Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] - how to import a excel table as a Rollable Table

I can't seem to be able to find easy to use instructions as to how I turn my 875 line Excel file into a Rollable Table. What API or combo of API's do I need? I have !RT already installed. Each line of the table will be weighted equally. And what would the syntax of the command line look like?

Edited 1590521426
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's a script called Table Import/Export that is perfect for this. You would need to add another column in your excel file, to get the format you need for it. Then copy that column and paste it into chat, and the script will create the table.
What does the second column consist of? The item weight?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In tables, yes, items need a weight. But that's not what I was thinking of. For every row in your table, you need to enter a script command that looks something like !import-table-item --haircolor --Brown --3 In the above command, it is adding a row to the rollable table named haircolor: it is adding the item: Brown, with weight: 3. You also first need to create a table, which would look like !import-table --haircolor --hide This creates  a table called haircolor, and tells the script not to print any responses for that table to chat. So a table with three entries could be created like !import-table --haircolor --hide !import-table-item --haircolor --Black --4 !import-table-item --haircolor --Brown --3 !import-table-item --haircolor --Red --1 Now in your excel sheet, assuming you have every item in a separate row: lets say row 1 holds your titles, and column A has the Item Name, Column B the weight. You'd add a third column for your table output. Make C2 the following: =" !import-table-item --TABLENAME --" & a2 & " --" & b2 Replace TABLENAME with whatever you want your table to be called. Then just fill down your entire set of rows, and you have a set of commands ready to be copied and pasted into chat. You just need the table creation line. Add that to C1 !import-table --TABLENAME --hide And thats it, you can just copy the entire column and paste it into roll20. I've never done it with a table of 800+ items, so you might want to start with a small amount, and paste bits at a time. Or just go for it and let us know how it goes.
Here is an example of what I'm trying to post. That's a copy and paste from excel. But doesn't seem to do anything. The rollable table is called Tavern-name. I'm at a lost as to how to get this to work. The rest of the table entries do not have the -- in front of the text. Hopefully I don't need to edit 870+ lines of data or else I'm better off just spending the hours and just copy and paste. Painful!! EDIT: I think I've figured this out. Need a few minutes still to confirm... !import-table-item --Tavern-name --The Bard's Tale Tavern --1
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Have you created the table first? I wonder if the apostrophe is messing things up. Try an entry which doesnt have any special characters like quotes or apostrophes in.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've just tested table creation with apostrophes in the name, and a table with a dash in the name, and they worked fine.  Maybe the copy / paste is adding non-standard characters representing the column breaks and its messing things up., Follow my suggestion a couple of posts up to create a single column which contains the full entry. 
We cross posted a bit. I now understand your excel column creation trick.  Here are the first three entries in the column I'm copying over into Roll20.  !import-table --Tavern --hide !import-table-item --Tavern --The Bard's Tale Tavern --1 !import-table-item --Tavern --The Bard's Trousers --1 I think I crashed the API because of a couple of minor issues I had with the data. I was bashing my head against the keyboard until I figured out that API needed to be restarted. Now it works. That was a huge help. All 853 lines are now in the table. Plus I know how to do it again!! Huge thank you!!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's great!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Cool!  Minor correction, the --hide sets whether a table is listed in the collections tab for players. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ahh thanks. I just used my old notes, I guess I didnt store them correctly :)