Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sunday Night 6:00 PM CDT 5E Modified to Reflect OSR

Looking for one or two more (present group is four) players who are  mature and RELIABLE . The game is stripped down version of 5E (most purest would say it's Not 5E). It uses many elements of earlier D&D versions where the players are not like characters in a video game and so overpowered that Death is nearly impossible. The rules used here make for a quick flowing exciting game where your turn comes around much quicker than in other versions because the game is streamlined. A Good Description of Your Action is Better than a Good Dice Roll. Here Role Play Replaces Roll Play. Characters are actually vulnerable, Death is actually a Possibility, and totally unrealistic rules to Generate better numbers are tossed aside. Join us if you Dare, but only if you can handle stepping away from the Numbers Game and Get Into the Role Play my character Game. This will NOT appeal to the video game generation, it's more likely to appeal to those who Played D&D many years ago, although New Players who love a challenge will embrace it. To save some time for those who are thinking about it,  I will mention that Character Ability Scores are Rolled In Order  so there will be a certain amount of Randomness to Character Creation. I Do Present a Game that is Paid Quality but as Always, is FREE! Those interested can post Something Here with their Age and any D&D experience they've had. Don't need any character information as you won't get to make any life decisions until you are born (the Randomness of the Gene Pool, you don't get to pick your parents). Thank you. -Ajax
Can you tell us more about what the stripped-down version looks like, and which editions these adjusted rules are mainly drawing inspiration from?  Randomly generated race, and ability scores rolled in order, are definitely interesting premises to start with. But I need a little more information about the game (besides it not being like a video game) to know if I'm interested.
i love role play but it is hard joining a game where the rules are not known. ive tried it before and the dm handed me their own modified phb... is this a similar situation where i wil be forced to learn what is essentially a totally new game?
Hello Ajax! My name is Sam (19yr), I'm looking to join a role-play / character-focused campaign. I am very adaptable and have always loved improv—both of which draw me to your random character creation style. I am a patient, cooperative, and reciprocating player who prioritizes a fun group experience.