Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Does anyone know if this API is still supported?

Hiya, new to the API functions, and have been following some videos highlighting the function of a few handy ones. This one :&lt;script src="<a href="https://gist.github.com/finalfrog/124f67ad84204546caf16fffd84115e4.js&quot;&gt;&lt;/script" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/finalfrog/124f67ad84204546caf16fffd84115e4.js"&gt;&lt;/script</a>&gt; Is the first one I have encountered where I could not get it fixed via my own tinkering. Does anyone know if this is a lost cause, because it just isn't supported, or is broken, or am I simply doing something wrong, thank you.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Here's the version of that script that I use: /* ************ TELEPORTING SCRIPT V3 ************************ * The intention of this script is to allow the DM to teleport * one or all characters to a location based on a token placed * on the DM layer of the map. * To activate the script, type "!tp " and add the name * of the teleport location (must not contrain spaces) and then * the name of the party member to teleport there. They must be * seperated by commas. If you want all to teleport, type all. * ie. !tp teleport01, all - teleports all players to teleport01 * * AUTOTELEPORTING: (Command !atp) This feature allows you to place a token on * One square (for example stairs) and it will auto move a token * to the linked location and back again should you choose. * Linked locations need to be tokens placed on the GMLayer. * Naming conventions: * Two way doors: XXXXXXXX2A, XXXXXXXXX2B * Three way dooes: XXXXXXXX3A, XXXXXXXXX3B, XXXXXXXXX3C * (in the case of one way doors, dont create a 3C) * This system can handle up to 9 way doors (9I max). ****************************************************************/ on("ready", function() { log("&gt;&gt; Itialized Auto Teleport - V 1.0"); LoadSettings () CreateMacro_Emote () CreateMacro_FX () CreateMacro_TP () sendChat("System","/w gm Auto Teleport Loaded - [Click Here](!tp help) or type !tp help for commands.") }); var Teleporter = Teleporter || {}; function sendHelp () { var finalMessage = "/w gm &amp;{template:default} {{name=Teleport Commands !tp help}}"+ "{{[Auto]\n!tp atp=[Toggle](!tp atp) ["+Teleporter.AUTOTELEPORTER+"]\n Automatic teleporting}}"+ "{{[Ping]\n!tp ptp=[Toggle](!tp ptp) ["+Teleporter.PINGTELEPORTER+"]\n Ping on teleport}}"+ "{{[FX]\n!tp fx=[Toggle](!tp fx) ["+Teleporter.FXTELEPORTER+"]\n "+Teleporter.FXTYPE+"}}"+ "{{[Emote]\n!tp etp=[Toggle](!tp etp) ["+Teleporter.EMOTETELEPORTER+"]\n "+Teleporter.EMOTE+"}}"+ "{{setfx\nMacro=#tp-fx\n Change the FX.}}"+ "{{setemote\nMacro=#tp-emote\n Change the emote.}}"+ "{{[Teleport]\n!tp [t],[p]\n!tp [t],all=Where t is the name of target token to teleport to on the GM layer and p is each player token name seperated by commas or 'all' to teleport everyone.}}"+ "{{Setup=[How To](!tp setup)}}" sendChat("", finalMessage); } function sendHelp_Setup () { var setupMessage = "/w gm &amp;{template:default} {{name=Setup}}"+ "{{Setup=To set up auto teleporting you must create objects on the GM layer with identical name except for the last 2 characters. For this example XXXXX2A and XXXXX2B, this indicates a two way system and links between A and B. If you want to create a 3 way system it becomes 3A, 3B, and 3C and so on teleporting players to each node in sequence. Up to 9 teleports are supported for a system.}}"+ "{{Switches=You can flag teleport tokens on the GM layer with status markers to disable individual effects.