Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5e] DM looking for players

Hi! I'm relatively new to this community and I'm hoping to connect with other players for regular sessions. I'm a DM with a knack for homebrewing my own adventures and settings but circumscribed to 5e official rules (for the most part). I like running campaigns that balance roleplay and game mechanics (skills, combat, feats, etc.) in a way that is light hearted, immersive, and fun, and love thinking of original plots where characters can develop and, most importantly, make choices that shape the world they live in. My adventures range from political intrigue and mystery to epic wars, heists, and dungeon crawls, with as many silly subplots as the party wishes to engage in. My settings are very PC-centered so I'm usually very open to having characters of most types as long as they are at least somewhat compatible with each other and players put a little thought into their motivations, bonds, and flaws. I like helping new players too and having a positive, respectful, and inclusive table. Looking forward to hearing from interested players! PS. Oh! I can run games in both English and Spanish.
What day and time were you looking to run your game, and how often?
My time zone is -5GMT and with the lockdown, my schedule is pretty flexible these days. I was hoping to form two or three groups and run weekly or biweekly games at night and on weekends, depending on everyone's availability. Before that, though, I was planning to chat a bit with potential players about the types of adventure/party that they were intersted in and if I saw a match then run a mini game as a test and take it from there.
im interested. experience in D&D. let me know
TerminX . said: im interested. experience in D&D. let me know Cool! I just sent you a private message.
Howdy, I'm looking to get back into DND as a player. Long time DM.  light hearted, immersive, and fun is totally right down my alley. I've played most of my dnd player time playing 5e with a little pathfinder 1e and would happily play any class. please PM me if you are interested in talking more and potentially having me as a player. thanks for reading.
Marceline A. said: Howdy, I'm looking to get back into DND as a player. Long time DM.  light hearted, immersive, and fun is totally right down my alley. I've played most of my dnd player time playing 5e with a little pathfinder 1e and would happily play any class. please PM me if you are interested in talking more and potentially having me as a player. thanks for reading. PM sent! :D
I have multiple character ideas saved, with nothing nailed down, but I'm able to build a full character with at least a loose backstory in an hour or so and a full world integrated one in about two or three hours provided I have enough context. So I'd love to join a mildly shenanigans oriented campaign. I am -5 GMT, and available any time apart from Wednesday at 7 pm - 10 pm -5 gmt time. and Thursday at 7pm - 9 pm -5 gmt time. 
Hey there. if there are any spots open I'd love to join in the fun. I do live in western australia but hopefully that isn't too much an issue as my schedule is very free.
I’m a newer player looking for a lighthearted, fun campaign. I have kids every other weekend so preferably a Friday, Saturday or Sunday starting 5/29 then every other weekend :)

Edited 1590063612
Hello, I'm looking for a group to play around 1-2pm (GMT-5; 8-9 PM my time) for a long campaign. I have experience with DnD 5e and PF and just finished a 18month PF campaign (in-person) where I only missed 2/3 sessions so I'm pretty consistent.  Cheers!
My schedule may be too nuts to add anything, but just in case, I'd love to talk about potential games
Hi! I've sent PMs to everyone who's responded so far. I'll be posting potential dates and times for test games in a few days too.
I have a bit of experience in 3.5 as a DM, but I'm happy to come over to 5e for the chance to be a player.  I'm not opposed to some light-heartedness, as long as it's not forced.  My timezone is EDT.  I'd prefer weekends, since that bears the highest likelihood of continusing once the lockdown lifts all the way, but for the moment my schedule is wide open.   Also, I'm still brand new to Roll20, but if you're willing to work with me, I'm a quick learner.
Ben H said: I have a bit of experience in 3.5 as a DM, but I'm happy to come over to 5e for the chance to be a player.  I'm not opposed to some light-heartedness, as long as it's not forced.  My timezone is EDT.  I'd prefer weekends, since that bears the highest likelihood of continusing once the lockdown lifts all the way, but for the moment my schedule is wide open.   Also, I'm still brand new to Roll20, but if you're willing to work with me, I'm a quick learner. Awesome. My first game was in 3.5 :D I just sent you a PM too.
hi! I would be interested in this as well if there's still room! I have a few years of 5e experience and am very RP and character oriented!
anika said: hi! I would be interested in this as well if there's still room! I have a few years of 5e experience and am very RP and character oriented! Yeah, we got room for more! I sent you a PM too.
