Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Charactermancer and long rest

Is there a way to stop the Charactermancer from setting character HP and abilities to max upon leveling up? I track leveling by milestones, but those milestones frequently happen in the middle of adventures, and not always at places when the party will be able to long-rest. So I'd like to be able to level them up but without giving them the in-game benefit of a long rest.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think so. You can have them make notes of HP, spent resources and such and then have them adjust afterward. The easiest thing would be to say, "It requires a long rest to level up", which is the solution I use.
Yeah, I figured as much. Too bad. D&D Beyond lets you level up without long-resting. I'll probably just have them note their HP and spent resources. Thanks!