Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Recycle Bin for the Journal/Selecting Multiple Journal Entries

Score + 187
Accidentally deleted all of my players' character sheets tonight instead of an obsolete folder. I would've just archived the whole folder if that was an option, which would've saved my ass. Seriously, why isn't this a feature yet?
This 100% needs to be a feature. +1
+1
I've deleted the folder, but not the content, by mistake, now i have to manualy delete all the item 1 by 1.  Why this is not a feature? Like who is in charge of this thing and why didnt he/she did it yet? And why he/she is not fired yet?
+1. having to delete hundreds of handouts cause of deleting the folder on accident, this is ridiculous.
I'm running into this with my current game.  I added a module because I wanted a few things from it, and now I have a ton of spam in the journal to sort through.  Can you fix this, please?

Edited 1605110235
Aye. I had something (Likely one of my many APIs) create HUUUUNNNNNDREDS of new "mysterious note" handouts.... and I'm having to go through them one by one. I'd also like to point out that this thread (and need) is THREE YEARS OLD and we still don't even have an ETA on something that, at least I would think, would be a base functionality? I definitely don't see myself continuing my Roll20 subscription if the community's needs get this little attention. Foundry, here I come! To stress how badly a base functionality like this is needed, this is a screenshot of where the generic handouts *start*.... it's handouts and turtles aaaaaallllll the way down. Notice the scroll bar. This is hours of work.

Edited 1605120615
The Storyteller
Sheet Author
It's not gonna happen guys. Devs won't do it based on how the whole site is set up. I've moved onto another platform that works a lot better for me and keeps all my campaign files comprehensively organized with folders that are actual folders, instead of just pointless tags. The best that will happen is someone will care enough to write an API script to try and do this very basic function. Don't count on the devs to touch it.
Agnati said:  I'd also like to point out that this thread (and need) is THREE YEARS OLD and we still don't even have an ETA on something that, at least I would think, would be a base functionality? I definitely don't see myself continuing my Roll20 subscription if the community's needs get this little attention. Minor correction: this thread is in fact over five years old.
+1 for this feature although it's pretty obviously not on roll20's radar, for some reason
5 years later...

Edited 1615756193
After 5 years there is no option to mass delete several elements? there is only the possibility of 1 by 1? 
Rober M. said: After 5 years there is no option to mass delete several elements? there is only the possibility of 1 by 1?  If you put them all in a folder, you can then delete the folder with contents. Otherwise, no.

Edited 1615769352
:S it is completely absurd that you can't delete objects en masse if they are not in a folder... After 5 years there is no option to mass delete several elements? there is only the possibility of 1 by 1? After 5 years there is no option to mass delete several elements? there is only the possibility of 1 by 1?
Made my own thread for this a little bit ago because I didn't see much on it on the forums. Would like to add my support to the pile of recycle bin requests. Something something wanted for five years
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
I think the roll20 devs have either decided that universal QoL improvements are not worth it to their userbase or for some reason think that the "dev response" (which was not in fact a response, but rather a post about a completely separate issue/feature) has solved the problem once and for all . After 6 years, I'm about ready to hang the "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" sign on this thread.
+1 The only dead thread I justify resurrecting. Bulk deleting of objects in journal and macros and roll tables in collections needs to be added. There are 3 pages of people on this thread that want this feature. You'd think they'd realize this is really, really wanted.
+1 Trying to keep this alive
I don't know when it was updated, but it is indeed possible to delete a folder and it's content now. Still adding my +1 to this for the multiple deletion of things where you don't want to delete the entire folder. I just sat down for an hour to clean up my Art Library and put all the uploads into folders, and oh man, that was a bloody pain to do one item at a time...
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
+1 using folders to organize "folders" in the journal tab in the way a file browser works. You can delete the folder currently, or move it around. But if deleted, all the contents move to the top "folder"/layer whatever in the journal. Deleting an entire folder and it's contents, or archiving them would be great. Or group selecting a bunch of files to move into a folder.
+1
+1 need to select multiple handouts for deletion
Daniel S. said: You can delete the folder currently, or move it around. But if deleted, all the contents move to the top "folder"/layer whatever in the journal. Deleting an entire folder and it's contents, or archiving them would be great. Deleting a folder plus contents is supported by right clicking on a folder and then selecting 'Deleting Folders and its contents'
What madness hath possesed yea developers to yet finish this work? Have you no shame!! +1 plz plz
Even though we can delete them in folders, an option to tick a box on those you want to delete and then do so would be nice indeed.