to turn off the "Setup" menu that Roll20AM prints every time I use !roll20AM in a macro.  It's annoying.  FWIW, I do have "Menu display" set to "off".  I'm talking about the following menu that appears every time: Thank you.
Give us an example of the macro you are using that triggers the setup message and we might be able to help more easily
The macro doesn't matter.  The same results occur even if I just use !roll20AM in the chat window.   For example, typing: !roll20AM --audio,play|Fireball 3 In the chat window makes the "Setup" menu appear TWICE in the chat window. However, I think I found the answer to my own problem.  It seems that setting "menu: off" is meaningless.  I have to explicitly say "nomenu" on each use such as: !roll20AM --audio,play|Fireball 3, nomenu
I take it back.  "nomenu" doesn't always work.  That is, putting it on the command as above doesn't always stop the setup menu from appearing.  Help?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Try: !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Fireball 3
That seems to work.  Thanks.  The funny thing is that I saw it the other way in documentation, and the other night, I used it the other way and it worked... but today it's not working the other way.  It seems to work this way though. At least today. :-)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think once you have put in the pipe "|" and track name you are out of command territory and into argument territory. I don't think you can go back and forth like that. I haven't tested, but it might be looking for a track named "Fireball 3, nomenu" or something along those lines.
I don't know.  It was working fine - playing the sound and not displaying the menu two days ago.  There were some problems where the sound and the fx I was using before it came at different times - sometimes the sound came before the fx and sometimes the sound a minute or two after the fx but I think that had more to do with slowness on roll20 and the API problems than the command line being wrong.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
They also updated JavaScript on the Production server yesterday, but I don't think that should break anything.