Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weapon attack damage being set to static 2

So I've noticed a lot of times that my players weapon attack damages and/or spell attack damages will get set to a static 2 (+ modifiers). It's extremely intermittent and I haven't been able to reproduce it at will, but after weeks of seeing that happen, I found that, at least for the two equipped items I saw on my 5e OGL sheets, in the MODS field for the whip, for instance, it would read "Item Type: Melee Weapon, Damage: 2, Damage Type: Slashing,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2,Melee Damage: 2" The easy answer is "disable all your APIs and turn them on one-by-one until you find the problem", but even with the 7 APIs I have installed, the problem is extremely intermittent and I do actually have a day job, so I can't test for days per API. I'm hoping I can list the APIs I run here and maybe others who have seen the issue can post theirs and maybe find a common denominator, unless someone knows that it's a Roll20 bug, that is. 5th ed OGL by roll20 TokenMod RecursiveTables TableExport 5eTrasureHoardGenerator MapLock GroupInitiative Hoping this will help someone or someone can help me or a little of both, Agnati
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If its being caused by an API script, the only one there that would do it is the first. None of the others make changes to character attributes.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
None of those APIs should present a problem like that and I can't recreate the issue myself either... how odd. Are you using any extensions that could be interfering with Roll20 at all?
I do have the VTT Enhancement suite running. I don't think  that would modify something like that, but I'm not positive. And it should be noted that this happens across both campaigns that I'm DMing. I'm joining a game as a player for the first time tonight, so I'll see if it happens there at any point as well.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
With a third party extension there is no telling what could be the cause, but it is usually safe to assume that the majority of unexpected behaviour could be attributed in that direction. Also, without disabling extensions there is no realistic support that Roll20, or the community, could provide...