}}"+ "{{Red X=Disables the teleporter}}"+ "{{Purple=Disables FX}}"+ "{{Pink=Disables Emotes}}"+ "{{Yellow=Disables Ping}}" sendChat("", setupMessage); } function CreateMacro_Emote () { macro = findObjs({ _type: 'macro', name: 'tp-emote' })[0]; if(!macro) { players = findObjs({ _type: 'player' }); gms = _.filter(players, player =&gt; { return playerIsGM(player.get('_id')); }); _.each(gms, gm =&gt; { createObj('macro', { _playerid: gm.get('_id'), name: 'tp-emote', action: '!tp setemote, ?{Emote}', istokenaction: false }); }); } } function CreateMacro_FX () { macro = findObjs({ _type: 'macro', name: 'tp-fx' })[0]; if(!macro) { players = findObjs({ _type: 'player' }); gms = _.filter(players, player =&gt; { return playerIsGM(player.get('_id')); }); _.each(gms, gm =&gt; { createObj('macro', { _playerid: gm.get('_id'), name: 'tp-fx', action: '!tp setfx, ?{Emote}', istokenaction: false }); }); } } function CreateMacro_TP () { var tp_macro = (findObjs({ _type: 'macro', name: 'teleport' })[0]||createObj('macro',{name:'teleport'})); var tp_all_macro = (findObjs({ _type: 'macro', name: 'teleport-all' })[0]||createObj('macro',{name:'teleport-all'})); //find the objects on the GM layer var gmObjs = findObjs({ _pageid: Campaign().get("playerpageid"), _type: "graphic", layer: "gmlayer", }); var tp_objs = ""; _.each(gmObjs, function(obj) { if (obj.get("name") !== ""){ tp_objs += "|" + obj.get("name"); } }); var tp_macro_action = '!tp ?{Teleport to?' + tp_objs + '}, @{target|token_name}'; var tp_all_macro_action = '!tp ?{Teleport to?' + tp_objs + '}, all'; players = findObjs({ _type: 'player' }); gms = _.filter(players, player =&gt; { return playerIsGM(player.get('_id')); }); if (tp_objs.length !== 0) { if(!tp_macro) { _.each(gms, gm =&gt; { createObj('macro', { _playerid: gm.get('_id'), name: 'teleport', action: tp_macro_action, istokenaction: false }); }); sendChat("System","/w gm Macro Created &gt; #teleport"); } else { tp_macro.set('action', tp_macro_action); } if(!tp_all_macro) { _.each(gms, gm =&gt; { createObj('macro', { _playerid: gm.get('_id'), name: 'teleport-all', action: tp_all_macro_action, istokenaction: false }); }); sendChat("System","/w gm Macro Created &gt; #teleport-all"); } else { tp_all_macro.set('action', tp_all_macro_action); } } else { tp_all_macro.set('action', '/w gm No teleport locations on this map!'); tp_macro.set('action', '/w gm No teleport locations on this map!'); } } function LoadSettings () { TeleportSettings = findObjs({ type: "character", name: "TeleportSettings" })[0]; if (!TeleportSettings) { log("&gt;&gt; Auto Teleport -&gt; No token settings detected, initializing token default settings.") Teleporter.AUTOTELEPORTER = true; //Set to true if you want teleports to be linked Teleporter.EMOTETELEPORTER = true; //Set to true if you want teleporters to emote Teleporter.PINGTELEPORTER = true; //Set to true if you want teleporters to emote Teleporter.FXTELEPORTER = true; //Set to true if you want teleporters with fx Teleporter.EMOTE = "vanishes into thin air"; //Set the emote to use Teleporter.FXTYPE = "burn-smoke"; //Set the emote to use CharacterSettings = createObj("character", { name: "TeleportSettings" }); createObj('attribute', { name: 'AutoTeleport', current: true, characterid: CharacterSettings.id }); createObj('attribute', { name: 'Emote', current: true, characterid: CharacterSettings.id }); createObj('attribute', { name: 'Ping', current: true, characterid: CharacterSettings.id }); createObj('attribute', { name: 'FX', current: true, characterid: CharacterSettings.id }); createObj('attribute', { name: 'EmoteString', current: "vanishes into thin air", characterid: CharacterSettings.id }); createObj('attribute', { name: 'FXType', current: 'burn-smoke', characterid: CharacterSettings.id }); } else { Teleporter.AUTOTELEPORTER = getAttrByName(TeleportSettings.id, 