Hi ! I'm interested in your campaign and would like to know more about it. I have been playing for around a year. I started on 3.5 but I also played the 5th edition.
I don't know if you are still accepting players however I am very interested have about a year of playing D&D 5e and would be super interested I'm England based so GMT+ 0 plus my schedule is wide open.
Allan said: Hi ! I'm interested in your campaign and would like to know more about it. I have been playing for around a year. I started on 3.5 but I also played the 5th edition. My plan is to gather potential players, run a test game with groups of 3-5 people (either with throwaway characters or pre-made ones) to test chemistry and player fit and then work out schedules with those who wish to join recurrent sessions. For long-running games, I like writing campaigns based on character backgrounds, flaws and bonds. I don't like forcing characters to join adventures without reasonable in-character motivations, and players really get to choose the kind of adventures their characters would embark into. I just use that to create the larger plots. That makes every character relevant to the story.
Jordan P. said: I don't know if you are still accepting players however I am very interested have about a year of playing D&D 5e and would be super interested I'm England based so GMT+ 0 plus my schedule is wide open. Yes! Just sent you a PM too.
Hello!  I hope you're still interested in players, I live in Arizona, so I am GMT -7, but I can request whatever day I want off at work, they love me.
Keith K said: Hello!  I hope you're still interested in players, I live in Arizona, so I am GMT -7, but I can request whatever day I want off at work, they love me. Yup. You got a PM too ;)
Hi this sounds really cool, I'm interested in joining a new group for regular sessions. I'm decently experienced with DND especially 5e would love to hear more 
Eddie.H said: Hi this sounds really cool, I'm interested in joining a new group for regular sessions. I'm decently experienced with DND especially 5e would love to hear more  Awesome! I just sent you a PM :)
Not sure if you have room for a literal new to the game newbie, but loving the vibe so far. Interested in learning more and have researched a lot of material that’s out there, just looking to get in on my first game. Let me know. 
Tim M. said: Not sure if you have room for a literal new to the game newbie, but loving the vibe so far. Interested in learning more and have researched a lot of material that’s out there, just looking to get in on my first game. Let me know.  Yes, newbies and experienced players are welcome. I sent you a PM with a little more info/questions.
I'm a little experienced and am looking for a campaign. I'm very interested and am hoping to find a good campaign and friends.
I'm interested! I have a little bit of experience playing as both player and dm and hope to find some good friends in a campaign. Im very shy though and have trouble with voice chats and cameras. I hope that wont be a problem. Please let me know. :)
Hi I'm Lewis and fairly new to D&D but I think i've got the basics of most of the 5e rules down but i'd probably still need some guidance from time to time. I'm free pretty much any evening at the moment, live in the UK so on GMT standard time but i'm very interested if you're still looking!
If you have any openings, I'm interested. Been gaming for long time. experience with multiple RPGs. Mainly DnD 3.5 but just started playing 5e and am interested in getting into a game. Fun relaxed sounds great. let me know... My schedule is rotating so i am generally only available every other week depending on the day and time... I'm in EST... Mark,
If you are fine with playing with newer players 2 other friends and I are available most week days after 3 pm mst most days Monday through Saturday, we have played 1 campaign in the past so we are still learning the rules. I absolutely love creating backstories where the details may be hazy just so the dm can potentially have characters personality and background added to the game.
Hi, just sent a few more PMs to those who just posted and will be updating later tonight with more info for the test games I mentioned above. Thanks!
I was working from home before this because my boss moved back to Japan. I'm GMT-8 with a fairly loose schedule. Sign me up for a test session! :D
Mr. Laneous said: I was working from home before this because my boss moved back to Japan. I'm GMT-8 with a fairly loose schedule. Sign me up for a test session! :D Cool! Will be posting about test session soon ;)
Semi experienced D&D player. open to most times. I'm GMT-8. hopefully you still have a spot open for the test.

