Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5E character sheet - how to integrate reroll 1's/2's for sword damage?

As the subject notes...How to I integrate reroll 1's/2's for sword damage on a 5E character sheet? I cannot find anywhere on the sheet to update the damage as such a macro.

Edited 1590458651
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
It is just a basic way you do macros.&nbsp; If you have a weapon that does 3d6, you should be able to enter 3d6r1 where you enter damage.&nbsp; That tells it to reroll all 1s, and there will never be a 1 as part of the math again.&nbsp; If you mouse over the result, it will show any 1s, but they will be greyed out.&nbsp; If it is only supposed to reroll the first but keep a 1 if that is the second roll, you would enter that as 3d6ro1. Edit:&nbsp; A good place to look for stuff like this is the dice reference page.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference</a>
With Kraynic's answer, that means if you edit the weapon on the sheet, by mousing over the weapon attack and pressing the cog wheel, you can put in 3d6r1 instead of 3d6 to always reroll 1s in the damage field.&nbsp;
Thanks. I'm guessing I need something like r&lt;2 for 1's and 2's, right?

Edited 1590506298
mrianmerry
Pro
Sheet Author
Yeah that'll get you rerollings 1s and 2s. But it'll also keep re-rolling them, as you can see here: (also wow, fantastic dice rolls!) I tried adding `ro&lt;2` but it still appeared to be re-rolling all 1s and 2s, so it might be a little tricky. Looking through the dice reference Kraynic linked, it should work, but it doesn't appear to function as intended: I checked with 5d10ro&lt;9 and the function allows as many rerolls as initial dice thrown: so for your 3d6 it will allow up to 3 rerolls and no more, which kind of works but it's also lazy and wrong. You may be better served by manually re-rolling.

Edited 1590506995
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
It does the reroll once.&nbsp; When using reroll, it will roll the dice in order.&nbsp; The 1 gets rerolled and becomes a 6.&nbsp; The next die comes up 2 and gets rerolled as a 7.&nbsp; The next is an 8, so isn't rerolled. And so on... You need to keep rolling until it gets a 1 or 2 on the reroll to see that it actually does keep a 1 or 2 if that is what came up on the reroll.&nbsp; I just tested [[6d6ro&lt;2]] to be sure that was the behavior.&nbsp; It took a few rolls (I should have used 1d4 for easier testing), but it rerolled a 2 into another 2 that was kept as part of the final calculation. Edit:&nbsp; Maybe I misunderstood the question, but I thought I understood the mechanic in the OP to be each die gets rerolled?&nbsp; If it is reroll until you don't have 1s or 2s, then the r&lt;2 will work.&nbsp; Even the reroll once (in games I have played anyway) applies to each die within the roll.&nbsp; How is this lazy and wrong?
I'm trying to re-roll all 1's and 2's only once for each one. is that with ro&lt;2?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes, if it is just supposed to reroll a 1 or 2, but keep a 1 or 2 if that showed up on the reroll, then the ro&lt;2 is what you want.