'AutoTeleport') Teleporter.EMOTETELEPORTER = getAttrByName(TeleportSettings.id, 'Emote') Teleporter.PINGTELEPORTER = getAttrByName(TeleportSettings.id, 'Ping') Teleporter.FXTELEPORTER = getAttrByName(TeleportSettings.id, 'FX') Teleporter.EMOTE = getAttrByName(TeleportSettings.id, 'EmoteString') Teleporter.FXTYPE = getAttrByName(TeleportSettings.id, 'FXType') } } function UpdateSettings () { TeleportSettings = findObjs({ type: "character", name: "TeleportSettings" })[0]; var atp = findObjs({_type: "attribute",name: "AutoTeleport",_characterid: TeleportSettings.id})[0]; var etp = findObjs({_type: "attribute",name: "Emote",_characterid: TeleportSettings.id})[0]; var ptp = findObjs({_type: "attribute",name: "Ping",_characterid: TeleportSettings.id})[0]; var emote = findObjs({_type: "attribute",name: "EmoteString",_characterid: TeleportSettings.id})[0]; var fx = findObjs({_type: "attribute",name: "FX",_characterid: TeleportSettings.id})[0]; var fxtype = findObjs({_type: "attribute",name: "FXType",_characterid: TeleportSettings.id})[0]; atp.set('current', Teleporter.AUTOTELEPORTER); etp.set('current', Teleporter.EMOTETELEPORTER); ptp.set('current', Teleporter.PINGTELEPORTER); fx.set('current', Teleporter.FXTELEPORTER); emote.set('current', Teleporter.EMOTE); fxtype.set('current', Teleporter.FXTYPE); } function ToggleSettings (tset) { switch (tset) { case "atp": if ( Teleporter.AUTOTELEPORTER === true) { Teleporter.AUTOTELEPORTER = false; } else { Teleporter.AUTOTELEPORTER = true; } break; case "etp": if ( Teleporter.EMOTETELEPORTER === true) { Teleporter.EMOTETELEPORTER = false; } else { Teleporter.EMOTETELEPORTER = true; } break; case "ptp": if ( Teleporter.PINGTELEPORTER === true) { Teleporter.PINGTELEPORTER = false; } else { Teleporter.PINGTELEPORTER = true; } break; case "fx": if ( Teleporter.FXTELEPORTER === true) { Teleporter.FXTELEPORTER = false; } else { Teleporter.FXTELEPORTER = true; } break; } UpdateSettings() sendHelp() } on('change:campaign:playerpageid', function(campaign) { var currMap = getObj('page', campaign.get('playerpageid')); CreateMacro_TP() }); Teleporter.Teleport = function (CharName, TargetName) { "use strict"; var LocX = 0; var LocY = 0; //find the target location var location = findObjs({ _type: "graphic", layer: "gmlayer", //target location MUST be on GM layer name: TargetName }); if (location.length === 0) { return; //exit if invalid target location } // Get the page ID of the triggering object. var targetPageID = location[0].get('pageid'); LocX = location[0].get("left"); LocY = location[0].get("top"); //if all are indicated, it lists all //finds all tokens with the name var targets = findObjs({ _pageid: targetPageID, _type: "graphic" }); //Move characters to target location _.each(targets, function(obj) { //Only player tokens if (CharName === "all") { if (obj.get("represents") !== "") { log("Setting all"); if (Teleporter.FXTELEPORTER === true) { spawnFx(obj.get("left"), obj.get("top"), Teleporter.FXTYPE, targetPageID); } if (Teleporter.PINGTELEPORTER === true) { sendPing(LocX, LocY, targetPageID, null, true); } obj.set("left", LocX + 1); obj.set("top", LocY); } } else { if (obj.get("name").indexOf(CharName) !== -1 &amp;&amp; obj.get("layer") !== "gmlayer") { if (obj.get("represents") !== "") { if (Teleporter.FXTELEPORTER === true) { spawnFx(obj.get("left"), obj.get("top"), Teleporter.FXTYPE, targetPageID); } if (Teleporter.PINGTELEPORTER === true) { sendPing(LocX, LocY, targetPageID, null, true); } obj.set("left", LocX + 1); obj.set("top", LocY); } } } }); }; on("chat:message", function(msg) { "use strict"; var cmdName = "!tp "; if (msg.type === "api" &amp;&amp; msg.content.indexOf(cmdName) !