Edited 1590211172
Hi! As promised here's the info to join the test game this weekend: 1. Schedule (-5GMT): Saturday 23rd: 10:00 - 13:00 14:00 - 17:00 18:00 - 21:00 Sunday 24th: 10:00 - 13:00 09:00 - 12:00 (UPDATE!) If you are interested, PM me and I'll send the link to sign up (I'm trying out calendly). I'm not sure if all slots will be filled but as long as each has 3 players we can go ahead with the session. If these work out and more people wish to join, I'll add more schedules next week. If necessary we'll merge the ones with not enough players. Playing Characters Just to have an idea, here's what I'd like you to prepare: Party size: 3-5 players. Level 3. Character creation: all PHB options (long running campaigns will include more sources, but let's keep it simple for this session). Ability scores: standard value assignment (15-14-13-12-10-08). I'll share links for character building tools once your participation is confirmed. The setting: Here's a little bit about the setting you'll find: Welcome to the coastal city of Oddendale , famous for its honey, spice, and a highly priced distilled liquor known as Daylight . A clear, light golden, strong spirit, with a woody aroma, with hints of honey, ginger, and citrus. The city is also known as the source of another less reputable substance, a recreational drug commonly referred to as "muck" . Nobody really knows how it is produced or who is behind it, only that authorities have been able to trace it back to this coastal city. Local authorities do not seem very worried, but religious authorities have taken an interest in the matter. These days, the city is celebrating the Harvest Moon Festival, a week-long celebration that welcomes travelers, merchants, and officials from all over the country to share food, drink, and more importantly, close the many trading deals that ensure most of the city's yearly earnings. Most citizens open up their homes to provide all types of lodgings for travelers and friends during the festivities, a sign of good luck for the next harvest, and extra coin. It's the first day of the festival and a group of adventurers is slowly gathering by the main square, still unaware of each other's presence and the role they will play in this story. They've come to trade, celebrate, provide security for their employers, entertain the merry folk, and even try to pick a pocket or two if luck so allows. Yet something is brewing beneath the jovial atmosphere that fills the city, and a secret that could change it forever is about to be revealed.  I'll update this post as needed in case (or if I forgot something :P). Hope y'all can make it! :D :D :D :D
Dang, that sounds awesome 👏🏻 I’m so in!! I’ll DM!!
Hi all! I've sent all the info to signup, join the campaign and the discord channels to almost all players. There are a couple in the 18:00 slot that I haven't been able to match here. Please PM me to confirm and send you everything to set up your character for the game. As of now, we still have one slot open for the 10:00hrs and the 18:00hrs games so you can still join!
I would love to join, I'm a semi new player looking for a campaign!
Stephen L. said: I would love to join, I'm a semi new player looking for a campaign! Yeah, we still got a few slots open. I just sent you a PM :)
I would like to join! I'm a new player,seen some streams and wanted to join in the fun!
ghost said: I would like to join! I'm a new player,seen some streams and wanted to join in the fun! Sweet. I just sent you a link via PM.
If you have room for more I would like to get in as well I have some experience with 5e and quite a bit with Pathfinder 1e
Tyler R. said: If you have room for more I would like to get in as well I have some experience with 5e and quite a bit with Pathfinder 1e Check your PMs for the signup link :)
Hey! total newbie here. I'd like to join this game and see how it goes
Rachel A. said: Hey! total newbie here. I'd like to join this game and see how it goes Hi Rachel, I just sent you some info to join via PM. Hope you see this before tomorrow :P
I'm interested in fridays.  Sign me up please.
Jacob G. said: I'm interested in fridays.  Sign me up please. Hi Jacob, we're running test games tomorrow and Sunday. If you'd like to join, shoot me a PM and I'll send you the sign up link.
Hi! I'm an experienced player with 5e, loved to learn more about the setting, maybe give a shot. I have some characters in mind but I'd like to see which one would work better for the setting and the story you're trying to craft.  I speak English, y también hablo Español.