Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Small issue with Odyssey of the Dragonlords. Players can see HP of NPC/Monster

Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi. Somehow, for all tokens, 'players can see' on the HP bar has been turned on for all NPC's/Monsters. Ofcourse I can go in, and change it for every encounter manually, but thats a lot of work. Is there any way that I can change it for all creatures in the game at once?
You can set this outside the game in your Game Default Settings ( <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Game_Default_Settings" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Game_Default_Settings</a> ). Note that this only applies to future tokens . Once this is set, launch your game, open Settings (the cog icon in the right-hand Sidebar pane), and scroll down to the bottom. There should be an Apply Default Settings button. Click that and choose the default settings you wish to apply to the tokens already in your game . Click the Apply Settings button and it will go to work. It may take a few minutes depending on how big your game is - watch the progress bar below the red text and don't close or change the page until it finishes. When it is done you will get a box that says "Selected settings successfully applied." and an OK button. When you see that you should be all set.
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Rabulias. However in the Default setting in game, I can't select anything related to bars or HP

Edited 1593272130
Once you are on the Settings page for your game and you expand the Game Default Settings, the right-hand column should be Token Defaults. Do you not see these settings or can you not check the checkboxes for them?
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
These are the options I have in the game
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Rabulais is talking about the settings on your out-of-game settings page, not the in-game settings tab. Once you set and save changes on that page, it will become available for you to apply to in-game content on the in-game settings tab.
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ah thank you. The strange thing here is: The line&nbsp; 'show/hide bar 1 to players' only shows up if I click that I want to show them in the Default Game, not when I want to hide them. I will keep playing around with it. But I don't think I can get it to work.
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I tried. But I am still having problems. The problem is, that the ability to toggle the default settings within game, disappears when I click 'Bar 1 visible' in the normal game settings. So I basically only have the ability to turn the bar on, and not off. I have included screenshots to make it more clear. Without the button toggled: With the button toggled: