Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Preventing unintentional re-rolling/double-rolling of Initiative?

Without going into too much detail, I have a player who sometimes unintentionally double clicks buttons and so far the only time that has been an issue in-game has been with initiative rolls. The turn tracker allows multiple initiative rolls and "saves" the last roll. I can obviously have someone else roll for him but would rather solve this programmatically if possible. I am thinking that there are multiple solutions to this problem. 1) Look for a way to disable the initiative macro button for a given time period after single-click. 2) Alter turn tracker's behavior so that it only accepts the first value rolled...Any suggestions?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
A script could be written that would observer the turn tracker and revert subsequent rolls if made within some time limit.  That would be the simplest method for the API.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Here's a macro which may help: /emas @{target|t1|character_name} attempts to enter a quantum superposition, fails, and takes [[4d2]] Probability damage, angering the Universe. @{target|t1|character_name} shakes their head(s) and vows not to do this again! More seriously, you could give them an Initiative macro with a Query in it. A double click will throw up two Query windows... they'd have to really be doing it "accidentally" to double click the macro AND double-click or double-enter the Query pop-up. "Have you already rolled Initiative?" would be a potential prompt :)