Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using Macro to compute numbers without using Roll brackets

I'm trying to create a macro that will show a modifier number without it appearing in a "roll" box. Using floor(@{Bobus|class2_level}/3) and want to make it look like instead of Can this be done with using floor equation?

Edited 1594335950
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not aware of any way to do that without using the API (which is a whole other set of problems and is overkill for just one roll). You could look into the Power Cards API script which gives a lot of control over how rolls appear.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Which sheet are you using? Some of the 5e roll templates use their own style and you don't get the yellow inline roll box. I'm not sure about other sheets though.
The sheet is Pathfinder by Roll20. However, this is a macro that I'm creating under the Collection tab for the bar in the lower-left corner.

Edited 1594342990
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is it just the yellow appearance you don't want? Or the mouseover info? You can do this: &{template:npc} {{name=Macro}} {{descflag=1}} {{desc=Macro content here: **I will roll a d20 and add [[15]]:** [[ [[1d20 + 15]] ]] }} It's a stripped down npc template, you can display whatever you want in the description field. I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve, but this will get rid of the yellow box, and by using double [[ [[ inline roll brackets ]] ]] you can destroy the tooltip roll info on mouseover (if that's at all important). I don't think you can completely hide that a roll has occurred: the text is slightly bigger and there will always be some kind of pop-up on mouseover. Is any of this useful?
Very much so. Thank you. Learning so much from everyone. /w gm &{template:npc} {{name=Perception}} {{descflag=1}}  {{desc=Bobus [[1d20+@{Bobus|perception}]], +[[[[{[[floor(@{Bobus|class2_level}/3)]],[[1]]}kh1]]]] vs surprise, +[[[[{[[floor(@{Bobus|class2_level}/2)]],[[1]]}kh1]]]] vs traps}}