Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[The Portal Under the Stars] Game creation error

Johny R.
Sheet Author
Translator
Yesterday I bought the bundle "The Portal Under the Stars + DCC 0-level PC Tokens" but it is impossible to create a campaign using the module. The purchase is ok: But the module doesn't appear to choose when I try to create a new game and I have the following error if I try to select it from the market place list: And also if I try to see details of the module and tokens on my shopping page, I get a 404 error: Link of the page:&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/6054/the-portal-under-the-stars" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/6054/the-portal-under-the-stars</a> And of the tokens (with the same error):&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/5995/dcc-0-level-pc-tokens" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/5995/dcc-0-level-pc-tokens</a>
I bought this on June 14, and I'm having the exact same problem.
Johny R.
Sheet Author
Translator
Michael WK said: I bought this on June 14, and I'm having the exact same problem. This is bad. I'd like to use the module next weekend.
same problem&nbsp; im going to check on the goodman games discord
Johny R.
Sheet Author
Translator
Vega said: same problem&nbsp; im going to check on the goodman games discord When you have any information, please tell us. Thanks!
Yes, just bought it too.

Edited 1592393530
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Odd. I had no trouble crating a game with the module, and when I logged into the game, everything looked like I thought it should. Have you folks looked again today if it appears as a selectable module? (Or maybe it only works for me being a Forum Champion) Vega said: im going to check on the goodman games discord If Goodman Games contact Roll20, it might speed up resolving the issue, but only Roll20 can fix things. It seems Roll20 changed the page/link to the marketplace for the one-shot, as OP's link doesn't work any more, so maybe some chages/fixes where made since this thread was started. Marketplace page is now: <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/6053/the-portal-under-the-stars-plus-dcc-0-level-pc-tokens" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/6053/the-portal-under-the-stars-plus-dcc-0-level-pc-tokens</a>
It still does not work for me.
Yep, when I try to create a game off of it, shows a cart instead of a checkmark for the module eventhough I already bought it.&nbsp; Seems like a roll20 issue.