== -1 &amp;&amp; playerIsGM(msg.playerid)) { var cleanedMsg = msg.content.replace(cmdName, ""); var commands = cleanedMsg.split(", "); var targetName = commands[0]; switch (targetName){ case "atp": ToggleSettings("atp"); break; case "etp": ToggleSettings("etp"); break; case "ptp": ToggleSettings("ptp"); break; case "fx": ToggleSettings("fx"); break; case "help": sendHelp() break; case "setup": sendHelp_Setup() break; case "setfx": log("&gt;&gt; Set Teleport FX To: "+commands[1]) Teleporter.FXTYPE = commands[1]; UpdateSettings() sendHelp() break; case "setemote": log("&gt;&gt; Set Teleport Emote To: "+commands[1]) Teleporter.EMOTE = commands[1]; UpdateSettings() sendHelp() break; default: var i = 1; while ( i &lt; commands.length ) { Teleporter.Teleport(commands[i], targetName); i = i + 1; } break; } } }); var findContains = function(obj,layer){ "use strict"; var cx = obj.get('left'), cy = obj.get('top'); if(obj) { layer = layer || 'gmlayer'; return _.chain(findObjs({ _pageid: obj.get('pageid'), _type: "graphic", layer: layer })) .reduce(function(m,o){ var l=o.get('left'), t=o.get('top'), w=o.get('width'), h=o.get('height'), ol=l-(w/2), or=l+(w/2), ot=t-(h/2), ob=t+(h/2); if( ol &lt;= cx &amp;&amp; cx &lt;= or &amp;&amp; ot &lt;= cy &amp;&amp; cy &lt;= ob ){ m.push(o); } return m; },[]) .value(); } return []; }; on("change:graphic", function(obj) { "use strict"; // Get the page ID of the triggering object. var currentPageID = obj.get('pageid'); if(obj.get("layer") === "gmlayer" || obj.get("layer") === "map") { return; //Don't trigger if it's an object on the gm or map layer. } if (Teleporter.AUTOTELEPORTER === false) { return; //Exit if auto Teleport is disabled } /* To use this system, you need to name two Teleportation locations the same * with only an A and B distinction. For instance Teleport01A and Teleport01B * will be linked together. When a token gets on one location, it will be * Teleported to the other automatically */ //Finds the current teleportation location var CurrName = ""; var location = findContains(obj,'gmlayer'); if (location.length === 0) { return; } //Don't teleport if marked dead (with an X) if(location[0].get('status_dead')) { return; } CurrName = location[0].get("name"); var Letters = ["A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", "G", "H", "I", "J", "K", "L"]; //Number of doors in the cycle (second to last character) var doorCount = CurrName.substr(CurrName.length - 2, 1); //Current Letter of the Door var currDoor = CurrName.substr(CurrName.length - 1, 1); //Finds the pair location and moves target to that location var i = 0; if( CurrName.match(/^R:/) ) { i = randomInteger(doorCount)-1; } else { i = Letters.indexOf(currDoor); if (i === doorCount - 1) { i = 0; } else { i = i + 1; } } var NewName = CurrName.substr(0,CurrName.length - 2) + doorCount + Letters[i]; var NewX = 0; var NewY = 0; var newLocation = findObjs({ _pageid: currentPageID, _type: "graphic", layer: "gmlayer", //target location MUST be on GM layer name: NewName }); _.each(newLocation, function(Loc){ //Get the new Location NewX = Loc.get("left"); NewY = Loc.get("top"); }); if (NewX === 0 ) { return; } if (Teleporter.EMOTETELEPORTER === true &amp;&amp; !location[0].get('status_pink')) { //Display an emote when vanishing sendChat(obj.get("name"), "/e "+Teleporter.EMOTE); } if (Teleporter.PINGTELEPORTER === true &amp;&amp; !location[0].get('status_yellow')) { sendPing(NewX, NewY, currentPageID, null, true); } if (Teleporter.FXTELEPORTER === true &amp;&amp; !location[0].get('status_purple')) { spawnFx(obj.get("left"), obj.get("top"), Teleporter.FXTYPE, currentPageID); } obj.set("left", NewX); obj.set("top", NewY); });
The Aaron, thanks so much, it just works, simple as that, you're amazing, cheers.