Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFDM][Paid][D&D5e] Looking for a paid DM for a group of 5-6+ players

In search of a professional  5e DM.  We are a group of 45-55 year old guys. Most of us haven't played since AD&D and 2E in the 1980s and 1990s. We would like to have a one shot with you to see if we click (we would like to pay $20/hour for the one shot but this is negotiable). We would ideally like to find a DM for a regular weekly or biweekly game. (we would negotiate a higher rate of pay at this point, but we are far more interested in having a good time than saving a few bucks.).   We are all drinkers but noone will be getting sloppy drunk. "Troupes" welcome.
Smythology
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi, when are you wanting to get started? I've been DMing for about 13 years out of the 14 years I've been playing D&D. I currently run a weekly paid game and occasionally run paid one shots. I am currently working on a pirate themed campaign I hope to be running by the end of summer, but have plans to run a third long term campaign beginning at the end of the year. If pirates aren't your thing I can start up a custom campaign with you guys. While I currently run 1-2 games a week I can only add another biweekly at the moment. So if we started up I could fit you in twice a month. Sessions I run typically last between 4-6 hours but I'm no stranger to running 8-10 hour sessions when the session is really great or we are pushing to finish a big arc. I too enjoy drinking while playing but never have more than a few beers when on the clock, but so long as you are all capable of playing your characters I don't mind what you imbibe. I like to provide my players with a large Lore Compendium. While we could run a module if we run in my homebrew setting you'll get access to a customized lore file with information on world history, kingdoms, useful maps, all NPCs met, average prices, session write ups, etc. Every so often I also like to surprise the party with a digital portrait drawn of our adventures! I have plans to stream my games in the future but as of right now am only recording the voice and maps for future use. If you'd like to see what a sample lore compendium looks like let me know. I'm currently quarantined until mid June and have plenty of time to start planning another long term game.
Sent you a PM. 
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring here. I'm a full-time professional DM specializing in 5e, so I've got the expertise to help you adjust to the newest edition. Whether you want to run a written adventure or something a little more bespoke, I've got you covered. Can't wait to dive into some more details with you, and thanks for your consideration!
Just to be clear, we are not going to be getting drunk.  This is not intended to be a happy hour dungeons and dragons session.  Just some high school buddies trying to recapture a little bit of their youth.
My name is Ino, I am a professional DM, I have over 28 years experience behind the screen. My first session with you will be free, and if we decided if we are good fit we can continue. I have 15 sessions a week, 12 of them paid sessions, I have over 1200 hours on roll20 with 70% of that being paid games or paid session prep. I specialize in taking over groups (I have done this plenty of times) and would love to work with you all, so please let me have an interview with either you or your group and I am sure we will be able to work it out both time, sessions and vibe wise, send me a PM and I will give you my discord. 
PM sent
Hello, Chris!&nbsp; I have been seeking to fill slots for one-shots and short-term campaigns over my summer break (I am a teacher). I currently have Thursday evenings open.&nbsp; Info below about a campaign option, a youtube demo of my play-style, technology, and payrate.&nbsp; Thanks! About the DM: &nbsp; I have been running games for about two years, with two consistent paid-campaigns (Saltmarsh and Exandria) and regular one-shots on an Adventurer's league Discord server.&nbsp; As a community-theatre actor, I am not afraid to bring in a character voice from time to time (including animals, hags, mushrooms...).&nbsp; I attempt to keep as close as possible to RAW rulings for consistency and enjoy creating scenarios to inspire creative role-play, challenging encounters, and exploration of mysterious new locations.&nbsp; I also run a weekly D&amp;D club for 7 and 8th graders, so I am definitely experienced in running for newer players (or players looking to jump editions). Here is a demo of my play-style:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXn58I9GmVo&amp;feature=youtu.be" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXn58I9GmVo&amp;feature=youtu.be</a> Campaign Details: &nbsp;*I also offer a number of 2 to 4 hour one-shots upon request. Oases of Obarakh: Black Sands Synopsis :&nbsp; Black Sands is set in my own homebrew world of the Endless Desert, which is a thematic mix of "the Goonies" meets "Moana" meets "Tatooine."&nbsp;&nbsp; Special considerations : For this campaign, you are not limited to the racial modifiers of standard 5e.&nbsp; For example, you could be a half-orc with +2 to intelligence and +1 to charisma.&nbsp; You may also opt to use the psionics subclasses recently published in Unearthed Arcana. Pay-rate: Pay-rate would be $20 per hour for a three-hour session, payable through Paypal, which would compensate me for the time running as well as preparation time used to tailor the world and story to your characters, and out-of-game support. (Price subject to change depending on unique requirements of your group, such as unique hours or low numbers of players) This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $20 (minimum) per hour to be paid via paypal, weekly. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.
Hi Chris! I have been running games for 25 years across many editions of D&amp;D (as well as many other systems). I have been running games via Roll20 for 3 years, and have an intimate understanding of its workings.&nbsp; I have a theater and creative writing background, and have been noted for such work in the past in arts magazines and blogs. I bring this experience and skillset to all of my games. I’m happy to provide you will links to my non-gaming work on request. I enjoy role-playing and creative problem solving in my games, and love a sense of exploration of the unknown and mystery in my games.&nbsp; For D&amp;D 5E, I prefer RAW rulings for game consistency and balance. If players are open to altering an official module, I am happy to add additional content to develop the existing material. I currently run an “enhanced” version of Curse of Strahd meant to extend the content into a much larger and richer campaign. I am also happy to run one-shots for a group who is just beginning to explore gaming again or wants to become more familiar with play via Roll20.&nbsp; All my games are inclusive to all players, and my campaigns feature a brief questionnaire during Session Zero to ensure all players are respected and comfortable. I offer other game related services for my consistent players, such as creation of an campaign journal for them to Currently, I am open to weekly or bi-weekly games. Pay-rate: Pay-rate is $20 per hour for a three-hour session, payable through Paypal. This exists to compensate me for the time DMing, as well as pre-game preparation and out-of-game support (via Discord). Game Pricing is subject to change in cases where players are seeking longer sessions, campaign customization, or unique hours. This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $20 (minimum) per hour to be paid via paypal, weekly. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.
Hey Chris I'm Kelgtar, I love to DM and I would love to be you guys their DM. I offer you a $10 per player per session, so not by hour to run a game. Let me know if you are interested. I am open to weekly or bi-weekly or monthly games.