Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't Select Vertical Lines in Dynamic Lighting Layer

I was making a darkness orb for a boss battle in a game this weekend on the Dungeon of the Mad Mage Module. It was working great, from the outside it looked like a sphere of darkness, and from the inside PCs could only see the square they were on due to crisscrossing lines inside the circle of darkness.  The issue is when I tried to move it the vertical lines didn't group. Now I'm trying to move them but can't select them at all. Tried max zoom. Tried drag-select, tried refreshing but they just won't get selected and I can't move or delete them. As is the boss battle room is semi-ruined and doesn't make sense because vertical lines of darkness dissect the room so it's not really playable. Don't want to clear all drawings because the map is huge and it would take hours to replace every line.  Is there any way to fix this at all?

Edited 1590678070
When trying to select a line wider is better but since you can't select it you can't set it  You could use the key combo CTRL+A to select everything on the layer. Then set the line width for all to Max.
Draw a square on it with the select tool, that will light it up.  Don’t grab any walls though.
Axecleft said: When trying to select a line wider is better but since you can't select it you can't set it  You could use the key combo CTRL+A to select everything on the layer. Then set the line width for all to Max. This worked! You have saved the boss battle my friend!
I had the same issue a year ago. I had a large map with lots of DL lines. I realised the map was slightly off grid after I finished DL so I repositioned the map and did the drag a box around all the DL lines......when I moved them to line up with the map only half had been selected. It took me a few hours to figure out how to grab the lines to move them.