Edited 1592409158
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you look at the marketplace page for Goodman Games, the module isn't listed at all.&nbsp; The only listing is for the token pack.&nbsp; Hopefully there is a response soon, at least to let people know what is going on. Edit: Unless that is supposed to include the module also.
ive posted to the discord twice crickets&nbsp;
Johny R.
Sheet Author
Translator
So, I think we need to request the refund of this module.
I don't want a refund.&nbsp; I want it to work.&nbsp; Sounds like some have had success.
ive emailed roll 20 and now goodman ill let you know&nbsp;
just received this from goodman &nbsp; Hi , &nbsp; I am checking into what is going on and will get back to you as soon as I hear anything &nbsp; Jess McDevitt Goodman Games
Vega said: ive emailed roll 20 and now goodman ill let you know&nbsp; Thanks doood!
Johny R.
Sheet Author
Translator
I requested the refund, because today the module is useless for me, and roll20 team is "jumping" from this thread...
I bought it today and I am having the same problem. ( I wish I saw this thread before I purchased.)
This is still an issue. The module cannot be added to a game.&nbsp;
I just bought this on 6/20 and am having the same issue. Any updates from any sources?
I'm having the same problem as OP.&nbsp; I've submitted a help request too.&nbsp; I've heard nothing.&nbsp; Is anyone working on this?&nbsp; Some sort of acknowledgment of the issue and an explanation of what is being done to correct it would be appropriate.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Nice, same thing happened here - and considering the last email I sent to Roll20 was returned 10 days later with: "We have a lot of emails so we closed your ticket, open a new one if you still have a problem." then I doubt anything good will come of this. Good thing I'm migrating to Forge hosted FoundryVTT and you can convert or get releases for it. This is another nail in the coffin for me.
i still have not heard from Goodman , and im guessing this is a roll 20 thing , still have not heard from them .&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1592752977
Johny R.
Sheet Author
Translator
Iron Wolf AK said: I'm having the same problem as OP.&nbsp; I've submitted a help request too.&nbsp; I've heard nothing.&nbsp; Is anyone working on this?&nbsp; Some sort of acknowledgment of the issue and an explanation of what is being done to correct it would be appropriate.&nbsp;&nbsp; I just asked and got a refund:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new</a> Apparently they will not fix the error.
Johny R.
Sheet Author
Translator
Limping Ninja said: Nice, same thing happened here - and considering the last email I sent to Roll20 was returned 10 days later with: "We have a lot of emails so we closed your ticket, open a new one if you still have a problem." then I doubt anything good will come of this. Good thing I'm migrating to Forge hosted FoundryVTT and you can convert or get releases for it. This is another nail in the coffin for me. I started to learn about FoundryVTT too, it looks promising.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Did they say they wouldn't fix the error? Someone in accounting may have no idea what's going on in development. I did report this yesterday when I saw that folks were having an issue. I'll see what I can find out.
Johny R.
Sheet Author
Translator
keithcurtis said: Did they say they wouldn't fix the error? Someone in accounting may have no idea what's going on in development. I did report this yesterday when I saw that folks were having an issue. I'll see what I can find out. I did the report before June 14th. Ignored. I made the request for refund in June 18th. Attended yesterday (June 20th).
keithcurtis said: Did they say they wouldn't fix the error? Someone in accounting may have no idea what's going on in development. I did report this yesterday when I saw that folks were having an issue. I'll see what I can find out. Please do.&nbsp; I REALLY want to use this.&nbsp; I DON'T want a refund.
I'm having the same problem. I want it to work. I was very excited to see DCC content in the Roll20 market place
Like others I do not want a refund, I want what I purchased to work.&nbsp; I'm a fan of DCC and a big supporter of Goodman Games.&nbsp; I can only hope someone somewhere is working to find out what the problem is.&nbsp;&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
My guess is that this will be resolved after the weekend. Dev changes are rare on weekends.
Ok, well I have at least two players that REALLY have wanted to do DCC for a while and I promised to run this Saturday.&nbsp; Hopefully it will be fixed by then or I will load something else.
I just boght the module, it didnt work and now i am here... gah.. this is not good. Pls give me an update whats up, thanks
Others may have done so already but I emailed Goodman Games yesterday to see if they're aware of the issue.&nbsp; I'll post here with whatever reply I get from them.
well, in the marketplace, I thought it said it wouldn't be ready until December or something now
I received a reply from Jess McDevitt of Goodman Games today.&nbsp; Jess said that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.&nbsp; I've asked her in another email if there is a timeline they may have been given by Roll20 tech support.&nbsp; If I receive an answer I'll post it here.
Thanks Mike!&nbsp; Was planning on running game Saturday, but at this point, I will likely run something else.
Bought this yesterday and having the same problem. Thanks for the updates.
Hey folks -&nbsp; The dev team is looking into this right now so we can get it resolved as soon as possible. Apologies for the trouble!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Nicholas!
Hey everyone - This should be fixed now. If you have any other issues with the module, please let me know. Thanks!
Looks good.&nbsp; Thanks!

Edited 1593032042
Xax
Pro
ok the module works fine but there were supposed to be tokens for the lvl 0 funnel player tokens , where do i find these ? The Portal Under the Stars + DCC 0-level PC Tokens
It's working, thanks to everyone that fixed the problem!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Vega said: ok the module works fine but there were supposed to be tokens for the lvl 0 funnel player tokens , where do i find these ? They should be in your art library, under Marketplace Purchases in a folder called "DCC 0-level PC Tokens". Just click the Marketplace Purchases master folder and you should find them. Be aware that due to a still-unresolved bug, putting "DCC 0-level PC Tokens" into the search field will not bring them up. Marketplace items that are provided in packages remain unsearchable, only standalone items.
Thanks keith found them now , i swear they were not there yesterday , thanks for all you do !