Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Import / Export monster and spell traduction

Hi all, During my GM sessions in roll20 I have translate many monster and speel from the compendium in my natale language (french). My question is very simple, does have a way to export this traslante and re-use it later ? It's very tired to have to re-translate each time the same spell on character sheet or recreate the monstre in other campain. If my work can help the french community it's will be a pleasure. Ty
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Pro subscribers have access to the Transmogifier, that makes it possible possible to copy handouts / characters  / maps between your games. You could use it for copying monsters to your other games, but I don't known of any pre-existing method of copying spells from a character to another. But it should be possible to create an API script to copy a "spell" from one character and add it to another, just haven't see example of a script that does that right away.
So they are no way to share like a open-source conpendium just pro can share betwen it's games. I'm little disappointed. I will loking if I can find a API for copy a spell. TY for your replay
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
No, they don't have that sort of thing so far, and I doubt they want to make an easy way to do that to make piracy more difficult.  The pro perk only works on games you have created, so you still can't pull things out of games in which you are a player or co-gm with the transmogrifier.
How do you import a monster from the Pathfinder Bestiary into a game?  I don't see any way to do this.  I can't access the Bestiary once the game is launched, only from the compendiary screen.  I feel like I totally wasted my money buying the Roll20 bestiary.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Dave said: How do you import a monster from the Pathfinder Bestiary into a game?  I don't see any way to do this.  I can't access the Bestiary once the game is launched, only from the compendiary screen.  I feel like I totally wasted my money buying the Roll20 bestiary. You have probably figured this out by now, but you go to the compendium in game.  You grab the name of the monster in the compendium and drag it to your map.  It will drop a token (if it is something from Bestiary 1 assuming you own that) and generate an npc character sheet in your journal.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
To add to what Kraynic said...you also need to make sure you've added the compendium to your game. You do that by going to the game Settings page (where you select the character sheet to use for the game, etc). There's a section called "Compendium Settings" where you indicate which compendiums are accessible, etc.