Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Tokenomancer to Set up Default Tokens on Character Sheets

The Characteromancer is a fantastic tool for speeding up character creation. We need the same kind of tool for Tokens (a Tokenomancer!) - a step-by-step process players can use to set up their own default Player Tokens, preferably allowing use of our image/marketplace/compendium libraries. How about using the Characteromancer as a model for setting up the Default Tokens on player Character Sheets? Feature Considerations: Pair with Characteromancer - launch the Tokenomancer at the end of the Characteromancer completion, or from a button on the sheet settings. Choosing an image - A player can upload an image to use as a token or can select an image stored in their own Image Library (such as purchased marketplace sets.) Also, if the game creator has shared compendium resources or pc token sets into the game, these marketplace libraries will also be available for selection. Set vision & DL - As part of the Tokenomancer, the player will be asked to specify their character's vision (e.g. normal, darkvision, etc.) based on the rules in their game. Other Token Settings - The game's Default Settings for tokens (set by the game creator/GM in the game settings) will be used to specify the remaining token settings, such as the bar data, bubble display values, name/aura visibility permissions, etc. Yes the Default Token - On completion, the Tokenomancer assigns this token to the sheet as the Default Token. I am tired of explaining to new players how to set up tokens, and messing around with emailed images or setting up "token display pages" in my games. I own dozens of marketplace tokens and would like an easy way to present them to my players as options for them to use in my games. And I want them to set up their own tokens, in a guided way, in less than 5 minutes. The entire character creation process could be fast and simple if we have an awesome way to set up player tokens.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .