Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Mandatory contact information for all sales and payments

Edited 1592138264
To promote fair competition, transparency and (not least) customer security, full contact information should be mandatory fort hose promoting sales in the marketplace, LFG-forum and Roll20 Marketplace & Creative Content-forum. Part of this is to fight online scams and tax fraud, but customers have an interest in (and a right to know) whom they are sending their money to. In addition, role players (and nerds in general) often have strong opinions about which companies and people they like to support (not least through crowdfunding) and which ones they want to avoid. They should not have to risk sending money to companies that they strongly disagree with. My suggestion is to provide the following information Name (personal or company) Address (email and/or phone number would be nice as well)
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
I doubt many creators are going to willingly give out their address or telephone numbers.
I'm not even a creator and I can tell you that I wouldn't give my address to anyone I don't already know or who isn't doing my banking. More importantly, an address could easily be fake and there is zero accountability or security gained from this information (even if it's truthful).  Admittedly I don't know how the creator system works very well, but I would imagine that most creators would want to link their websites and/or company names somewhere. But the information in your suggestion does not seem relevant to your end goal. However, I do agree with commercial entities being required to list their company name in sales.  Sorry, I just can't give this suggestion an upvote. Too much exposed information for the standard user, not the right information for companies.
Gold
Forum Champion
Paddy said:  I would imagine that most creators would want to link their websites and/or company names somewhere.  In the Marketplace, click on a Creator's name to see their Creator page: a collection of all their offerings (art packs) here, and includes a space where the artist may choose to put their social media, website, company, logo.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .