Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Whisper everything to gm?

I'm looking for a quick and easy way to make it so that anything that would normally be posted to chat publicly would instead be converted into a whisper to the GM. Between games i'm working on stuff and sometimes this means messages are thrown to the chat which if my players looked back through would give stuff away and as you can't edit the chat other then to delete it all i want to be able to set something which just changes any accidental public chat messages to whispers while i'm doing prep but that i can turn off during games? Is this possible without screwing up other APIs, macros and such? Thanks in advance
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If you are testing API commands/reactions, there's no easy way. If you're just testing macros. Turn talktomyself (/talktomyself) mode on; same command to turn it off again once you're done (or just close the session).
One way would be to use the Copy Game function and make a copy of your game, add your API scripts, and test in the copy. Once your testing is complete, move your finished work to the real game.
grand, cheers guys they're both handy suggestions, wish roll20 would make chat editing possible or at least have a "clear todays chat log option"