Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

2 players cannot see each other p2p

Edited 1593042714
So I'm DMing two campaigns, one has a total of 7 of us, the other has 5 of us. The game with 7 players works perfectly fine on a (mostly) reliable basis, however the game with 5 players, two of the individuals cannot hear nor see each other. They can see and hear the rest of us, and we-them, it's JUST an issue between the two players.  Player 1 has tried Safari, FireFox & Chrome on a mac Player 2 has tried Chrome & Opera while on Windows 10
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm surprised that the 7 player game ks better than the 5 player. Usually the number of connections is a pretty good indicator for how well the system works (fewer the better). At this point, you are best off filing a  Help Center Request . Though, you could go through the help steps mentioned in the Help Center  first to see if they give you any insight or solutions.
We have the same problem. Group with 4, everything fine, but two of us always have problems seeing and hearing each other.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Player 1 & 2 could both try Firefox & Chrome together, as they are the two officially supported browsers, but it sure sounds like an issue between the two players and might not have much to do with the browser. Is there anything that sets Player 1 & 2 apart from the rest of you, in some more abstract sense? Do they live together and share the same network/internet connection? Does either one reside physically far away from each other or in countries with less reliable/more restrictive internet service providers(ISP)? Remember at times there have been Roll20 issues for people living in specific countries or areas that have been caused by the ISP Is one or both of them maybe the only in the group that runs the game on a tablet or lightweight laptop?
Just because it wasn't confusing enough, *just* those two guys met me in the campaign and they still had the issue. For the sake of testing, I cloned the campaign and it had the same problem. I then invited P2 to a campaign that I was leading that already included P1 and it presented the same problem most  of the time (just the 3 of us). There was a period, among the many refreshes/reconnects that P1 & P2 could hear and see each other, but P2 had lost the ability to see/hear me (happened once in the maaaany attempts to fix the issue on the original campaign). One refresh and it went back to the undesired "normal". As a hail-mary of a test, I created a new campaign and invited P1 & P2 and they both could see/hear each other as well as myself just like one  would expect.... So it's safe to say that the issue doesn't like with either of their computers or locations. I'm going to re-create the original campaign from scratch over the next 24 hours to make sure there's nothing carried over from either player that could cause the bug. If there are any devs that want to try and figure out what the problem actually is, I'm more than happy to GM you on the campaigns (not that you'd need it, I would assume). I know, as an IT guy, I'd want to know why  something isn't working as intended. Questions? Thoughts? Ideas that'd save me 10 hours of work that doesn't involve the transmogrifier? lol -Agnati
Agnati said: Just because it wasn't confusing enough, *just* those two guys met me in the campaign and they still had the issue. For the sake of testing, I cloned the campaign and it had the same problem. I then invited P2 to a campaign that I was leading that already included P1 and it presented the same problem most  of the time (just the 3 of us). There was a period, among the many refreshes/reconnects that P1 & P2 could hear and see each other, but P2 had lost the ability to see/hear me (happened once in the maaaany attempts to fix the issue on the original campaign). One refresh and it went back to the undesired "normal". As a hail-mary of a test, I created a new campaign and invited P1 & P2 and they both could see/hear each other as well as myself just like one  would expect.... So it's safe to say that the issue doesn't like with either of their computers or locations. I'm going to re-create the original campaign from scratch over the next 24 hours to make sure there's nothing carried over from either player that could cause the bug. If there are any devs that want to try and figure out what the problem actually is, I'm more than happy to GM you on the campaigns (not that you'd need it, I would assume). I know, as an IT guy, I'd want to know why  something isn't working as intended. Questions? Thoughts? Ideas that'd save me 10 hours of work that doesn't involve the transmogrifier? lol -Agnati We never use Roll20 for voice - it drops out too often. We generally use Discord and run it in the background. We then use video on Roll20 as seeing each other isn't as important as seeing each other (although it is nice) Running Discord means people can also use a phone more easily, and therefore still be able to hear what's going on when they go to make a tea.
Andreas J. said: Player 1 & 2 could both try Firefox & Chrome together, as they are the two officially supported browsers, but it sure sounds like an issue between the two players and might not have much to do with the browser. Is there anything that sets Player 1 & 2 apart from the rest of you, in some more abstract sense? Do they live together and share the same network/internet connection?               Nope. P1 is in Ga and P2 is in Cali (as is another player in a different campaign with P1 and I that hasn't had this issue at all) Does either one reside physically far away from each other or in countries with less reliable/more restrictive internet service providers(ISP)? Remember at times there have been Roll20 issues for people living in specific countries or areas that have been caused by the ISP.                    See above. The kicker is that it's very consistent between just these two players, no matter the day or time or how many other people are in the campaign (see above post). Is one or both of them maybe the only in the group that runs the game on a tablet or lightweight laptop?                 One is on a ~5 year old mac, the other is on a pretty beefy PC. P1 on the Mac doesn't have any of the same issues on the other campaign mentioned above.