Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro for SFX firebreathing dragon token

Soraya mentioned that someone had made a token macro that used the fire breath from SFX so that the token would breathe fire when the macro was clicked. Does anyone have that macro? Also, how can we hook the SFX into macros for other uses? Thanks in advance to anyone who has the macro and or can teach me how to build macros that use the SFX.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This section of the wiki has the basic syntax It looks like this might do the job /fx breath-fire @{target|Dragon|token_id} @{target|PC|token_id} You select on the dragon to get its token id from chat with @{selected|token_id}. Let's say it returns "-M7Nm2fnwoGUPS2VLqhn". You can then create a macro or ability like: /fx breath-fire -M7Nm2fnwoGUPS2VLqhn @{target|token_id} Assign that to a token action button. Then you can run the action, click on the target, and they are crispy fried.
Thank you! I will begin testing that out.
Works really well. I also figured out how to add damage to it when I set it up as a macro. Any idea how I could hook that up with the actual breath weapon in a PF2 monster sheet? I pulled up an adult red dragon and am playing with the Breath Weapon there. I'm trying to make it so I can just click Breath Weapon there and have it work. Then I can just drag the macro itself off the sheet right to the macro bar and use it from there. Once I get that figured out I can do it with other weapons and effects. I wonder if there are API effects out there for arrows, blood splatters (I seem to recall one), and other cool things that we can use as custom fx?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't know enough about how that sheet is set up to make it totally automatic. You should at the very least be able to set up a token action button that runs the attack and the ability in one press. To get the code for the attack, press the attack on the sheet then click into the text chat input area and press the up key. Copy that code and put both it and the fx macro into an ability on your attributes and abilities tab. Lick "use as token action" and the button will appear whenever you have the token selected.