Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll (and re-roll) to get only unique results

Hey all, I've wrestled and read and can't figure out if I'm missing something or it's just not there. I'd like to create a macro that uses the Query like: /roll [[?{How many?|1}d?{What kind?|20}]] which allows you to choose both the number and sides of the dice rolled, but with a variant of returning only unique values. For example: I want 4 results from a d20 with no repeated numbers. The roll modifiers on the dice reference page doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for, but perhaps I'm missing it? I tried searching elsewhere, with no useful answers (there is this which talks about using cards instead, but I want to do it with dice). Any pointers or directions appreciated, M
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You cant do this without a custom API script, which needs a Pro subscription.
Aha. Good to know, so I can stop looking. It's not vital, just a "that would be nice" type of thing. Thanks! M

Edited 1592101559
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It isn't what you're looking for, but the simple sort option: /roll ?{How many?|1}d?{What kind?|20}sd does give a much friendlier output when you need to manually pick dice out of bigger rolls.
That is nicer, thanks Oosh! M